WATCH VIDEO: Friday's Iowa presidential candidate forum. Appearing are Beto O'Rourke, Elizabeth Warren, Marianne Williamson and Andrew Yang.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: So, go down to the homeless shelter and help you #%5$#5#@$*

Message 21 of 30

H2O wrote- Allow me to interpret the conservative response to the OP:

Help with the homeless? Are you crazy? Why would I help out with a bunch of losers who are homeless because they made bad choices? Not with my money, I won't help the homeless. But her emails!

I think I've covered all their bases, just to save time. You're welcome.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Another liberal making inane remarks ,who has no knowledge of what posters do to help the homeless or the vets. Just wondering what H2o has done lately for the homeless.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 30

Allow me to interpret the conservative response to the OP:

Help with the homeless? Are you crazy? Why would I help out with a bunch of losers who are homeless because they made bad choices? Not with my money, I won't help the homeless. But her emails!

I think I've covered all their bases, just to save time. You're welcome.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 30

@easyed598 wrote:

Good question-especially those who are so judgmental about others without even knowing them. ie: poster who criticize  Republicans because this poster never see them at homeless shelter they visits. I willing to bet I have seen more homeless vets and wounded warriors then this poster has seen in a lifetime.BTW-My grandson is a army vet. and is now a civilian policeman.

No doubt, seeing as you were raised in a military family.  Those like you and I are probably more familiar with veteran's problems, and the basis of them, having been around them most of our life than those who talk about it.  There is many who are judgmental more so to denigrate others just because. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 30

How are we to know if those who claim they are involved with helping at homeless shelters, etc; or donating time or money to causes, etc. are actually doing so?

I have my doubts when someone brings up their particapation when a topic about a cause comes up.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Good question-especially those who are so judgmental about others without even knowing them. ie: poster who criticize  Republicans because this poster never see them at homeless shelter they visits. I willing to bet I have seen more homeless vets and wounded warriors then this poster has seen in a lifetime.BTW-My grandson is a army vet. and is now a civilian policeman.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 30

@MIseker wrote:

Projecting your posting style on other posters?

Anything to say about the topic instead of making it personal about another poster?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 30

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:
‎11-06-2018 08:15 AM
I see the occasional post from conservatives about how they will help <fill in the cause or group> when we solve the problem of homeless veterans. Yet, when I go down and server food, play checkers, or other help as needed, i NEVER run into any Republicans. ZERO. Even the veterans who come down to help are Dems or DTS.

If you don't even know where the nearest homeless shelter is located, stop pretending this is your excuse for not being involved in any other social issue. The reason you are not involved is that you are lazy or cheap. @Richva..............Let me see if I understand. If we are not posting the charities we help on here for you to see, then we are lazy and cheap and don't help anyone? How did you get elevated to this status?

How are we to know if those who claim they are involved with helping at homeless shelters, etc; or donating time or money to causes, etc. are actually doing so?

I have my doubts when someone brings up their particapation when a topic about a cause comes up.

Projecting your posting style on other posters?

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 30

In my county in Ohio we don`t have homeless shelters . We have all  our needy  vets and elderly (my mother in law)in assisted living facilities. It is considered a rural area and probably different in big cities where they have homeless people on the streets. Most homeless vets I have encountered have some kind of government support.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 30

@Soosie wrote:
I see the occasional post from conservatives about how they will help <fill in the cause or group> when we solve the problem of homeless veterans. Yet, when I go down and server food, play checkers, or other help as needed, i NEVER run into any Republicans. ZERO. Even the veterans who come down to help are Dems or DTS.

If you don't even know where the nearest homeless shelter is located, stop pretending this is your excuse for not being involved in any other social issue. The reason you are not involved is that you are lazy or cheap. @Richva..............Let me see if I understand. If we are not posting the charities we help on here for you to see, then we are lazy and cheap and don't help anyone? How did you get elevated to this status?

I have my doubts when someone brings up their particapation when a topic about a cause comes up.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 30

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

So, go down to the homeless shelter and help you #%5$#5#@$*

Message 30 of 30

I see the occasional post from conservatives about how they will help <fill in the cause or group> when we solve the problem of homeless veterans.  Yet, when I go down and server food, play checkers, or other help as needed, i NEVER run into any Republicans. ZERO. Even the veterans who come down to help are Dems or DTS. 

If you don't even know where the nearest homeless shelter is located, stop pretending this is your excuse for not being involved in any other social issue.  The reason you are not involved is that you are lazy or cheap. 

Kudos
Views
Replies