From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Should poor whites support BLM?

Message 1 of 63

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Mlseker posted..

i failed to see where the BLA came into the thread. and your 2 statements to not connect to each other.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
The connection...

Black Lives Matter is a chapter-based national organization working for the validity of Black life. We are working to (re)build the Black liberation movement.

still no connection to the BLA of the 60's. I think you are reaching just to make BLM look bad.

Do you not see a connect in the words, "We are working to (re)build the Black liberation movement"?

Why yes the connect to cuckservative white racist bigotry, prejudice, and discrimination is inescapably obvious.

Has every appearance of being a very poorly disguised modern day attempt to ressurect multiple portions of Jim Crow.

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 63

@nyadrn wrote:

Perhaps everyone should stop and watch Eminem's 8 Mile..  see if it relates to this topic.  Plus it is a terrific movie!  

ps pay special attention to the end of the movie where Jimmy (Eminem) goes up against Papa Doc..  and how he defeats him.

Great post, nyadrn....loved the clip.  Prompted me to watch 8 mile again....worthy of the Oscar it won.  

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 63

@NerdyMom wrote:

I prefer a stew.  Smiley Very Happy   Different flavors that complement one another.  

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 63

@nyadrn wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

Frankly I really don't understand as to why people complain as to the state of our present society/

It is of our own making. whe have for years now have put so much empahsis on the differences. that people only think in whatever groups they think they belong.
The goal of this country was to become a melting pot for all. and that has proven to be a failure.

Ther blacks arre now less"American" than ever and the excuse is, that they have to celebrate their culture, above the culture of their country.And so all the other minorities, Now those minorities feel that thay belong inside a box with the name of their race/ethinicity and that they have to celebrate those differences.
above of the ones that celebrate their own country.
We are now more diveded than we have ever  been. Frankly I don't see a solition to this problem,  I have to believe that the poloticians have taken advantage of all of this so simply lock the votes of the minorities that they court.

Actually at the person to person level, in neighborhoods, at work etc people seem to get along together pretty well.  Yes they do, Diane.  Thanks for pointing this fact out....one certainly doesn't "get it"

From Life Science this past July.......

American Culture: Traditions and Customs of the United States

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 63

@rker321 wrote:

@gruffstuff wrote:

Frankly I really don't understand as to why people complain as to the state of our present society/

What is an American supposed to look and act like? Like any other American  Which is what?  

What should the result of the melting pot be?The result is to make us all equal in all respects.  WRONG!!!  People aren't all equal, but they DO have equal rights here in this country.  Do you treat all people equally?  Of course not!  Though, you may treat their rights equally.  You don't even treat all posters here equally.....The cultural differences years ago in the inmigrants did not make immigrants different, they were all Americans.  That's right, just like today.  Do Cubans in Florida have cultural differences?  Why yes they do.  Are they all Americans?

If the " melting pot " has a predetermined result is it really accurate to call it a melting pot? You  just have made mu point.  The understanding of what "melting pot means has been lost.  IMO, you expectation is what is "lost".  For the most part, we all get along quite fine...

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 63

@rker321 wrote:

The goal of this country was to become a melting pot for all. and that has proven to be a failure.  

A failure?  Hardly.  We have Cubans here, most live in peace.  We have North Koreans living here, most live in peace.  We have Vietnamese, Chinese, Japanese and Russians living here, most live in peace.  We have African's, Mexican's, Afghani's all living here, most live in peace.  We even have Canadians here and as long as they don't make fun of how we play hockey, they too live in peace.  Calling it a failure is truly bizarre.

Ther blacks arre now less"American" than ever Really?  Please explain.   and the excuse is, that they have to celebrate their culture, above the culture of their country.  Celebrating their culture makes them less "American"?  I'm LOL. So if someone ignore American football and watches soccer all day and roots for El Salvador, does that make them "less American"?  And so all the other minorities, Now those minorities feel that thay belong inside a box with the name of their race/ethinicity and that they have to celebrate those differences.   Bizarre.....they HAVE to?  Or have the freedom to CHOOSE to?  I don't drink much, don't smoke and love baseball (the American pastime) and politics....my neighbor drinks everyday, smokes two packs a day, hates baseball and politics.....we celebrate our differences and tease each other about it (she's 86).....neither of us are less American......she's a Swede, I'm Irish/Italian.....we've melted together as one culture, that enjoys many different things....

above of the ones that celebrate their own country.
We are now more diveded than we have ever  been. Politically, not racially or culturally......

Frankly I don't see a solition to this problem,  of course not because you see a problem which you perceive is huge, but isn't.  I have to believe that the poloticians have taken advantage of all of this so simply lock the votes of the minorities that they court.

Please use spell check.  There are 7 misspelled words in your post and it only takes a few seconds to make the corrections.  It's an easy way to show you respect the TOS and others reading your words of wisdom.  Thank you.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 63

@MIseker wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Mlseker posted..

i failed to see where the BLA came into the thread. and your 2 statements to not connect to each other.

The connection...

Black Lives Matter is a chapter-based national organization working for the validity of Black life. We are working to (re)build the Black liberation movement.

still no connection to the BLA of the 60's. I think you are reaching just to make BLM look bad.

Do you not see a connect in the words, "We are working to (re)build the Black liberation movement"?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 63
Mlesker posted..

=================================================

" I think you are reaching just to make BLM look bad."

BLM actions have made BLM not only look bad but their actions continue to prove how bad some of their members are.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 63

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Mlseker posted..

The connection...

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 63

These discussions go round and round and round.  Do you think anyone ever changes another person's mind?

I wonder.  

Maybe the only mind you can change is your own

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors