Caring for a loved one? Find a part-time job that fits your schedule. Search the AARP Job Board.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Snow Texas Oklahoma Arkansas Missouri Ga. Fl.

Message 1 of 15

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Mick I ask again ....Why did you not make this thread ...Trump to dump snow on the south this weekend?

FYI It was 31 below yesterday at West Yellowstone Mt.

Well, dont think I didn't consider it - but I had a "Gut Feeling" - that Trump was going to be accused of committing multiple felonies by Mueller & the SDNY like he was

Blaming him for Snow would have been - piling on .............

Heh heh

( " “I don’t want to see the Republican Party ride to political victory on the Four Horsemen of Calumny — Fear, Ignorance, Bigotry, and Smear.”) Margaret Chase Smith

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 15

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Mick I ask again ....Why did you not make this thread ...Trump to dump snow on the south this weekend?

At 31 below - tire traction is actually measurably better than at 20 F...

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 15

@afisher wrote:

I hope your weather alert is accurate.   I need to go to Austin tomorrow for a legislative meeting and damp roads are OK, but snow in South Central TX is not good.    Too many good ol boys somehow believe that having a big truck with rifle rack in the back window will stop on a dime in snow.  

Many of those good 'ol boys have many mistaken opinions - for instance - many are of the opinion that consuming a couple of Shiner Bock won't adversely affect their performance in virtually all fields of endeavor.  

That big truck with a rifle rack and big fat tires will not stop as well on wet roads, will not corner as well on wet roads, and will hydroplane more easily...

We enjoy watching their antics when they come up a mile to two miles above sea level - where each Shiner Bock counts two to three times as much in the BAC Bingo - where the roads are snowpacked and icy much of the time...

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 15

@afisher wrote:

I hope your weather alert is accurate.   I need to go to Austin tomorrow for a legislative meeting and damp roads are OK, but snow in South Central TX is not good.    will stop on a dime in snow.  

Supposed to be cloudy in Austin tomorrow, 48 to 39 degrees.  Shouldn't have any trouble with your redneck truck with rifle rack.  Nothing to worry about since you have I-35.  More concerns about flash flooding than snow.  I'll take the snow.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 15

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 15

I hope your weather alert is accurate.   I need to go to Austin tomorrow for a legislative meeting and damp roads are OK, but snow in South Central TX is not good.    To many good ol boys somehow believe that having a big truck with rifle rack in the back window will stop on a dime in snow.  

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 15

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Typical.

Yesterday you posted.."Trump Reindeers Normally Migrate - NO SNOW..."

Today its "Snow to blanket the South this weekend in major winter storm"

Why did you not make this thread ...Trump to dump snow on the south this weekend? Just asking.

Geez .......can't a guy simply post a Public Service Announcement for the Sami Indians from Sweden ........ I figured if they took you up on your offer of swimming 5000 miles across the Atlantic to get to all the Snow in Montana - maybe they might want to take a break in the South Eastern US what with all the Snow being predicted for the area & after resting up they could continue on to Montana - after all it is a long time in the Ocean.......

I mean didnt you alert them to all the Snow in Montana

Just providing more alternatives

Can they rake as they move through?.....

Absolutely - It's Incredible How Versatile Reindeer Can Be - we all know they've been trained to pull sleighs

Well - Here is one even Plowing a Field - Rakes are simply another Farming attachment

Reindeer.png

( " “I don’t want to see the Republican Party ride to political victory on the Four Horsemen of Calumny — Fear, Ignorance, Bigotry, and Smear.”) Margaret Chase Smith

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 15

@mickstuder wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Typical.

Why did you not make this thread ...Trump to dump snow on the south this weekend? Just asking.

Geez .......can't a guy simply post a Public Service Announcement for the Sami Indians from Sweden ........ I figured if they took you up on your offer of swimming 5000 miles across the Atlantic to get to all the Snow in Montana - maybe they might want to take a break in the South Eastern US what with all the Snow being predicted for the area & after resting up they could continue on to Montana - after all it is a long time in the Ocean.......

Can they rake as they move through?.....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 15

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Typical.

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 15

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Typical.

HA. I remember when Rush Limbaugh used a cold winter as proof there was not global warming.  Note to those who deny science, lack of snowfall on continents that should have it and snowfall in places that should not indicates the climate is changing. It is changing faster than any time in geologic history except when man started pumping greenhouse gasses and a dinosaur killer meteor hit the earth. 

Kudos
Views