AARP's caregiver resource center can help you navigate your role as a family caregiver. Try it today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: So, why is auto insurance mandatory?

Message 41 of 46

@Olderscout66 wrote:

The Germans had an excellent solution to the kind of infantile me-ism practiced by most Republicans - if a driver chose to ignore their seat belt law, the driver would receive a 20DM fine if the police stopped them, but if they were in an accident, their insurance company (and everyone had to have insurance) did not have to pay for their injuries. I'd say we allow Republicans to cancel all their insurance and permit hospitals to only treat those who can pay. Then the GOPerLords will still be treated for illness and injury, and in a very few years, they'll have no base to elect their drones and we can haave a Government that will actually Govern For and By the 99%..

Seriously tho, we all have car insurance because those laws were passed before the teabaggers took over the GOP and Republicans still behaved logically and responsibly.

I have not heard of any Tea Party objection to mandatory auto insurance. Possibly you can be a bit more specific.

BTW - I have and have always had throughout my adult life insurance. I have always considered that to be the responsible thing to do. Does that make me one of those hater 1%ers or GOPerLords  referred to above??

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 46

@Richva wrote:

I am reading about the Republican attempt to remove health insurance from as many poor people as possible.  Even I believe I would take the chance and pay the 30% surcharge if I had to get insurance. Assuming I was young and healthy, of course. 

Still, the big argument against Obamacare was the requirement to have health insurance. So, would conservatives suggest we make auto insurance optional?

It's NOT mandatory!  If you want to drive legally in your state, you must have insurance.  The healthcare law had no such provision yet the left tries unsuccessfully to compare apples and oranges.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 46

@Richva wrote:

I am reading about the Republican attempt to remove health insurance from as many poor people as possible.  

If you truly are "reading that" then you are not reading factual material - you are reading leftwing propaganda.

Even I believe I would take the chance and pay the 30% surcharge if I had to get insurance. Assuming I was young and healthy, of course. 

Still, the big argument against Obamacare was the requirement to have health insurance. So, would conservatives suggest we make auto insurance optional?

This Conservative would not. People have a choice as to whether to drive on the public roads or not. They do not have a choice as to whether or not get sick, fall down, get shot, whatever.

However, the individual mandate was probably the only major part of Obamacare that I agreed with. If we are going to illegalize denial based on previous condition, we have to deal with the "I'll get insurance when I get sick or have the accident" concept.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 46

The Germans had an excellent solution to the kind of infantile me-ism practiced by most Republicans - if a driver chose to ignore their seat belt law, the driver would receive a 20DM fine if the police stopped them, but if they were in an accident, their insurance company (and everyone had to have insurance) did not have to pay for their injuries. I'd say we allow Republicans to cancel all their insurance and permit hospitals to only treat those who can pay. Then the GOPerLords will still be treated for illness and injury, and in a very few years, they'll have no base to elect their drones and we can haave a Government that will actually Govern For and By the 99%..

Seriously tho, we all have car insurance because those laws were passed before the teabaggers took over the GOP and Republicans still behaved logically and responsibly.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 46

@Richva wrote:

I am reading about the Republican attempt to remove health insurance from as many poor people as possible.  Even I believe I would take the chance and pay the 30% surcharge if I had to get insurance. Assuming I was young and healthy, of course. 

Along the same lines shouldn't conservatives be allowed to decline police services, fire dept services, and educational services - homeschool their spawn, and have the cost for those services removed from their taxes?  

Just think of the additional disposable income they would have available to improve the economy...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

So, why is auto insurance mandatory?

Message 46 of 46

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs