Reply
Honored Social Butterfly

Six deaths due to Vaping? Seriously?

So, six people have died of vaping related lung ailments in the last six months and "hundreds" are ill.  

 

132 Americans were shot TODAY!  One day!  Could we work on the more dangerous problems first, please?

Contributor

Oh, you can’t even imagine how angry I am about the fact that people talk about deaths due to vape. Scientists have done a lot of research for a long time and they proved that vaping without nicotine is completely harmless. The probability that these people died precisely because of the vape is 0 percent. Such concerns are spread only by concerns that produce cigarettes, because vaping is a terrible and strong competitor for the cigarette business ... Think about this, do not approve these crazy data. My father smokes a vape for a very long time and he buys certified and delicious liquids  and he is completely healthy so it is impossible to die from vape!

0 Kudos
1,591 Views
3
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@GlenM853975 wrote:

 

Thanks for responding....

 

Oh, you can’t even imagine how angry I am about the fact that people talk about deaths due to vape. Angry?  Why?  If you vape, feel free....but why get angry?  Have you tried THC?  That might help with the anger....Scientists have done a lot of research for a long time and they proved that vaping without nicotine is completely harmless.  I disagree.....what studies are you reading?  Can you post links to them here?   Here's one I found.... Vaping may be more dangerous than we realized   Just click on it read if you like, but it may make you angry....

 

The probability that these people died precisely because of the vape is 0 percent. Can you prove that with a link so we can read the scientific reasearch that you have?  Such concerns are spread only by concerns that produce cigarettes, because vaping is a terrible and strong competitor for the cigarette business ...I dunno....it's used to help ween smokers off of cigarettes..... Think about this, OK! Shoot..... do not approve these crazy data. What data?  My father smokes a vape for a very long time and he buys certified and delicious liquids and he is completely healthy Who say's he is completely healthy?  You?  Has he had his lungs tested?  When was his last Pulmonary Function test?  so it is impossible to die from vape!  You might want to share your "opinion" with the CDC....  68 reported dead from vaping-related lung illness  After you chat with them, you may want to share what you learned with your father.  You can say he owes you one....one LIFE!


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
0 Kudos
1,568 Views
0
Report
Recognized Social Butterfly


@GlenM853975 wrote:

Oh, you can’t even imagine how angry I am about the fact that people talk about deaths due to vape. Scientists have done a lot of research for a long time and they proved that vaping without nicotine is completely harmless. The probability that these people died precisely because of the vape is 0 percent. Such concerns are spread only by concerns that produce cigarettes, because vaping is a terrible and strong competitor for the cigarette business ... Think about this, do not approve these crazy data. My father smokes a vape for a very long time and he buys certified and delicious liquids  and he is completely healthy so it is impossible to die from vape!


There are no long term studies showing that vaping is safe.  I wouldn't believe the vaping propaganda anymore than I believed the smoking propaganda.

Honored Social Butterfly


@GlenM853975 wrote:

Oh, you can’t even imagine how angry I am about the fact that people talk about deaths due to vape. Scientists have done a lot of research for a long time and they proved that vaping without nicotine is completely harmless. The probability that these people died precisely because of the vape is 0 percent. Such concerns are spread only by concerns that produce cigarettes, because vaping is a terrible and strong competitor for the cigarette business ... Think about this, do not approve these crazy data. My father smokes a vape for a very long time and he buys certified and delicious liquids and he is completely healthy so it is impossible to die from vape!


Seriously yes.

Contributor

Oh, you can’t even imagine how angry I am about the fact that people talk about deaths due to vape

0 Kudos
1,621 Views
1
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@GlenM853975 wrote:

Oh, you can’t even imagine how angry I am about the fact that people talk about deaths due to vape


You're ANGRY that people "talk about deaths due to vaping"  Why so?


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
0 Kudos
1,607 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

It was the lightning fast response to vaping VS the Mitch McConnel turtle speed of a response to guns that bothered me. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Richva:  It was the lightning fast response to vaping VS the Mitch McConnel turtle speed of a response to guns that bothered me. 

 

 

 

The Republicans don't live in mortal fear of the Vaping industry like they do the NRA.

Honored Social Butterfly


@Panjandrum wrote:

Richva:  It was the lightning fast response to vaping VS the Mitch McConnel turtle speed of a response to guns that bothered me. 

 

 

 

The Republicans don't live in mortal fear of the Vaping industry like they do the NRA.


By what came out tonight you might have to eat those words. Trump yesterday was saying we needed to do something to stop the vaping medical problems and deaths we are seeing. Well guess what tonight Trump thinks vaping in total is ok. Even the vaping mfg. assoc. was caught off guard on this one per what their director said on TV tonight. Could be Trump family purchased a vaping mfg. Time will tell, but we seem to be having a repeat of the gun problem. One day fix it, the next day it is ok. The real problem is we have a President who has mental problems and can not think like a normal person. Lets change that in 2020 which might solve the problem.

Esteemed Social Butterfly


@john258 wrote:

@Panjandrum wrote:

Richva:  It was the lightning fast response to vaping VS the Mitch McConnel turtle speed of a response to guns that bothered me. 

 

 

 

The Republicans don't live in mortal fear of the Vaping industry like they do the NRA.


By what came out tonight you might have to eat those words. Trump yesterday was saying we needed to do something to stop the vaping medical problems and deaths we are seeing. Well guess what tonight Trump thinks vaping in total is ok. Even the vaping mfg. assoc. was caught off guard on this one per what their director said on TV tonight. Could be Trump family purchased a vaping mfg. Time will tell, but we seem to be having a repeat of the gun problem. One day fix it, the next day it is ok. The real problem is we have a President who has mental problems and can not think like a normal person. Lets change that in 2020 which might solve the problem.


Yep, Trump's a flip-flopper.  See Trump now says not all vaping is bad.

 

Here's a 'winner' from that guy in the WH:

 

Trump, when asked on Thursday by reporters if he and the first lady had discussed vaping with their 13-year-old son, Barron, said, "We haven't told him anything, except don't vape. Don't vape. We don't like vaping. I don't like vaping."

Well, OK then.  More profundity from Donnie.  (Wonder if he remembered Barron was his son this time?)

Honored Social Butterfly

Vaping needs addressed even worse than cigarettes and other tobacco products did. Guns need addressed too. The first is far simpler, doing this is good IMO.

 

Now, let's see a consorted effort at gun reforms and regulations !


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Social Butterfly

I'm an ex-smoker and I vape a little now then because I still get cravings. The e-juice I buy is tabacco flavored with a little vanilla finish. This juice contains 0 Nicotene. That's right, no nicotene whatsoever. All Juul ecigs, and other brands as well, contain nicotene. But I bought a vaporizer that allows me to chose what type of eliquid to fill it with and how many mgs of nicotene. My ejuice comes in 0mg, 3mg, and 6mg. I chose 0mg.

 

Also, I vape lightly, and only about 6 puffs total a day. What I've read is that some of these vaping illnesses and deaths are caused by homemade ejuice. Also, the kids like to blow huge clouds of smoke.

 

I'm not saying the vaping I do is safe. I'm saying I've tried to minimize any harmful effects, it's got to be better that cigarettes, and I'm saving a ton of money. If studies show that even light use of 0 nicotene vaping is harmful, I'll quit. But I feel a lot better than when I smoked cigarettes.

 

I am not condoning vaping. It's best not to smoke or vape. But a little judicious vaping does wipeout my cigarette cravings.

Honored Social Butterfly

Vaping is a nicotine delivery system, just like cigarettes.

Nicotine is a highly addictive narcotic

Vaping SHOULD require a doctor's prescription!

 

Time to stop pretending there is no cost to society from the tobacco industries drive to addict young people to their poison.

 

Remember way back when Joe Camel was used to attract children to a deadly addiction? WE STOPPED IT!

Those who marketed the candy flavored nicotine products should be JAILED and not let out until we had cured their victims addiction.

 

Just because guns kill MORE children is no reason to ignore the ones killed slowly by Big Tobacco.

Honored Social Butterfly

Time to stop pretending there is no cost to society from the tobacco industries drive to addict young people to their poison.

 

I agree with that, time to start talking about the American addictive substance industrial complex, which are addictive  drugs under many different names.

 

At least we regulate alcohol and prescription drugs, but it's time to call and regulate nicotine for what is is, an addictive drug.  

Honored Social Butterfly

Here is a thought for all.  You do know the expense of treating all of these people is in the Health Care System. A lot are covered by Insurance so your rates go up. Others are covered in the ER care part and your taxes go up. Others are covered in Medicaid so your taxes go up. Notice it is all on us the people.

Now if we had a medicare  for under 65 paid for by a Trust Fund that Fund could go after the people who caused this. The Vaping mfg. They could be sued and like the Tobacco Cos. Ordered to pay the costs of treatment to the trust fund. That would mean all of our cost do not go up as much. The same approach could be used with the Drug Mfg., and family who owns them of OXY C drug for the treatment cost due to what they did.

Social Butterfly

The health care costs of vaping are regrettable but we were able to greatly reduce the number of cigarette smokers and if they do ban candy flavored ecigs it'll be a decent start.

We need to make vaping as offensive to people as cigarettes.

 

The biggest drains on our health care system are obesity, drugs and the fact the last 2 years of a person's life incur more medical costs than all the years before.

 

The kid with the 70-year-old lungs is suing the ecig company. Let's hope he wins.

 

 

 

 

0 Kudos
2,026 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Not only with this issue, but with many other issues which kill people, we need to deal with. But...

Everytime trump comes out and appears that he cares about something, let’s first ask what is he trying to hide and why is he directing our attention to this. We know that he does not care, neither do any members of his family. 

Let’s not let ourselves be led, but to ask questions of why. He pulls this over, and over, and over. Just like the hurricane map, he wanted to divert our attention. 

God knows that there are so many problems that trump has caused, there are a great number of things that we need to stay focused and pay attention to. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png