Rethink your job search with the AARP job board. Find opportunities for experienced workers today.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: So, go down to the homeless shelter and help you #%5$#5#@$*

Message 1 of 30

@Richva wrote:

No problem. Just TELL me what you have done.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Jezuz-Richva-Grandpa served in Vietnam -Does he really have to do anymore? I bet you wern`t there to welcome him home.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 30

@Richva wrote:

@easyed598 wrote:

GEEZ it makes me mad. Almost as much as when they pretend they did help. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Yeah but not half as much  with me as someone who accuses all conservatives as not caring about the homeless vets and  doesn`t have a clue what they actually do..  BTW- From what I observed ,it is conservatives who do a lot more for homeless vets and wounded vets than liberals who are mostly anti-military.

No problem. Just TELL me what you have done. <sound of crickets again>

Just say you put on vaudeville shows and take them skydiving. You'll have as much proof as the "play checkers with them" claim.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 30

@Richva wrote:

@bd8344 wrote:

Some veterans have benefits and others do not.  I know of a man that was homeless in Long Beach and he received several thousand dollars a month but chose not to live in an apartment because he told me he did not want to live by someone elses rules.  I know of three other veterans that it took a while to get their benefits and either stayed on the streets or had to live in a shelter but they finally did get their benefits and was able to get a place.  I now one other veteran right now that is fighting for his benefits but has not received them yet.  Sometimes they choose not to be housed and sometimes it is not their choice.That person lived in a shelter and on the street for about a year.

Here in Los Angeles, our city has a lot of homeless and is working hard to get them housed.  There is a shortage of housing here for everyone.  They are doing a lot of building temporary housing for veterans here but it is not enough.  Our mayor here in Los Angeles did say on television that we will be housing the veteran's first, then everyone else.  

I know of two other veteran's that was priced out of their place and have not been able to get another places since.  That was over 5 years ago.  Unfortunately they could get help from other agencies that help veteran's (Wounded Warriors Progect, etc.) but because they have a lot of survivors guilt, they say that even though they were wounded, there are other's that are worse off than them so let them have the help from those other agencies. You cannot help someone that does not want the help.  We do need to take care of those that need and are willing to accept the help.  They do not need to be out in the elements after they put their life on the line for us here at home.

In New Mexico, we have a lot of veterans eligible for benefits but not capable of applying for them or don't stay in one place long enough to collect them.  Something as simple as helping these poor souls who lost their minds fighting for our country would make a huge difference but conservatives just want to click "like" on support our troops posts then spit  (yes, they do that) on "the homeless" not thinking about how they got that way. GEEZ it makes me mad. Almost as much as when they pretend they did help. 

Any place that I have ever seen where people volunteer to help others welcomes the help without checking voter registration or proof of political ideology. That must be a very strange place you claim to do your good work.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 30

@H2Oh wrote:

Allow me to interpret the conservative response to the OP:

Help with the homeless? Are you crazy? Why would I help out with a bunch of losers who are homeless because they made bad choices? Not with my money, I won't help the homeless. But her emails!

I think I've covered all their bases, just to save time. You're welcome.

What ACTUAL words from REAL posts would lead to that conclusion? It seems like this is just one more ploy of the left to attack the vision of anyone who is of a different political belief.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 30

@Richva wrote:

No problem. Just TELL me what you have done.

What says that anyone is required to say what they have done?  Especially since there is no way here on this forum to prove their words. 

Also some of us live in areas where there isn't any homeless shelters.  There aren't any here in my area.  In a small area like this, a person who is homeless would be taken in by relatives, neighbors or friends.  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 30

@easyed598 wrote:

GEEZ it makes me mad. Almost as much as when they pretend they did help. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Yeah but not half as much  with me as someone who accuses all conservatives as not caring about the homeless vets and  doesn`t have a clue what they actually do..  BTW- From what I observed ,it is conservatives who do a lot more for homeless vets and wounded vets than liberals who are mostly anti-military.

No problem. Just TELL me what you have done. <sound of crickets again>

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 30

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 30

Yes I agree.  I know more than one veteran that has PTSD and that is one reason why a lot of them are not in their own place and either on the street or in a shelter.  Yes they do need help in applying.  I am not a veteran, but whenever I can, I pass along the information I learned from the veterans I do know, on where they went to get help in getting their benefits, so they can get help in getting their benefits too.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 30

Hi all,

This thread is starting to get off-topic. While you may have different opinions, please remember to be respectful of one another as our guidelines state: This is a diverse community of people with diverse opinions. It is up to each of us to be polite and treat each other with respect.

You can read the full guidelines here: http://community.aarp.org/t5/custom/page/page-id/Guidelines

Thanks and happy posting!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 30

@MIseker wrote:

Do you ever address a topic?

I believe I am on topic, so why the question?  I believe that making it about another poster is off-topic.

Why are you attempting to make it about another poster?  Since being a veteran, I am concerned about them...are you?

Kudos
Views