Prevention is the best medicine when it comes to avoiding surprise medical bills! Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Should poor whites support BLM?

Message 21 of 63

@MIseker wrote:

Guys (generic) - you are talking about two different things. You are talking about whites who want to help a black group attain it's goals. But the topic is about poor whites looking to improve their fiscal situation by joining with poor blacks. That would make sense of the uniting factor was poverty - but that is not BLM's "thing".

sorry, they are extremely intertwined. I dont expect everyone to see that.

I have not heard BLM be about anything other than an anti-police.

Poverty is a new thought. Can you show any connectivity?? Not your thinking but their rhetoric and actions.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 63

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

As to the basic thought - why be racist about it. How about starting a movement called, "Poor Lives Matter"?

Then they can go out and smash things every time a poor criminal (of any race) gets shot.

it will happen, then the govt will crush it and let the klan live

Neither thought is a logical thought to deal with this issue, they are both silly and unaceptable options.

my thesis is based on history repeating.

I really hate it or dislike when a serious thread is  turned into a joking matter. I would really appreciated from all posters to simply try to discuss this very serious issue in an imparcial manner. and really think and provide ideas on what to do, instead of offering snarky remarks that serve no purpose. 

Relax - the topic itself is silly. Why would white people want to join BLM? Why would black people welcome them? Talking poverty misses the entire point of the so called racism that BLM argues against.

There are whites who are members of the BLM already, they have had white members and supporters since they started .................. so your "why would black people welcome them" statement seems to have negative purpose, or is an opinion based on bigotry.  Why did the ML King movement welcome whites?

Exactly Chas. The media wont point out how many white people are joining, or supporting the BLM movement because they want to perpetuate the "Blacks Only" myth. The proliferation under Trump of fascist opposition groups ( not just antifa ) sees most of them supporting BLM behind the scenes, and in the streets too. Look at the pictures and video of their Direct Actions, peaceful or no, lots of white faces. these are the people that get "IT". A new term used by many groups is "woke". As in, that white guy is "woke"..he gets IT. like it or not, im woke, and so are you. lol. we woke up. and really, isnt that all BLM wants?

Nothing has worked to make the system woke, so like the 60's its back to the streets. And i will say it again, when it becomes a multi colored group that begins to see capitalism as an enemy to equality ( US capitalism IS )the govt will crush it a la Nixon and Hoover. Trump and Sessions and co are already in place.

Guys (generic) - you are talking about two different things. You are talking about whites who want to help a black group attain it's goals. But the topic is about poor whites looking to improve their fiscal situation by joining with poor blacks. That would make sense of the uniting factor was poverty - but that is not BLM's "thing".

sorry, they are extremely intertwined. I dont expect everyone to see that.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 63

@MIseker wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

As to the basic thought - why be racist about it. How about starting a movement called, "Poor Lives Matter"?

Then they can go out and smash things every time a poor criminal (of any race) gets shot.

Neither thought is a logical thought to deal with this issue, they are both silly and unaceptable options.

I really hate it or dislike when a serious thread is  turned into a joking matter. I would really appreciated from all posters to simply try to discuss this very serious issue in an imparcial manner. and really think and provide ideas on what to do, instead of offering snarky remarks that serve no purpose. 

Relax - the topic itself is silly. Why would white people want to join BLM? Why would black people welcome them? Talking poverty misses the entire point of the so called racism that BLM argues against.

There are whites who are members of the BLM already, they have had white members and supporters since they started .................. so your "why would black people welcome them" statement seems to have negative purpose, or is an opinion based on bigotry.  Why did the ML King movement welcome whites?

Exactly Chas. The media wont point out how many white people are joining, or supporting the BLM movement because they want to perpetuate the "Blacks Only" myth. The proliferation under Trump of fascist opposition groups ( not just antifa ) sees most of them supporting BLM behind the scenes, and in the streets too. Look at the pictures and video of their Direct Actions, peaceful or no, lots of white faces. these are the people that get "IT". A new term used by many groups is "woke". As in, that white guy is "woke"..he gets IT. like it or not, im woke, and so are you. lol. we woke up. and really, isnt that all BLM wants?

Nothing has worked to make the system woke, so like the 60's its back to the streets. And i will say it again, when it becomes a multi colored group that begins to see capitalism as an enemy to equality ( US capitalism IS )the govt will crush it a la Nixon and Hoover. Trump and Sessions and co are already in place.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 63

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 63

@rker321 wrote:

RK  Rokamore was the mythical  city in Xanandu.  And black is a race and poor is what they most are.

Really???  and  Really??

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 63

RK  Rokamore was the mythical  city in Xanandu.  And black is a race and poor is what they most are.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 63

@rker321 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I have no doubt that this topic is quite silly for you, as a white man that have never been on the side of the few. anything that is accounted by the few, tends to be in your eyes exagerated>

Yes, you posted something that is bound not to happen but, that was not what I was seeing, I saw a displacement or lack of importance that you seem to think is in all of these groups.
Its condecending. If you are black in this country, let's face it. you are born with a couple of strikes against you. And if you continue to negate that fact, well, no wonder we are were we are today.
The division that exists today in this country is pathetic. inconceivable in a country that clams to be the leader of the free world and a Democractic nation.
Stop and smell the roses, is not all well in rokamora.

Now that you have discussed in depth your knowledge of me and and my background, how about we get back to the topic. "Black" is a race; "poor" is a fiscal situation.

Where or what is "rokamora?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 63

@rk9152 wrote:

I have no doubt that this topic is quite silly for you, as a white man that have never been on the side of the few. anything that is accounted by the few, tends to be in your eyes exagerated>

Yes, you posted something that is bound not to happen but, that was not what I was seeing, I saw a displacement or lack of importance that you seem to think is in all of these groups.
Its condecending. If you are black in this country, let's face it. you are born with a couple of strikes against you. And if you continue to negate that fact, well, no wonder we are were we are today.
The division that exists today in this country is pathetic. inconceivable in a country that clams to be the leader of the free world and a Democractic nation.
Stop and smell the roses, is not all well in rokamora.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 63

Perhaps everyone should stop and watch Eminem's 8 Mile..  see if it relates to this topic.  Plus it is a terrific movie!  

ps pay special attention to the end of the movie where Jimmy (Eminem) goes up against Papa Doc..  and how he defeats him.

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 63

@rk9152 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors