Reply
Honored Social Butterfly

Sitting During the Anthem

Sitting during the National Anthem.jpg

 

Honored Social Butterfly

I'm waiting for the cartoons showing how Trump disrespected the military when a war hero died by briefly flying the flag at half staff, raising it again the next morning, then having to lower it again because of the bad polls.

Honored Social Butterfly

To speak about the disrespect that we have seen in this country not only to our military and what he think of our heroes in the military, and now, we are seeing a cartoon trying to connect the military with a protest that has nothing to do with the actions of the military.  I only have  one word. Precious.

no name
0 Kudos
272 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@Panjandrum wrote:

I'm waiting for the cartoons showing how Trump disrespected the military when a war hero died by briefly flying the flag at half staff, raising it again the next morning, then having to lower it again because of the bad polls.


Honored Social Butterfly

I didnt hear this outcry when Tim Tebow PUBLICLY took a knee during the anthem because he couldnt respect a country that allows abortion. What this tells me it isnt about kneeling, its about who does it.
So it begins.
Honored Social Butterfly


@MIseker wrote:
I didnt hear this outcry when Tim Tebow PUBLICLY took a knee during the anthem because he couldnt respect a country that allows abortion. What this tells me it isnt about kneeling, its about who does it.

Of course there was no outcry - Democrats accepted Tebow's right to disagree. The Republodytes only scream for blood when someone disagrees with them.

They're still cheering lil donny's flag dance dis'ing John McCain.

Honored Social Butterfly


@MIseker wrote:
I didnt hear this outcry when Tim Tebow PUBLICLY took a knee during the anthem because he couldnt respect a country that allows abortion. What this tells me it isnt about kneeling, its about who does it.

See where Tim Tebow is now?  Where is he?  Found refuge in professional baseball instead of football.

0 Kudos
268 Views
7
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

See where Tim Tebow is now?  Where is he?  Found refuge in professional baseball instead of football.



Are you just confirming that Tebow was a horrible football player or was there another point?

Honored Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:
I didnt hear this outcry when Tim Tebow PUBLICLY took a knee during the anthem because he couldnt respect a country that allows abortion. What this tells me it isnt about kneeling, its about who does it.

See where Tim Tebow is now?  Where is he?  Found refuge in professional baseball instead of football.


He wasnt that good in the NFL. Menatlly, he had it. but it takes some physical attrubutes too. Do a bit of researh to see what you find.

 

So it begins.
Honored Social Butterfly


@MIseker wrote:


He wasnt that good in the NFL. Menatlly, he had it. but it takes some physical attrubutes too. Do a bit of researh to see what you find.

 


Thanks for telling me.  I've only known that for some time...  you misspelled 'mentally' and 'research'.  Should I pay attention to your posts?

0 Kudos
247 Views
4
Report
Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:


He wasnt that good in the NFL. Menatlly, he had it. but it takes some physical attrubutes too. Do a bit of researh to see what you find.

 


Thanks for telling me.  I've only known that for some time...  you misspelled 'mentally' and 'research'.  Should I pay attention to your posts?


And what about your ungrammatical comment "Apparently the networks has solved this problem of sitting and kneeling by not giving these characters the national coverage they want."

 

Do you think we should we pay attention to your posts?

Honored Social Butterfly


@Cirice wrote:

 Do you think we should we pay attention to your posts?


I don't always to yours so suit yourself. 

0 Kudos
245 Views
2
Report
Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Cirice wrote:

 Do you think we should we pay attention to your posts?


I don't always to yours so suit yourself. 


That would explain why you rarely seem to understand what's being said.

Honored Social Butterfly


@Cirice wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Cirice wrote:

 Do you think we should we pay attention to your posts?


I don't always to yours so suit yourself. 


That would explain why you rarely seem to understand what's being said.


So now since you don't like what I post you are resorting to insults? 

 

Aren't you now completely off topic? 

0 Kudos
281 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Wow, an old cartoon.  The NFL players now take a knee to protest the exploitation of the black community.  I think protecting them from that kind of government is one of the reasons that Marine would have joined. 

Honored Social Butterfly


@Richva wrote:

Wow, an old cartoon.  The NFL players now take a knee to protest the exploitation of the black community.  I think protecting them from that kind of government is one of the reasons that Marine would have joined. 


For decades Republicans have used bumper stickers and cartoons to present their position to their lofo base simply because said base could not wrap their tiny minds around things like economic Darwinism and the need to replace democracy with oligarchy to save their (undefined) freedoms.  Much easier to get the GOPer base to accept all that if you can get them laughing instead of thinking.

Honored Social Butterfly

Alferd, you were both right and wrong. Trump Cult members live via the concept of white people being victims of the liberal elite. Your Conservative Victim Card was right on the money.

 

You were wrong when you referred to them as conservatives. I'm a conservative, they are whacked out cult members who have no concept of what being a conservative means.

Honored Social Butterfly


@CriticalThinking wrote:

Alferd, you were both right and wrong. Trump Cult members live via the concept of white people being victims of the liberal elite. Your Conservative Victim Card was right on the money.

 

You were wrong when you referred to them as conservatives. I'm a conservative, they are whacked out cult members who have no concept of what being a conservative means.


I understand your position -  I, too, approve of conserving and retaining those things that are constitutional, functional, and are best for both the majority of American Citizens and the long term health and well being of the nation - and the planet.

 

Agreed - trump supporters are whacked-out, malignantly evil and greedy extreme right wing racists, bigots and wanna-be fascists who hope to rule...

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly

Republicans have extended their program of lying on bumper stickers to lying with cartoons.

 

This latest lie is that "assuming a prayerful attitude" was instead "sitting a beer keg", juxtaposed with the image of a Marine maimed in one of the worthless never ending Wars jrbush and the GOP lied us into to further demean an exercise of Free Speech by kneeling. Now THAT'S disgusting.

Honored Social Butterfly


@Soosie wrote:

Sitting during the National Anthem.jpg

 


These players and liberals might be getting their way with the few players exercising their 'constitutional rights' to sit or kneel during the playing of the National Anthem.  But now they have infringed on our rights to hear it being played on our TVs at home before games.  

 

Now the networks will not broadcast it with the games.  Again, liberals infringe on rights of others for the sake of getting their way... 

Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

Sitting during the National Anthem.jpg

 


These players and liberals might be getting their way with the few players exercising their 'constitutional rights' to sit or kneel during the playing of the National Anthem.  But now they have infringed on our rights to hear it being played on our TVs at home before games.  

 

Now the networks will not broadcast it with the games.  Again, liberals infringe on rights of others for the sake of getting their way... 


Well, if it's that important to you, you could always go to the game and witness it in person.

 

And if that's not a viable option, you could always sing it by yourself in the comfort of your own living room. Or the living room of a friend. Or at your friendly neighborhood pub.

Honored Social Butterfly


@Cirice wrote:


Well, if it's that important to you, you could always go to the game and witness it in person.

 

 


That's ok, I've stood up for it a good many times over the past fifty odd years.  I've seen a good many who wished  they had legs to stand on but they were casualties of defending the right to do so..

0 Kudos
210 Views
1
Report
Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Cirice wrote:


Well, if it's that important to you, you could always go to the game and witness it in person.

 

 


That's ok, I've stood up for it a good many times over the past fifty odd years.  I've seen a good many who wished  they had legs to stand on but they were casualties of defending the right to do so..


So you just want to whinge for no reason then? OK.

Honored Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

Sitting during the National Anthem.jpg

 


These players and liberals might be getting their way with the few players exercising their 'constitutional rights' to sit or kneel during the playing of the National Anthem.  But now they have infringed on our rights to hear it being played on our TVs at home before games.  

 

Now the networks will not broadcast it with the games.  Again, liberals infringe on rights of others for the sake of getting their way... 


Would you point out where in the US Constitution is the right for you to hear the National Anthem on your TV before a sporting event? If it is that important to you why don't you get a recording of it and listen to it yourself.

Honored Social Butterfly


@Snoopy48 wrote:


Would you point out where in the US Constitution is the right for you to hear the National Anthem on your TV before a sporting event? If it is that important to you why don't you get a recording of it and listen to it yourself.


I do have the right of my opinion of whether to watch prima donnas make fools of themselves and in doing by spoiling my watching the National Anthem at the beginning of the game.  Perhaps they should play the Internationale which liberals sound like they would prefer? 

 

Apparently the networks didn't care for their antics either.

0 Kudos
247 Views
1
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:


Would you point out where in the US Constitution is the right for you to hear the National Anthem on your TV before a sporting event? If it is that important to you why don't you get a recording of it and listen to it yourself.


I do have the right of my opinion of whether to watch prima donnas make fools of themselves and in doing by spoiling my watching the National Anthem at the beginning of the game.  Perhaps they should play the Internationale which liberals sound like they would prefer? 

 

Apparently the networks didn't care for their antics either.


Nobody said that you don’t have a right to your opinion but you are claiming a right to watch the playing of the National Anthem on TV. If your day is spoiled because you don’t get to watch what you want, when you want and how you want you must live a very miserable life.

 

Here is a location where you can watch and listen to the National Anthem to your content:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M1wLtAXDgqg

Honored Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

Sitting during the National Anthem.jpg

 


These players and liberals might be getting their way with the few players exercising their 'constitutional rights' to sit or kneel during the playing of the National Anthem.  But now they have infringed on our rights to hear it being played on our TVs at home before games.  

 

Now the networks will not broadcast it with the games.  Again, liberals infringe on rights of others for the sake of getting their way... 


So .......... you have "a right" to hear the national anthem before games? Can you show that to be true by referencing the Constitution?

 

Doesn't all individual pro sports "have the right" to decide if they play the national anthem before each game? Do the networks have the right to decide if they broadcast the national anthem? So do you as a 'conservative' want to take away the rights of pro sports (or the networks) to decide for themselves whether or not they play the national anthem?

 

Saying that "liberals infringe on rights of others" seems narrow minded to me.


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly


@ChasKy53 wrote:

 

Saying that "liberals infringe on rights of others" seems narrow minded to me.


Of course it does to you.  Liberals have no problem respecting the rights of others as long as they get their narrow minded way of forcing their opinions on others.  Thanks for asking (sarcasm).

 

Part of the 'me' generation wanting their way disregarding others, thinking their rights override those of others.  It hasn't changed since decades ago when a kid told me that I have no rights but others do.

Honored Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

 

Saying that "liberals infringe on rights of others" seems narrow minded to me.


Of course it does to you.  Liberals have no problem respecting the rights of others as long as they get their narrow minded way of forcing their opinions on others.  Thanks for asking (sarcasm).

 

Part of the 'me' generation wanting their way disregarding others, thinking their rights override those of others.  It hasn't changed since decades ago when a kid told me that I have no rights but others do.


Would those be real rights as guaranteed by the Constitution or the made up ones conservatives keep authoring?

Honored Social Butterfly


@Richva wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

 

Saying that "liberals infringe on rights of others" seems narrow minded to me.


Of course it does to you.  Liberals have no problem respecting the rights of others as long as they get their narrow minded way of forcing their opinions on others.  Thanks for asking (sarcasm).

 

Part of the 'me' generation wanting their way disregarding others, thinking their rights override those of others.  It hasn't changed since decades ago when a kid told me that I have no rights but others do.


Would those be real rights as guaranteed by the Constitution or the made up ones conservatives keep authoring?


Just commenting on the misunderstood thinking of liberals who have the idea that their rights overrule those of others.  You stand up for the Internationale since you don't think much of our National Anthem?

 

0 Kudos
257 Views
9
Report
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png