From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Sign Petition Demanding Patriots Decline WH Invitation

Message 1 of 16

At least the Patriots will probably get an invite, because they're buds with little Donnie.

Notably, the Washington Capitals did not even get an invitation after winning the Stanley Cup.  I was surprised, since only 7 players are from the U.S.  The rest of the roster were born outside the U.S. including 3 from Russia and the Czech Republic.  Must have been that the team is based in D.C., a city not particularly known for its love of its current resident on Penn. Ave.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Sign Petition Demanding Patriots Decline WH Invitation

Message 2 of 16

Last year, Fox did what it always does to its viewers. Just like illegal immigration, they repeatedly showed players kneeling on the sidelines every day. Other networks talked about it briefly and then went to more important news. Therefore, just like Illegal immigration, Fox viewers were fired up over a handful of NFL players peacefully protesting. Most people couldn't care less, they were focused on the game. 

Even the last 2 years, most of the highest rated shows on TV were NFL games. One of the reasons ratings were up in 2018, there were a lot of high scoring games and there were fewer injuries to star players. Fans like action, and this season scoring was up dramatically. Last year, Aaron Rodgers and Odell Beckham were injured for most of the season. 

But for a Fox viewer, who lives in an alternate reality, they blame the peaceful protests. Were they a factor? I'm sure they were, but not as much as EasyEd claims

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 16

CT wrote-NFL ratings were down for 2-3 years in a row and were up about 5% this year. My guess is the swing was just part of the natural up and down process of TV ratings.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Your guess is wrong -Ratings were always on upswing until Kapernick  fiasco. Ratings were up this year because of less kneeling and less political opinions.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 16

EasyEd wrote, "Last year the NFL lost millions of viewers playing and advertising dollars because of the kneeling football players and political motives."

Not necessarily true about kneeling players. Except for Trump Cult members, most people couldn't care less about players protesting peacefully. It was something that took up only 60 seconds and then it was game time. I think his reasoning is probably false.

NFL ratings were down for 2-3 years in a row and were up about 5% this year. My guess is the swing was just part of the natural up and down process of TV ratings.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 16

Last year the NFL lost millions of viewers playing and advertising dollars because of the kneeling football players and political motives.I doubt Mr. Kraft is going to make that mistake again  especially since Brady ,Kraft and Trump have a personal friendship.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 16

@ManicProgressive wrote:

B34DE536-0716-4766-9E5E-6DAC2DE67B07.jpeg

Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 16

B34DE536-0716-4766-9E5E-6DAC2DE67B07.jpeg

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 16

patriots trump.jpg

New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft praised President Donald Trump on Friday amid the build-up to the Super Bowl in Atlanta, where his franchise will take on the Los Angeles Rams.

Kraft said Trump was "working very hard to serve the best interests of the country," during an appearance on the president's favorite morning show, Fox & Friends.

The holy trinity of the New England Patriots dynasty—Kraft, quarterback Tom Brady and coach Bill Belichick—have long had a cozy relationship with the former reality TV star.

Brady, meanwhile, has been displaying his support for Trump dating back to 2015, when the billionaire was running for president. The quarterback widely considered to be the greatest-of-all-time displayed a MAGA hat in his locker.

They'd apparently met through a Miss USA pageant and Brady defended him as his friend, while carefully avoiding taking any real political stand.

"He's a good friend of mine. He's always been so supportive of me" Brady said.

https://www.newsweek.com/new-england-patriots-donald-trump-tom-brady-1315322

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 16

===================================
Another thread that is so much to ado about nothing....its also against TOS to promote a political form...way to many threads like that that are taking up space. ... time to nip it in the bud in my opinion.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 16

Wow! How sad you don't realize the Pats lose this super bowl; hope you pull back your wagers as this is going to be UGLY!

Stay safe.

#VegasStrong

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors