Refresh your driving skills and you could save on your auto insurance! Sign up for the AARP Smart Driver course.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Sitting During the Anthem

Message 31 of 68

@Cirice wrote:

Well, if it's that important to you, you could always go to the game and witness it in person.

That's ok, I've stood up for it a good many times over the past fifty odd years.  I've seen a good many who wished  they had legs to stand on but they were casualties of defending the right to do so..

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 68

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@H2Oh wrote:

Oh my ... I’ve been reading your posts in which you look down on everyone on the left. Amusing. 

If the color of their skin doesn’t bother you, what other possible reason could you have for

trying to deny them their 1st Amendment rights? While, of course, insisting that you have a superior Constitutional right to hear your Magic Somg on TV ...

Your posts are the ones that is amusing, also I am unaware of what a 'magic somg' is.  Looking at your posts, you have only been on the forum since August 27, yet you are lighting into others.  So that would indicate you are someone had left the forum for some reason or something.

And what first amendment rights am I denying?  They are paid to play football, not to act like prima donnas or leftest from here.  The broadcasts are paid for by our purchases of the advertisers products. 

Again you failed to answer why they don't go out and being a good example of those they claim to be demonstrating for.  But even at that, they are more creating outrage instead of gaining support... 

Where do you get off telling others what their opinion should be?  Why don't you go sell your garbage elsewhere?

Bye

Or maybe @H2Oh  just joined the AARP. Ever think of that?

Who the hell do you think you are, anyway?  Oh, that's right... you're a fan of the wannabe dictator Trump. So I guess that entitles you to tell others what they can post and when they can post it.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 68

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

He wasnt that good in the NFL. Menatlly, he had it. but it takes some physical attrubutes too. Do a bit of researh to see what you find.

Thanks for telling me.  I've only known that for some time...  you misspelled 'mentally' and 'research'.  Should I pay attention to your posts?

And what about your ungrammatical comment "Apparently the networks has solved this problem of sitting and kneeling by not giving these characters the national coverage they want."

Do you think we should we pay attention to your posts?

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 68

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Apparently the networks has solved this problem of sitting and kneeling by not giving these characters the national coverage they want.

And so you're complaining about this... why?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 68

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@H2Oh wrote:

Oh my ... I’ve been reading your posts in which you look down on everyone on the left. Amusing. 

If the color of their skin doesn’t bother you, what other possible reason could you have for

trying to deny them their 1st Amendment rights? While, of course, insisting that you have a superior Constitutional right to hear your Magic Somg on TV ...

Your posts are the ones that is amusing, also I am unaware of what a 'magic somg' is.  Looking at your posts, you have only been on the forum since August 27, yet you are lighting into others.  So that would indicate you are someone had left the forum for some reason or something.

And what first amendment rights am I denying?  They are paid to play football, not to act like prima donnas or leftest from here.  The broadcasts are paid for by our purchases of the advertisers products. 

Again you failed to answer why they don't go out and being a good example of those they claim to be demonstrating for.  But even at that, they are more creating outrage instead of gaining support... 

Where do you get off telling others what their opinion should be?  Why don't you go sell your garbage elsewhere?

Bye

When, exactly, did you get to be the arbiter of how other people express their views and protest the things which affect their lives and the lives of their loved ones?  You tell them to  "go out and be a good example...." yet it appears they are doing exactly that by protesting treatment of their race that would be unacceptable in a white neighborhood.   Since you have paid your fees to see the game, you get to see that game. They and their families and their friends are being persecuted, so you get to see them protest. Would it not make more sense to stop shooting unarmed black men rather than telling the men not YET shot to stop acting........uppity? 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 68

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

Sitting during the National Anthem.jpg

These players and liberals might be getting their way with the few players exercising their 'constitutional rights' to sit or kneel during the playing of the National Anthem.  But now they have infringed on our rights to hear it being played on our TVs at home before games.  

Now the networks will not broadcast it with the games.  Again, liberals infringe on rights of others for the sake of getting their way... 

Well, if it's that important to you, you could always go to the game and witness it in person.

And if that's not a viable option, you could always sing it by yourself in the comfort of your own living room. Or the living room of a friend. Or at your friendly neighborhood pub.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 68

@H2Oh wrote:

Bye

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 68

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@H2Oh wrote:

Still not enunciating how telling black men when and how they're allowed to exercise their 1st Amendment rights ISN'T a case of infringing on their rights ... as opposed to your completely fictional right to listen to the Magic Song before football ...

Where did I mention 'black men' in my comments?  Do you look at people by the color of their skin or the type of person they are?  Over the years I've associated with people of all races and nationalities. I've seen more neo-racism, for want of a better term,  instigation here on this forum than in all my travels to different countries.

Your post comes across as more typecasting of making people the 'poor little old me types' and 'you Americans are rich we Filipinos are poor, therefore you need to share with us'.  I heard the latter while spending the weekend in that families bamboo hut out in the barrio away from the military base.

Those football players are making big bucks so why aren't they spending some of that loot helping the ones they are taking a knee for?  Why aren't they out being a good example to those poor people who are being taking advantage of?  Other than being publicity hounds?

I've taken advantage throughout my career of associating with locals wherever I've been assigned.  Among 'peasants' and higher class individuals.  You have assumed a lot in your posts to me.  What have you done that gives you a right to look down on anyone?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 68

@H2Oh wrote:

Still not enunciating how telling black men when and how they're allowed to exercise their 1st Amendment rights ISN'T a case of infringing on their rights ... as opposed to your completely fictional right to listen to the Magic Song before football ...

Where did I mention 'black men' in my comments?  Do you look at people by the color of their skin or the type of person they are?  Over the years I've associated with people of all races and nationalities. I've seen more neo-racism, for want of a better term,  instigation here on this forum than in all my travels to different countries.

Your post comes across as more typecasting of making people the 'poor little old me types' and 'you Americans are rich we Filipinos are poor, therefore you need to share with us'.  I heard the latter while spending the weekend in that families bamboo hut out in the barrio away from the military base.

Those football players are making big bucks so why aren't they spending some of that loot helping the ones they are taking a knee for?  Why aren't they out being a good example to those poor people who are being taking advantage of?  Other than being publicity hounds?

I've taken advantage throughout my career of associating with locals wherever I've been assigned.  Among 'peasants' and higher class individuals.  You have assumed a lot in your posts to me.  What have you done that gives you a right to look down on anyone?

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 68

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@oceanedge2 wrote:

If the station you're watching is not going to play the anthem, play it for yourself.

More of the 'me' generation's way of thinking?  The networks has the right idea...and liberals has no problem infringing on the rights or enjoyment of others?  More of the 'me, me, me'.

Have a good evening....

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors