From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: So, go down to the homeless shelter and help you #%5$#5#@$*

Message 11 of 30
Soosie posted...

.Let me see if I understand. If we are not posting the charities we help on here for you to see, then we are lazy and cheap and don't help anyone? How did you get elevated to this status?

=========================================

Good question .

When we give money every month to two local homeless shelters, The Salvation Army, the American Red Cross and to the Food Bank I have never been asked what political party I belong to. Do we do it for a tax write off..no, as we do not make enough to pay Federal or State income taxes...we do it because we see the need.

We also donate clothing , etc.

Its very telling that one poster is trying to put down one political party with his opinion...but with his record it is SOP.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 30

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

The ones I really get angry with are the ones who pretend they go and don't.  The ones who say "How do YOU know what other people do?". Sure giveaway that they do not give a rip about homeless veterans unless they can use them to further their narrative.  

So if one questions about someone visiting homeless veterans they could care less about them?  But if they make a big deal about visiting them they do?  What if there are no homeless shelters around?

Do you ever address a topic?

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 30

@Richva wrote:

The ones I really get angry with are the ones who pretend they go and don't.  The ones who say "How do YOU know what other people do?". Sure giveaway that they do not give a rip about homeless veterans unless they can use them to further their narrative.  

So if one questions about someone visiting homeless veterans they could care less about them?  But if they make a big deal about visiting them they do?  What if there are no homeless shelters around?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 30

@bd8344 wrote:

Some veterans have benefits and others do not.  I know of a man that was homeless in Long Beach and he received several thousand dollars a month but chose not to live in an apartment because he told me he did not want to live by someone elses rules.  I know of three other veterans that it took a while to get their benefits and either stayed on the streets or had to live in a shelter but they finally did get their benefits and was able to get a place.  I now one other veteran right now that is fighting for his benefits but has not received them yet.  Sometimes they choose not to be housed and sometimes it is not their choice.That person lived in a shelter and on the street for about a year.

Here in Los Angeles, our city has a lot of homeless and is working hard to get them housed.  There is a shortage of housing here for everyone.  They are doing a lot of building temporary housing for veterans here but it is not enough.  Our mayor here in Los Angeles did say on television that we will be housing the veteran's first, then everyone else.  

I know of two other veteran's that was priced out of their place and have not been able to get another places since.  That was over 5 years ago.  Unfortunately they could get help from other agencies that help veteran's (Wounded Warriors Progect, etc.) but because they have a lot of survivors guilt, they say that even though they were wounded, there are other's that are worse off than them so let them have the help from those other agencies. You cannot help someone that does not want the help.  We do need to take care of those that need and are willing to accept the help.  They do not need to be out in the elements after they put their life on the line for us here at home.

In New Mexico, we have a lot of veterans eligible for benefits but not capable of applying for them or don't stay in one place long enough to collect them.  Something as simple as helping these poor souls who lost their minds fighting for our country would make a huge difference but conservatives just want to click "like" on support our troops posts then spit  (yes, they do that) on "the homeless" not thinking about how they got that way. GEEZ it makes me mad. Almost as much as when they pretend they did help. 

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 30

Some veterans have benefits and others do not.  I know of a man that was homeless in Long Beach and he received several thousand dollars a month but chose not to live in an apartment because he told me he did not want to live by someone elses rules.  I know of three other veterans that it took a while to get their benefits and either stayed on the streets or had to live in a shelter but they finally did get their benefits and was able to get a place.  I now one other veteran right now that is fighting for his benefits but has not received them yet.  Sometimes they choose not to be housed and sometimes it is not their choice.That person lived in a shelter and on the street for about a year.

Here in Los Angeles, our city has a lot of homeless and is working hard to get them housed.  There is a shortage of housing here for everyone.  They are doing a lot of building temporary housing for veterans here but it is not enough.  Our mayor here in Los Angeles did say on television that we will be housing the veteran's first, then everyone else.  

I know of two other veteran's that was priced out of their place and have not been able to get another places since.  That was over 5 years ago.  Unfortunately they could get help from other agencies that help veteran's (Wounded Warriors Progect, etc.) but because they have a lot of survivors guilt, they say that even though they were wounded, there are other's that are worse off than them so let them have the help from those other agencies. You cannot help someone that does not want the help.  We do need to take care of those that need and are willing to accept the help.  They do not need to be out in the elements after they put their life on the line for us here at home.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 30

@Soosie wrote:

My thought on this post is this is from an extremely angry poster.  I think there are much better ways to suggest someone go to the homeless shelter and help out.  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 30

My thought on this post is this is from an extremely angry poster.  I think there are much better ways to suggest someone go to the homeless shelter and help out.  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Soosie-This is Richva just being Richva(cricket lady)

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 30

My thought on this post is this is from an extremely angry poster.  I think there are much better ways to suggest someone go to the homeless shelter and help out.  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 30

Richva wrote-Please feel free to enlighten me on all you have done for our homeless vets.  <crickets>_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________-As I posted before,I live in a county where there are no homeless vets, but have assisted vets in nursing homes or hospitals and also supported wounded warriors. I was  also a military brat  whose father fought in world war2 so have been around the military community a large portion of my life and have witness the hardship many  military families go through.--Your turn>crickets<

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 30

@easyed598 wrote:
.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Another liberal making inane remarks ,who has no knowledge of what posters do to help the homeless or the vets. Just wondering what H2o has done lately for the homeless.

Please feel free to enlighten me on all you have done for our homeless vets.  <crickets>

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors