Refresh your driving skills and learn about new car technology with the AARP Driver Safety page.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: So.......about that caravan

Message 31 of 49

If Trump really wanted to resolve the Immigration problem.  the only thing that he has to do is tell the Senate and the House, that he will not signed anything until they both come up with an immigration plan that cen be enforced and pass b y both houses.

and then shut up and if they present him with a bill  both the Senate and the House Sign it.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 49

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Offer documentation of what you do to help homeless veterans and I may answer your question.

My point was that the money trump wants to spend on a ridiculous wall, the 60 million he has spent on golf vacations and the millions he spent deploying the military to the border could have solved our homeless veterans problem.

You are the one who threw the question out, so you need to do so first.  I would believe that it has to do with partisan politics more than anything.  Question is why you brought in homeless veterans.  And when did you complain about Barrack and Michelle Obama taking separate vacations; flying to New York and back just to watch a Broadway play.

Why did you bring up homeless veterans and not homeless in general?  Was there a reason in your post to me?  For information, I don't think there is any amount of money that would solve the homeless problem of any class of people. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 49

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Do you believe we should help our homeless veterans?

Homeless veterans is not the topic of this discussion...but of course you are attempting to change the subject.  But since you want to bring them up what are you doing for not only them, but homeless Americans?

Oh, I forgot, it's only acceptable for the Right and supposed independents to go "off topic".

Offer documentation of what you do to help homeless veterans and I may answer your question.

My point was that the money trump wants to spend on a ridiculous wall, the 60 million he has spent on golf vacations and the millions he spent deploying the military to the border could have solved our homeless veterans problem.

The wall is relatively cheap when you consider the net cost of each illegal alien ($8,000/year) but I know there are other considerations like each illegal alien will be able to vote for Hillary in the next election especially in blue voting districts where no concern is given to id, if a citizen, or even alive.

http://fairus.org/issue/publications-resources/fiscal-burden-illegal-immigration-united-states-taxpa...

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 49

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Homeless veterans is not the topic of this discussion...but of course you are attempting to change the subject.  But since you want to bring them up what are you doing for not only them, but homeless Americans?

Oh, I forgot, it's only acceptable for the Right and supposed independents to go "off topic".

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 49

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

DOD reported Der Trumper's attempt to freighten his tremulous base to the polls has already cost an extra $75,000,000, and they have no idea when lil donny will want to put his live action GIJoes back in the box - hopefully before Christmas, but according to FOX, there's a war there as well, so perhaps he'll add some THAAD units to defend Santa and Rudolf - he could redeploy the ones in South Korea as a special gift for his BFF Kim.

$75.000.000 on this and $60,000,000 on golf vacataions. $135,000,000 would go a long way to help our homeless veterans. That is, if he cared about them.

Do you not believe in defending our borders?

I do indeed. Care to get back to the topic?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 49

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Of course.  I am not sure they need defending against families who will sit for months waiting for a legal decision about their status. That really does not seem to be the type we are defending AGAINST. 

Do you believe we should spend $75M so our soldiers can play volleyball in the mud while they wait for Trump to let them go home?

They are far from all those "poor, tired women and children" alluded to. Surely you are aware of the strategy to overwhelm the system and get the "come back in six months (or whatever)" deal. Yes, I believe our borders need protection from those who would skip the line.

I have no objection to troops playing volleyball - now or when Obama was President.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 49

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 49

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

DOD reported Der Trumper's attempt to freighten his tremulous base to the polls has already cost an extra $75,000,000, and they have no idea when lil donny will want to put his live action GIJoes back in the box - hopefully before Christmas, but according to FOX, there's a war there as well, so perhaps he'll add some THAAD units to defend Santa and Rudolf - he could redeploy the ones in South Korea as a special gift for his BFF Kim.

$75.000.000 on this and $60,000,000 on golf vacataions. $135,000,000 would go a long way to help our homeless veterans. That is, if he cared about them.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 49

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@gruffstuff wrote:

The use of US combat Troops is a test of the Posse Comitatus Act.

Can you show where combat troops has been or will be used on the border?  From what I understand those deployed are from the engineer corps, plus military police for security of the troops, medical and transportation people, and helicopter pilots.

If these personnel had remained at their home stations wouldn't they be getting paid the same as here, plus being engaged in field training doing mostly what they have been doing at the border.  All mostly for training purposes....and wouldn't doing this under actual conditions better?

Well if you look at Trumps first orders to the Armed Forces it was to send troops to defend the border. Just today we see Trump telling the troops that should shoot to kill the people crossing the border. About a week ago it was shoot to kill any one throwing rocks at the troops guarding the border. Trump ordered combat troops sent to the border and it looks like he still thinks he has combat troops there. The military people who were tasked to plan the mission reported that it would be a waste of time and money. The name of the operation was changed by the military and they told us no troops would be used for border security only as support which is legal. The operation is being ended by the military and they have said all troops will be out of there by Xmas. The fake operation has cost the US millions in extra dollars and hurt the training of the troops per the military. You use the phrase "from what I understand" well now I just gave you what is happening and you can see you had a lot more to understand. Final thought. The military took an illegal mission order, changed it to a legal one, and then ended the operation when Trump proved to all it was a mission to help him in an election which is illegal and he should be impeached for it. I am sure you will join all true Americans in pushing for that.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 49

@rk9152 wrote:

Of course.  I am not sure they need defending against families who will sit for months waiting for a legal decision about their status. That really does not seem to be the type we are defending AGAINST. 

Do you believe we should spend $75M so our soldiers can play volleyball in the mud while they wait for Trump to let them go home?

Kudos
Views