From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: So, Why DID we bomb Syria?

Message 101 of 106

@NerdyMom wrote:

I don't know.   Syria is using the airfield today.   We warned the Russians before we struck, and they warned the Syrians.    We spent $60 million for what?  A light show?    I almost wonder if Trump freaked out and Mattis engineered this "nothing" response to appease him. 

--

Perhaps the damage wasn't to the airfields but to the auxiliary installations on the airfield.  Recalling my days in the Air Force, the runways wasn't the only important targets.  Fuel dumps, power stations, control tower, etc can affect the operations. 

If you've ever been close to the target or in the vicinity of incoming missiles, you wouldn't think it was a 'light show'. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 102 of 106

@KidBoy2 wrote:
NerdyMom posted..

I don't know. Syria is using the airfield today. We warned the Russians before we struck, and they warned the Syrians. We spent $60 million for what? A light show? I almost wonder if Trump freaked out and Mattis engineered this "nothing" response to appease him.

======================================================

I think most know why...and most leaders of other countries agree with the discussion.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/06/world/middleeast/chemical-attack-syria.html

ISTANBUL — The poison used in the deadly chemical bomb attack in a rebel-held part of northern Syria this week was the banned nerve agent sarin, the Turkish Health Ministry said in a statement on Thursday.

The statement from Turkey, where many of the stricken Syrians were taken after the assault on Tuesday, was the most specific about the cause.

“According to the results of preliminary tests,” the statement said, “patients were exposed to chemical material (Sarin).”

Western countries have accused the Syrian government of President Bashar al-Assad of carrying out the chemical attack on the town of Khan Sheikhoun in Idlib Province, which left scores dead and hundreds sickened in one of the worst atrocities so far in the six-year-old Syria war.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Now I think you know why DID we bomb Syria.

Thanks for asking.

lol.  Thanks for mansplaining it to me.  I'm so enlightened now.  I had not heard that there had been a chemical weapons attack.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 103 of 106
NerdyMom posted..

I don't know. Syria is using the airfield today. We warned the Russians before we struck, and they warned the Syrians. We spent $60 million for what? A light show? I almost wonder if Trump freaked out and Mattis engineered this "nothing" response to appease him.

======================================================

I think most know why...and most leaders of other countries agree with the discussion.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/06/world/middleeast/chemical-attack-syria.html

ISTANBUL — The poison used in the deadly chemical bomb attack in a rebel-held part of northern Syria this week was the banned nerve agent sarin, the Turkish Health Ministry said in a statement on Thursday.

The statement from Turkey, where many of the stricken Syrians were taken after the assault on Tuesday, was the most specific about the cause.

“According to the results of preliminary tests,” the statement said, “patients were exposed to chemical material (Sarin).”

Western countries have accused the Syrian government of President Bashar al-Assad of carrying out the chemical attack on the town of Khan Sheikhoun in Idlib Province, which left scores dead and hundreds sickened in one of the worst atrocities so far in the six-year-old Syria war.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Now I think you know why DID we bomb Syria.

Thanks for asking.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 104 of 106

I don't know.   Syria is using the airfield today.   We warned the Russians before we struck, and they warned the Syrians.    We spent $60 million for what?  A light show?    I almost wonder if Trump freaked out and Mattis engineered this "nothing" response to appease him. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 105 of 106

According to Donald:  

OR

View image on Twitter

If the donald supporters can't agree on which one is most accurate...let's just all agree;   DISTRACTION.   

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

So, Why DID we bomb Syria?

Message 106 of 106

Just askin'.  I don't see how this is in America's interest.  Hardly "America First".   Trump seemed to say he "Was moved by those little brown children being killed as long as they don't try to come here".

Is this just an escalation of his "Look over there!" technique? Are we moving up from a weekly Twitter storm of insanity to a weekly bombing?  Is there a reality show in the future?

What is the justification?

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors