With an AARP membership, there’s always more to discover! Check out your member benefits.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Should Apple Assist the FBI or Not?

Message 241 of 246

No!

Everybody agrees the FBI should have access to the phone but what if the process leads to far greater security issues around the world? Than it isn't worth it.

This would set a very dangerous precedent and could impact the lives of hundreds of millions around the globe. We always say we should never allow terrorists to change our way of life. If that happens, it means we lost. Protecting our privacy is critical to our way of life.

In this case, the possibility of finding contacts which leads us to new terrorists is appealing to those who focus solely on this one case. We live in a very dangerous cyber world and we (all of us) need the protection encryption provides. If the U.S. government is successful in forcing to Apple to bypass the phone's security (unlocking the encryption), that means Russia, China, and other countries around the world will demand the same of Apple.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Should Apple Assist the FBI or Not?

Message 242 of 246

I'm all in favor of Apple offering to unlock the phone and give the FBI access - under Apple's unilaterally revocable supervision - to the information on the phone - but not ever allowing the FBI to learn of the particulars of the encryption or means of breaking it.

He is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages... Mark Twain 1894
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 243 of 246

For all the fantastic ways the government has found to mutilate the human body with their weapons of war, I really am surprised they don't already know how to retrieve the information on that phone. Priorities, eh.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 244 of 246

Apple is playing to its customers who the GOP has rendered paranoid.

1.An algorythm to unlock the phone need never exist on a computer attached to ANYTHING (except a printer) and that's pretty much how all the "good stuff" in the 5-sided squirrel-cage remains unhacked. So the concern about the "Genie getting out of the bottle" is baseless.

2. Our enemies have no such compunctions about privacy and are doubtless working their own "solutions" to tapping electronic phones. If a solution is possible, either we find it and use it against terrorists or terrorists find it and use it against us. Its like pretending we could've prevented nuclear weapons by shutting down the Manhatten Project.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 245 of 246

I don't use Apple products, but I believe they should assist.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Should Apple Assist the FBI or Not?

Message 246 of 246

Apple Prefers Sales to ISIS & Terrorism to US & World Security

Apple is taking a stand - prefering sales to terrorists - conspirators and every other thug & hoodlum who now know they can use Apple Phones as a private secret communications platform to conspire to rob banks commit murder blow up people & things w/o any fear of being caught or even prosecuted after they are caught -

Buy Apple Products along with Remington AR-15's and you can distribute your hatred and killing with impunity

I've always been against the Apple Brand  since the very beginning when they attempted to Monopolize the Computer Industry.................................

I've never purchased one Apple product ever and never will

My negativity towards them has only been reinforced over this latest refusal by Apple to assist the US Government in opening the San Bernadino Terrorists Phone......................

No one is asking them to devulge secrets or gain access to software coding - simply open the phones contents and give them to the FBI and they are refusing

Too Big To Fail Financial Institutions and now we have a Corporation who is allwowed to fascilitate International Terrorism and they want the Terrorists to know so Apple will buy their produsts

Americans should Boycott Apple for a lot of reasons but this latest one is the kicker

The Rights of Terrorists are more important then the secuirty of Innocents

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Replies