Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Sitting During the Anthem

Message 51 of 68

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:
I didnt hear this outcry when Tim Tebow PUBLICLY took a knee during the anthem because he couldnt respect a country that allows abortion. What this tells me it isnt about kneeling, its about who does it.

See where Tim Tebow is now?  Where is he?  Found refuge in professional baseball instead of football.

He wasnt that good in the NFL. Menatlly, he had it. but it takes some physical attrubutes too. Do a bit of researh to see what you find.

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 68

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

Sitting during the National Anthem.jpg

These players and liberals might be getting their way with the few players exercising their 'constitutional rights' to sit or kneel during the playing of the National Anthem.  But now they have infringed on our rights to hear it being played on our TVs at home before games.  

Now the networks will not broadcast it with the games.  Again, liberals infringe on rights of others for the sake of getting their way... 

Would you point out where in the US Constitution is the right for you to hear the National Anthem on your TV before a sporting event? If it is that important to you why don't you get a recording of it and listen to it yourself.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 68

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Saying that "liberals infringe on rights of others" seems narrow minded to me.

Of course it does to you.  Liberals have no problem respecting the rights of others as long as they get their narrow minded way of forcing their opinions on others.  Thanks for asking (sarcasm).

Part of the 'me' generation wanting their way disregarding others, thinking their rights override those of others.  It hasn't changed since decades ago when a kid told me that I have no rights but others do.

The Me Generation? "wanting their way disregarding others, thinking their rights override those of others."

Is that how you refer to conservatives who support the 1st Amendment as long as they approve of the speech and the color of the protester's skin? Interesting.

" It hasn't changed since decades ago when a kid told me that I have no rights but others do."

Cool story, bro. Got another?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 68

@MIseker wrote:
I didnt hear this outcry when Tim Tebow PUBLICLY took a knee during the anthem because he couldnt respect a country that allows abortion. What this tells me it isnt about kneeling, its about who does it.

See where Tim Tebow is now?  Where is he?  Found refuge in professional baseball instead of football.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 68
So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 68

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Of course it does to you.  Liberals have no problem respecting the rights of others as long as they get their narrow minded way of forcing their opinions on others.  Thanks for asking (sarcasm).

Part of the 'me' generation wanting their way disregarding others, thinking their rights override those of others.  It hasn't changed since decades ago when a kid told me that I have no rights but others do.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 68

I'm waiting for the cartoons showing how Trump disrespected the military when a war hero died by briefly flying the flag at half staff, raising it again the next morning, then having to lower it again because of the bad polls.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 68

@nctarheel wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

These players and liberals might be getting their way with the few players exercising their 'constitutional rights' to sit or kneel during the playing of the National Anthem.  But now they have infringed on our rights to hear it being played on our TVs at home before games.  

Now the networks will not broadcast it with the games.  Again, liberals infringe on rights of others for the sake of getting their way... 

Folks,

Can you believe that one is complaining that REAL PEOPLE are exercising their REAL CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS and then they try to equate that with what a TV network chooses to air.

It is clear what the REAL MOTIVE is.

It is the minimization of the importance of a MINORITY'S expression of their FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHTS by comparing it to a network's decision to reduce the airtime connected with airing an NFL game.

It is amazing to what lengths some will go to create a subterfuge that confuses the REAL MOTIVE.

That cat has been out of the bag for a long long time.

Lee Atwater described it in a famous/infamous interview in 1981 - the references can get a little obscure and veiled at times, but it's still the same as it's always been...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 68

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

Sitting during the National Anthem.jpg

So .......... you have "a right" to hear the national anthem before games? Can you show that to be true by referencing the Constitution?

Doesn't all individual pro sports "have the right" to decide if they play the national anthem before each game? Do the networks have the right to decide if they broadcast the national anthem? So do you as a 'conservative' want to take away the rights of pro sports (or the networks) to decide for themselves whether or not they play the national anthem?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 68

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Folks,

Can you believe that one is complaining that REAL PEOPLE are exercising their REAL CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS and then they try to equate that with what a TV network chooses to air.

It is clear what the REAL MOTIVE is.

It is the minimization of the importance of a MINORITY'S expression of their FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHTS by comparing it to a network's decision to reduce the airtime connected with airing an NFL game.

It is amazing to what lengths some will go to create a subterfuge that confuses the REAL MOTIVE.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors