From travel insurance to fraud protection, AARP has you covered. Take a closer look at your member benefits.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Should poor whites support BLM?

Message 31 of 63

@rker321 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

As to the basic thought - why be racist about it. How about starting a movement called, "Poor Lives Matter"?

Then they can go out and smash things every time a poor criminal (of any race) gets shot.

it will happen, then the govt will crush it and let the klan live

Neither thought is a logical thought to deal with this issue, they are both silly and unaceptable options.

my thesis is based on history repeating.

I really hate it or dislike when a serious thread is  turned into a joking matter. I would really appreciated from all posters to simply try to discuss this very serious issue in an imparcial manner. and really think and provide ideas on what to do, instead of offering snarky remarks that serve no purpose. 

I agree. This is one of the mot important issues we face as far as im concerned, and history proves racism ws manufactured by the ruling elite to kep all the poor folks down. I can prove history repeating..but no one seems serious enouh to  bother.

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 63

@rker321 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

As to the basic thought - why be racist about it. How about starting a movement called, "Poor Lives Matter"?

Then they can go out and smash things every time a poor criminal (of any race) gets shot.

Neither thought is a logical thought to deal with this issue, they are both silly and unaceptable options.

I really hate it or dislike when a serious thread is  turned into a joking matter. I would really appreciated from all posters to simply try to discuss this very serious issue in an imparcial manner. and really think and provide ideas on what to do, instead of offering snarky remarks that serve no purpose. 

Relax - the topic itself is silly. Why would white people want to join BLM? Why would black people welcome them? Talking poverty misses the entire point of the so called racism that BLM argues against.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 63

@rker321 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

While typing my tongue was firmly planted in my cheek.

Shmeykhl.....

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 63

@MIseker wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 63

@rker321 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 63

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 63

@rk9152 wrote:

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 63

We all belong to a homogenous society that doesn't want to be one. Differences about race/ethniticy have always existed. and yes, race is a factor it has always been. There are different races throughout the world and they are scientifically recognized.
We do have a problem in our society, and that is the lack of acceptance of other groups.
Yes, we live together and get along in our  equally economic neighborhoods but wait until there is an incident, and then things don't lool so rosy.

Each group wants to be recognized and accepted and they  revel in their differences.
I have said it that our government has done a very poor job in allowing immigrants to  really integrate in this society. they come, and the government is absolved of any responsibility. as to how an what happens next.
We complain that there are many that have been here 20+ years and can't speak the language, but, what have we done about that?
We now celebrate, "the Holydays, Christmans, Quanza and heavens knows what else. and now you have a segment that really only want to see Christmas and nothing else.
We have a deep division, in our citizens, and it would be ok to acknolege it .
I don't know at this time on the "cure" but yes something needs to be done.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 63

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 63

@NerdyMom wrote:

@nyadrn wrote:

@NerdyMom wrote:

@gruffstuff wrote:

Frankly I really don't understand as to why people complain as to the state of our present society/

What is an American supposed to look and act like?

What should the result of the melting pot be?

If the " melting pot " has a predetermined result is it really accurate to call it a melting pot?

I just watched a documentary on Native American boarding schools.  Where whites took Native American kids, placed them in boarding schools to learn to be white, basically, with the intent of destroying the tribal culture. To me, that's "melting pot."  And it does not and never has had good connotations to me. 

I prefer a stew.  Smiley Very Happy   Different flavors that complement one another.  

Just to be correct here,  white is a color. People of the white race are from many many different countries and cultures. They deserve to be recognized as such.  Lumping them all together is not really accurate either

Well, to be correct, there is no such thing as race.  Not scientifically, anyway. I'm speaking about culture.   The context here is America in the late 19th and early 20th century, when they were attempting to wipe out an indigenous culture.   White American people systematically attempted to wipe out tribal languages, religion, culture, and family ties.   

"Kill the Indian and save the man."  

Some Americans yes. Some of what is now White America hadn't even got here yet.  

Bad people exist in every color race and religion.  In this country and every other.  

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors