Join Dr. Catherine Alicia Georges and Amy Goyer at 10:15 a.m. ET Wednesday for an AARP telephone town hall on family caregiving issues. Register here.

Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Six deaths due to Vaping? Seriously?

Message 1 of 12

@john258 wrote:

@Panjandrum wrote:

Richva:  It was the lightning fast response to vaping VS the Mitch McConnel turtle speed of a response to guns that bothered me. 

The Republicans don't live in mortal fear of the Vaping industry like they do the NRA.

By what came out tonight you might have to eat those words. Trump yesterday was saying we needed to do something to stop the vaping medical problems and deaths we are seeing. Well guess what tonight Trump thinks vaping in total is ok. Even the vaping mfg. assoc. was caught off guard on this one per what their director said on TV tonight. Could be Trump family purchased a vaping mfg. Time will tell, but we seem to be having a repeat of the gun problem. One day fix it, the next day it is ok. The real problem is we have a President who has mental problems and can not think like a normal person. Lets change that in 2020 which might solve the problem.

Yep, Trump's a flip-flopper.  See Trump now says not all vaping is bad.

Here's a 'winner' from that guy in the WH:

Trump, when asked on Thursday by reporters if he and the first lady had discussed vaping with their 13-year-old son, Barron, said, "We haven't told him anything, except don't vape. Don't vape. We don't like vaping. I don't like vaping."

Well, OK then.  More profundity from Donnie.  (Wonder if he remembered Barron was his son this time?)

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 12

The health care costs of vaping are regrettable but we were able to greatly reduce the number of cigarette smokers and if they do ban candy flavored ecigs it'll be a decent start.

We need to make vaping as offensive to people as cigarettes.

The biggest drains on our health care system are obesity, drugs and the fact the last 2 years of a person's life incur more medical costs than all the years before.

The kid with the 70-year-old lungs is suing the ecig company. Let's hope he wins.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
I hope to God you know that quote.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 12

Not only with this issue, but with many other issues which kill people, we need to deal with. But...

Everytime trump comes out and appears that he cares about something, let’s first ask what is he trying to hide and why is he directing our attention to this. We know that he does not care, neither do any members of his family. 

Let’s not let ourselves be led, but to ask questions of why. He pulls this over, and over, and over. Just like the hurricane map, he wanted to divert our attention. 

God knows that there are so many problems that trump has caused, there are a great number of things that we need to stay focused and pay attention to. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 12

Here is a thought for all.  You do know the expense of treating all of these people is in the Health Care System. A lot are covered by Insurance so your rates go up. Others are covered in the ER care part and your taxes go up. Others are covered in Medicaid so your taxes go up. Notice it is all on us the people.

Now if we had a medicare  for under 65 paid for by a Trust Fund that Fund could go after the people who caused this. The Vaping mfg. They could be sued and like the Tobacco Cos. Ordered to pay the costs of treatment to the trust fund. That would mean all of our cost do not go up as much. The same approach could be used with the Drug Mfg., and family who owns them of OXY C drug for the treatment cost due to what they did.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 12

Time to stop pretending there is no cost to society from the tobacco industries drive to addict young people to their poison.

I agree with that, time to start talking about the American addictive substance industrial complex, which are addictive  drugs under many different names.

At least we regulate alcohol and prescription drugs, but it's time to call and regulate nicotine for what is is, an addictive drug.  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 12

@Panjandrum wrote:

Richva:  It was the lightning fast response to vaping VS the Mitch McConnel turtle speed of a response to guns that bothered me. 

The Republicans don't live in mortal fear of the Vaping industry like they do the NRA.

By what came out tonight you might have to eat those words. Trump yesterday was saying we needed to do something to stop the vaping medical problems and deaths we are seeing. Well guess what tonight Trump thinks vaping in total is ok. Even the vaping mfg. assoc. was caught off guard on this one per what their director said on TV tonight. Could be Trump family purchased a vaping mfg. Time will tell, but we seem to be having a repeat of the gun problem. One day fix it, the next day it is ok. The real problem is we have a President who has mental problems and can not think like a normal person. Lets change that in 2020 which might solve the problem.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 12

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 12

I'm an ex-smoker and I vape a little now then because I still get cravings. The e-juice I buy is tabacco flavored with a little vanilla finish. This juice contains 0 Nicotene. That's right, no nicotene whatsoever. All Juul ecigs, and other brands as well, contain nicotene. But I bought a vaporizer that allows me to chose what type of eliquid to fill it with and how many mgs of nicotene. My ejuice comes in 0mg, 3mg, and 6mg. I chose 0mg.

Also, I vape lightly, and only about 6 puffs total a day. What I've read is that some of these vaping illnesses and deaths are caused by homemade ejuice. Also, the kids like to blow huge clouds of smoke.

I'm not saying the vaping I do is safe. I'm saying I've tried to minimize any harmful effects, it's got to be better that cigarettes, and I'm saving a ton of money. If studies show that even light use of 0 nicotene vaping is harmful, I'll quit. But I feel a lot better than when I smoked cigarettes.

I am not condoning vaping. It's best not to smoke or vape. But a little judicious vaping does wipeout my cigarette cravings.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
I hope to God you know that quote.
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 12

It was the lightning fast response to vaping VS the Mitch McConnel turtle speed of a response to guns that bothered me. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 12

Vaping needs addressed even worse than cigarettes and other tobacco products did. Guns need addressed too. The first is far simpler, doing this is good IMO.

Now, let's see a consorted effort at gun reforms and regulations !

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs