Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Should We Teach Religion in Schools?

Message 21 of 39

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

All Organized Religion in the USA Should Be Illegal

It's a Breeding Ground for Finatics & Perverts

Never Mind All the Pedophiles - what about the Sexual Perverts like Falwell Jr -

Has he told his Followers how sorry his is yet for taking all those photos of all the Kinky Sex and how with Gods Blessing he will be a Better Man

Who listens to this kind of Baloney - The GOD Story - every year The God Story Vacumns Millions of Dollars from Naive Fools

No We Shouldn't Start Lying to Children about Fairy Tales in School

Churches Should Be Forced To Use Some of Their Non Profit - Non Taxed - Non Regulated - Tax Free Income to Teach Children About the God Story if thats one more thing their Parents want to Schlep onto someone else

Leave my Tax Dollars Alone for Teaching Voodoo and Advertising Tickets to Heaven but only for those able & willing to Play By Our Rules & Pay Our Exorbitant Fees - what percentage is Tithing up to now what with all the Low Unemployemnt and Record Wage Increases

Falwell and the Pope and the Mullahs Rabis and Imams must be Raking in a Fortune

I'll take that as a "no"!

If a person believes in God or Mohammed or Budha or Satan Etc - why would they need to pay someone else for the privilege of having a relationship with them?

My Mother died from my childbirth - I visit her grave - look over photos - talk to her siblings - etc

I feel like I have a Meaningful Spiritual Relationship with my Mother - I've never once felt like I needed to pay anyone for a consultation to achieve it

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 39

@MaVolta wrote:

I believe that there is a big difference in teaching about religions (in general) as a part of social studies and history, and the teaching of a particular religion, or bible study. I see no problem with teaching the former as long as it is general information given in the context of studying world cultures and world history. But the latter should be reserved for private schools with a particular religious affiliation. It seems to me that teaching bible study (or any religion) in a public school would definitely violate separation of church and state and should never be allowed.

I would think that getting deeper into the subject matter of world religions would be better left to the realm of academia, and the students who elect to study those subjects at college or university. 

I don't see how you can teach about religion "in general".  This is not to be insulting but are you going to tell the kids that some people believe there is an old white man who lives in the clouds who grants wishes if you are worthy or pathetic enough?  That is the general story.  Until you get into the Bible with or without Christ and then the East and American Indian religions or Scientology you don't have much to talk about and by then you have crossed the line. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 39

In the public school system NO. the only thing that we need is an Evangelist teaching kids their beliefs.

There are many religious schools in the US and one can send the kids to the religion of their choice, at least they will learn the religion by people that know what they are talking about.

Besides, I firmly believe in the separation of Church and State.

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 39

I believe that there is a big difference in teaching about religions (in general) as a part of social studies and history, and the teaching of a particular religion, or bible study. I see no problem with teaching the former as long as it is general information given in the context of studying world cultures and world history. But the latter should be reserved for private schools with a particular religious affiliation. It seems to me that teaching bible study (or any religion) in a public school would definitely violate separation of church and state and should never be allowed.

I would think that getting deeper into the subject matter of world religions would be better left to the realm of academia, and the students who elect to study those subjects at college or university. 

"Music can change the world because it can change people." - Bono
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 39

Religeon shoud NOT be taught in PUBLIC schools.

That's why Republcians work so hard to destroy public education - underpaying and vilifying teachers, voting down bond issues to replace the once magnificant structures our Grandparents erected to see to a couple generations of well-read Americans.  GOPers hate educated people - they're so seldom Republican - so they suck money out of the Public Schools and hand it to for profits that have NO qualifications for their teachers and have NEVER proven to improve student performance over the long run BECAUSE those schools CAN teach religeon - mostly cryptoChristianity where Jesus is played by Superman and The End Times Are a'Comin'.

Want your kids to learn about religeon? TAKE THEM TO CHURCH!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 39

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

Excellent evaluation of who you are... thanks for affirmation.

Looks skeptical to me, like many others.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Esteemed Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 39

@mickstuder wrote:

Never Mind All the Pedophiles - what about the Sexual Perverts like Falwell Jr -

Has he told his Followers how sorry his is yet for taking all those photos of all the Kinky Sex and how with Gods Blessing he will be a Better Man

Who listens to this kind of Baloney - The GOD Story - every year The God Story Vacumns Millions of Dollars from Naive Fools

Churches Should Be Forced To Use Some of Their Non Profit - Non Taxed - Non Regulated - Tax Free Income to Teach Children About the God Story if thats one more thing their Parents want to Schlep onto someone else

Leave my Tax Dollars Alone for Teaching Voodoo and Advertising Tickets to Heaven but only for those able & willing to Play By Our Rules & Pay Our Exorbitant Fees - what percentage is Tithing up to now what with all the Low Unemployemnt and Record Wage Increases

Falwell and the Pope and the Mullahs Rabis and Imams must be Raking in a Fortune

Excellent evaluation of who you are... thanks for affirmation.

Bless your heart

Libs search for the light of day in the dead of night
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 39

@mickstuder wrote:

I'll take that as a "no"!

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 39

But it's also pretty darn curious that Falwell Jr. recently admitted in court that he paid $1.8 million to a pool attendant at Miami Beach's Fontainebleau resort who had befriended the Falwell family. It was part of an exceedingly odd business deal in which the group tried to buy the Miami Hostel at 810 Alton Rd. in South Beach. The building is attached to the popular Italian restaurant Macchialina and also houses the 120-bed hostel, where a bed costs just $20 per night.

The case raises more questions than answers: Falwell Jr. and his wife appear to have simply "befriended" a then-21-year-old pool attendant while the husband and wife were staying at the ritzy Fontainebleau. They then welcomed the pool attendant into their lives, began flying him around on a private jet, and even put up millions of dollars to help his business ventures. Falwell and his wife have appeared in Facebook photos eating at Macchialina with the pool attendant — a Florida International University graduate named Giancarlo Granda, who now lives in Washington, D.C., and attends Georgetown University.

Source - the God Story

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 39

I don’t know how they teach religion now. But re-enactments definitely sound like a bad idea. I especially wish they’d carry that wisdom over to teaching about slavery, where so many stupid teachers have thought it just brilliant to teach it by having all the black kids pretend to be slaves and the white kids their masters.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors