Getting ready to enroll in Medicare? AARP’s Medicare Made Easy has the resources you need to help you make the right choices.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Sitting During the Anthem

Message 41 of 68

@oceanedge2 wrote:

If the station you're watching is not going to play the anthem, play it for yourself.

More of the 'me' generation's way of thinking?  The networks has the right idea...and liberals has no problem infringing on the rights or enjoyment of others?  More of the 'me, me, me'.

Have a good evening....

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 68

@Richva wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Saying that "liberals infringe on rights of others" seems narrow minded to me.

Of course it does to you.  Liberals have no problem respecting the rights of others as long as they get their narrow minded way of forcing their opinions on others.  Thanks for asking (sarcasm).

Part of the 'me' generation wanting their way disregarding others, thinking their rights override those of others.  It hasn't changed since decades ago when a kid told me that I have no rights but others do.

Would those be real rights as guaranteed by the Constitution or the made up ones conservatives keep authoring?

Just commenting on the misunderstood thinking of liberals who have the idea that their rights overrule those of others.  You stand up for the Internationale since you don't think much of our National Anthem?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 68

@MIseker wrote:

He wasnt that good in the NFL. Menatlly, he had it. but it takes some physical attrubutes too. Do a bit of researh to see what you find.

Thanks for telling me.  I've only known that for some time...  you misspelled 'mentally' and 'research'.  Should I pay attention to your posts?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 68

@Snoopy48 wrote:

Would you point out where in the US Constitution is the right for you to hear the National Anthem on your TV before a sporting event? If it is that important to you why don't you get a recording of it and listen to it yourself.

I do have the right of my opinion of whether to watch prima donnas make fools of themselves and in doing by spoiling my watching the National Anthem at the beginning of the game.  Perhaps they should play the Internationale which liberals sound like they would prefer? 

Apparently the networks didn't care for their antics either.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 68

@H2Oh wrote:

Is that how you refer to conservatives who support the 1st Amendment as long as they approve of the speech and the color of the protester's skin? Interesting.

" It hasn't changed since decades ago when a kid told me that I have no rights but others do."

Did I say anything about color of skin?  Does your freedoms override mine?  That was my argument to the kid.  Each of our individual rights ended where those of the other began.

Apparently the networks has solved this problem of sitting and kneeling by not giving these characters the national coverage they want.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 68

Tx - Part of the 'me' generation wanting their way disregarding others, thinking their rights override those of others.

If the station you're watching is not going to play the anthem, play it for yourself.  No one will stop you from exercising your right to do so.  If you want to participate with a crowd, call in the neighbors, have a party, eat chicken wings and enjoy the game.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 68

@Panjandrum wrote:

I'm waiting for the cartoons showing how Trump disrespected the military when a war hero died by briefly flying the flag at half staff, raising it again the next morning, then having to lower it again because of the bad polls.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 68

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Saying that "liberals infringe on rights of others" seems narrow minded to me.

Of course it does to you.  Liberals have no problem respecting the rights of others as long as they get their narrow minded way of forcing their opinions on others.  Thanks for asking (sarcasm).

Part of the 'me' generation wanting their way disregarding others, thinking their rights override those of others.  It hasn't changed since decades ago when a kid told me that I have no rights but others do.

Would those be real rights as guaranteed by the Constitution or the made up ones conservatives keep authoring?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 68

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

See where Tim Tebow is now?  Where is he?  Found refuge in professional baseball instead of football.

Are you just confirming that Tebow was a horrible football player or was there another point?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 68

@Richva wrote:

Wow, an old cartoon.  The NFL players now take a knee to protest the exploitation of the black community.  I think protecting them from that kind of government is one of the reasons that Marine would have joined. 

For decades Republicans have used bumper stickers and cartoons to present their position to their lofo base simply because said base could not wrap their tiny minds around things like economic Darwinism and the need to replace democracy with oligarchy to save their (undefined) freedoms.  Much easier to get the GOPer base to accept all that if you can get them laughing instead of thinking.

Kudos
Views