From travel insurance to fraud protection, AARP has you covered. Take a closer look at your member benefits.

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Sitting During the Anthem

Message 21 of 68

I read around here quite a bit before posting so I’m quite familiar with your false accusations against liberals.

And it seems that the more supercilious a poster is here, the more likely he/she is to mock a single mistyped letter. Sad, as the creature in the WH would say. 

So I take it you are an NFL owner? That could be your only argument for denying these men their 1st Amendment rights, as otherwise it is not up to you to have any opinion whatsoever. That is, of course, unless you have other reasons for your position. What could they be, I wonder?

BTW, these “prima donnas” you look down on with such scorn give literally millions of dollars to good causes, along with theIr time. You probably know that but prefer to pretend you don’t do you can, again, speak of them with scorn. 

When will you fill us in on that precious Constitutional right to hear your Magic Song?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 68

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@oceanedge2 wrote:

If the station you're watching is not going to play the anthem, play it for yourself.

More of the 'me' generation's way of thinking?  The networks has the right idea...and liberals has no problem infringing on the rights or enjoyment of others?  More of the 'me, me, me'.

Have a good evening....

It seems that you are the one who is demanding that everyone cater to you.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 68

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

Would you point out where in the US Constitution is the right for you to hear the National Anthem on your TV before a sporting event? If it is that important to you why don't you get a recording of it and listen to it yourself.

I do have the right of my opinion of whether to watch prima donnas make fools of themselves and in doing by spoiling my watching the National Anthem at the beginning of the game.  Perhaps they should play the Internationale which liberals sound like they would prefer? 

Apparently the networks didn't care for their antics either.

Nobody said that you don’t have a right to your opinion but you are claiming a right to watch the playing of the National Anthem on TV. If your day is spoiled because you don’t get to watch what you want, when you want and how you want you must live a very miserable life.

Here is a location where you can watch and listen to the National Anthem to your content:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M1wLtAXDgqg

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 68

@alferdpacker wrote:

The day that the nation has realized that blacks can be somebody has long ago occurred.

Now the question is how long it will be before racist white trump followers and supporters will ever be considered to be worthy of respect...

I understand that Kaepernick's mother was White, his father left her and she gave him up for adoption.  Adopted by a white couple, he led a advantageous life with a good education. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Kaepernick

His net worth is approximately $20 million.  So since he's led a comfortable life, what is he doing to help those he is demonstrating for?  What about his lifestyle and the home he lives in? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKUCj1m8udM

https://finapp.co.in/colin-kaepernick-net-worth/

Doesn't look like he is disadvantaged?  In proportion to his net worth and income, is he supporting the disadvantaged?  Or is it more to draw attention to Mr Kaepernick?  I tend to believe that in comparison of other athletes it for himself?  Compare him and these bench prima donnas to those many other athletes who are doing something for others instead of drawing attention to themselves.

Houston has a hometown hero who during Hurricane Harvey raised millions of dollars for others.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 68

@Cirice wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Cirice wrote:

Do you think we should we pay attention to your posts?

I don't always to yours so suit yourself. 

That would explain why you rarely seem to understand what's being said.

So now since you don't like what I post you are resorting to insults? 

Aren't you now completely off topic? 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 68

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

They and their families and their friends are being persecuted, so you get to see them protest.

Persecuted with outrageous salaries to sit on a bench and protest?  What about those who paid to see a football game and have to see some overpaid crybabies protest because they are paid too much? 

Setting a good example by doing nothing?  They should be being good examples by showing that even Blacks can be somebody. 

The day that the nation has realized that black human beings can be - and are somebody worthy of respect and admiration has long ago occurred.

Now the question is how long it will be before racist white trump followers and supporters will be considered by the majority of American Citizens to be worthy of respect...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 68

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Cirice wrote:

That would explain why you rarely seem to understand what's being said.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 68

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Cirice wrote:

Well, if it's that important to you, you could always go to the game and witness it in person.

That's ok, I've stood up for it a good many times over the past fifty odd years.  I've seen a good many who wished  they had legs to stand on but they were casualties of defending the right to do so..

So you just want to whinge for no reason then? OK.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 68

@Richva wrote:

They and their families and their friends are being persecuted, so you get to see them protest.

Persecuted with outrageous salaries to sit on a bench and protest?  What about those who paid to see a football game and have to see some overpaid crybabies protest because they are paid too much? 

Setting a good example by doing nothing?  They should be being good examples by showing that even Blacks can be somebody. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 68

@Cirice wrote:

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors