Join Dr. Catherine Alicia Georges and Amy Goyer at 10:15 a.m. ET Wednesday for an AARP telephone town hall on family caregiving issues. Register here.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Should we call this technique a "Trump-Ism"?

Message 1 of 2

In psychology when a person has thoughts about his or her self with which he or she has trouble dealing, those feelings are PROJECTED onto another person.

Soo, Trump is a theif--"crooked". (Hillary) Trump is a liar (lyin Ted).

should these be called "projectionisms"?

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Should we call this technique a "Trump-Ism"?

Message 2 of 2

Trump has been responsible for several new phrases because of his campaign and administration techniques for demeaning others and deflecting responsibility for his own actions. 

We have "Look over there" where he attempts to redirect attention from his incompetence to some shiny object. 

We have "What about" where he attempts to justify his incompetence by bringing up  situations which are not similar to his latest fiasco but he presents them as such. (It always reminds me of when my kids were 8 and defending their actions by those of others.)

So what do we call his technique of libeling a person over and over ?   We all remember Crooked Hillary and Low Energy Jeb.  We need a name for this technique so we can identify it when it is used. 

We could just call it "a Trump" like a boycott or a hooker, both named after the people who made them famous. 

Thoughts? 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion: