Regular Social Butterfly

Shocker! The Experts Were Wrong

Personally i'm not surprised by this article.  There isn't a person on the face of this earth that has the answer to EVERYTHING!   Regarding the virus... i read or listen to what people have to say and then do whatever state and city law may require, what i think is best for me and the people i love and the people i may encounter.

June 4, 2020, 12:17 AM

The COVID-19 lockdowns are so yesterday now that U.S. cities have been overrun by rioters and looters, few of whom seem to be following social-distancing precautions (stay six feet away before you lob that Molotov cocktail). Before the news cycle rushes into yet another crazy direction — maybe the spread of “murder hornets” or the rise of Antifa sleeper cells in rural America — it’s worth debriefing ourselves about how the latest crisis-driven policies played out.

Remember those lockdowns — when state governments imposed house arrests on their residents, obliterated our civil liberties, and forcibly shut down private businesses to stop a virus that might claim (as one British expert said) 2.2 million American lives? Well, the latest report from National Public Radio (NPR), which is not exactly a right-wing news organization, calmly noted last week that “the coronavirus is more common and less deadly than it first appeared.”

We’re supposed to trust the science, even though the science keeps changing — and is promulgated by bureaucrats who seem more interested in politics. As I wrote for the Orange County Register, “ ‘Science’ isn’t a black-and-white, Ten Commandments sort of thing. It is a method for evaluating the best-known data.… Scientific forecasts are speculative and often wrong. Lawmakers have the responsibility to weigh non-scientific concerns, including those involving our liberties, and not just blindly follow what select scientists say.”

The CDC warned about the dangers of e-cigarettes, and, as Dr. Michael Siegel of the Boston University School of Public Health recently explained, “state health departments spread the word that using an e-cigarette to quit smoking could be life-threatening — so much so that seven states issued emergency bans on the sale of most or all electronic cigarettes.”

California localities, of course, cracked down on these products and often cited the disease, which the feds dubbed EVALI (E-cigarette or Vaping-Associated Lung Illness), as justification. The disease was serious — but it had nothing to do with commercial, nicotine-based vaping products. The CDC eventually acknowledged as much.

The CDC confirmed that EVALI is caused by Vitamin E Acetate Oil, which is mainly found in illegal THC vaping cartridges purchased on the black market,” reported Fox News San Antonio. This is an enormous government-created mistake, given that the policies that lawmakers embraced only exacerbated the spread of this disease.

The nation’s top scientific officials so badly botched the diagnosis of a serious but limited health matter that they recommended policies that are the opposite of the ones that they should have offered. What are the chances they got the science (let alone the public policy) right on something as substantive as coronavirus? Not very high, obviously. Why should we believe them about anything?

The FULL story here:

https://spectator.org/shocker-experts-wrong-coronavirus-lockdown-vaping/

TRUMP-PENCE 2020!!! To Save This Country From The Insanity of The Dems!
Silver Conversationalist

"But having said that, one should not assume that we are going to be rescued by a change in the weather," Fauci said on ABC's "Good Morning America." "You must assume that the virus will continue to do its thing. If we get some help from the weather, so be it, fine. But I don’t think we need to assume that.”

--------------------------------------------------------

The experts were not wrong. Trump has yet to utter a true statement about the virus.

Nobody knew health care could be so complicated.
Donald Trump
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Just checking in. Has anybody found a single fact in the subject article? Anybody? Anybody?  Still just a page of opinion piece, eh?

Regular Social Butterfly

Richva wrote:

Just checking in. Has anybody found a single fact in the subject article? Anybody? Anybody?  Still just a page of opinion piece, eh?

LOL   Seriously?  Yep you just have to be open to the facts, and too many on here aren't.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal wrote:
Richva wrote:

LOL   Seriously?  Yep you just have to be open to the facts, and too many on here aren't.

Sooooo You could not find any either then?  OK. Just checking

Honored Social Butterfly

I love reading these things. I keep asking "Will they ever quote a fact?",  "Will they ever quote a source?", "Will they actually show WHERE the experts were wrong?"

It's like playing where's Waldo on a photograph of the Trump inauguration.  Just ain't there but lots of fun to look. 

Regular Social Butterfly

The kaleidoscope of changing messages has created more fear, confusion and distrust.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/31/experts-coronavirus-cdc-158313

The CDC said Americans don’t need masks — but now they might. The agency said the virus spread through “droplets” from coughs and sneezes — but then warned about catching it from people with no symptoms, or even from surfaces, like subway turnstiles or metal shopping carts.

It said young people are at low risk — but the hospital beds and morgues of New York called that into question.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal wrote:

The kaleidoscope of changing messages has created more fear, confusion and distrust.

The CDC said Americans don’t need masks — but now they might. The agency said the virus spread through “droplets” from coughs and sneezes — but then warned about catching it from people with no symptoms, or even from surfaces, like subway turnstiles or metal shopping carts.

It said young people are at low risk — but the hospital beds and morgues of New York called that into question.

That article is from March 31!  We've come a long way since then.

Bottom line: I will follow the advice of the CDC and experts and will NEVER follow the advice of the stupid moron in office.  As knowledge and scientific information emerges and evolves, that stupid moron has proven to be increasingly wrong and downright dangerous.  It is he who is creating confusion and distrust by contradicting and denying what the experts from his own administration are trying to tell us by not allowing them to hold public briefings or only permitting them to issue the Cliff Notes version of guidelines.

Regular Social Butterfly

sunluvngal wrote:

MsStretch wrote:  That article is from March 31!  We've come a long way since then.

Bottom line: I will follow the advice of the CDC and experts and will NEVER follow the advice of the stupid moron in office.  As knowledge and scientific information emerges and evolves, that stupid moron has proven to be increasingly wrong and downright dangerous.  It is he who is creating confusion and distrust by contradicting and denying what the experts from his own administration are trying to tell us by not allowing them to hold public briefings or only permitting them to issue the Cliff Notes version of guidelines.

@MsStretch   President Trump has listened to the cdc experts and look where it's gotten us. We have experts from all over the world disagreeing on what we should do. 

Yes of course i would expect that you, and everybody else, would make the choice they feel is best for them.  I know i do...

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Lets look at AZ right now. It is in one of the worst shape of any State in the US. The mayor of Phoenix today is pleading with the Trump reb Gov. to do something or allow local officials to do something to stop the spread of the virus. Other mayors of cities in AZ have done the same thing. Hospital space is being over welcomed. In Flagstaff it already is. It will be shortly in most other cities.

So far the Gov. has done nothing to help. When this first started AZ was doing a good job using a model they developed. Trump paid them a visit and told the Gov. not to use it, and use a Trump model instead. The lackey Gov. did, and look at the mess they are in today. The Gov. was backed by the far right Reb. in AZ as they said the experts were wrong just as is being said to start the thread by some one who lives in AZ.

Look at what is taking place in AZ and you find the experts were correct.

Here is what others are doing now to protect themselves from The Gov. of AZ and his right wing Reb. backers.

1. Navajo Nation is under lock downs every weekend to keep people out of the rest of AZ. People can be fined up to $1,000. All business in N Nation closed also, even gas stations.

2. AZ appears on the do not come here list for most States. Example Pa., NJ, CT, NM. If they come they must stay quarantined for 14 days before going out. Residents of most States who visit AZ and return to their State must do the same.

3. Events are being cancelled in AZ which normally draw visitors. Flagstaff just cancelled an art show is an example.

4. I live in an adjoining State. The State put out notice to AZ residents do not come here. If they try and use a State Park here they have to prove they have spent 14 days in my State in quarantined. If not they can not enter the park. If they stay at a Hotel here they must remain in quarantine for 14 more days before being allowed out. (HI did this to visitors a few months ago.) The Hotel must notify the State. The State has suggested to service Stations near the AZ border do not sell them gas or anything.

This subject is really nothing but an attempt at a diversion from what is really going on. The Trump lackey Gov. and his supporters are on the way to destroying the State by the path they are on. Lets hope the majority of the people in AZ like the Mayor of Phoenix win their battle and return the State to where it was. One of the best States in the USA.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views

Now that's funny coming from people who are as ridgedly closed minded as the Trump Cult Party is.
Silver Conversationalist

The experts were not wrong. If we had followed their advice we would have flattened the curve as other countries have. Instead we have had an increase in cases across the country. The experts told us to wear masks and follow social distancing guidelines. 

Trump is holding rallies with no masks or social distancing. Decide for yourself who's wrong.

Nobody knew health care could be so complicated.
Donald Trump
Honored Social Butterfly

Donald Trump, the leader of An All White Republican Party, demonstrated a total lack of leadership by saying:

• Everything will return to normal by EASTER SUNDAY 
  • The virus is under "TOTAL CONTROL" 
  • Drink Bleach to prevent getting Covid-19
  • If you get the virus, take hydroxychloroquine.

At is rallies, instead of talking about the virus, Trump spends most of his time attacking a tiny percentage of protesters, pretending they're a bigger problem than Covid-19.

Honored Social Butterfly

Remember, Trump Cult members have one purpose in life. And that is to protect and defend their Supreme Leader no matter what he does or says. 

Feb. 28th:  Donald Trump said, "“So far we have lost nobody to coronavirus," Trump said, suggesting the growing global panic was due to the press being in a "hysteria mode".

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-calls-coronavirus-democrats-new-hoax-n1145721

Honored Social Butterfly

Experts said: STAY HOME AND IF YOU GO OUT, WEAR MASKS AND USE  SOCIAL DISTANCING.

ToadPOTUS said: It's a hoax designed to make ME look bad. Go out and hug each other.

GOPerGovs listened to their Toad, opened up their businesses with no masks required AND...

+50,000 NEW INFECTIONS DAILY! Most in Red States, but ALL attributable to NOT wearing masks, so now an additional 2,500 mostly elderly Americans are going to DIE.

So how does reality show a Regressive the experts were wrong?

Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal   This one proves that the trump followers are actually mentally challenged

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=603722840580149&external_log_id=ccc3cbd0-35f5-49ec-9b42-ad1ba5600d...

haha.jpg

no name
0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

Olderscout66 wrote:

ToadPOTUS said: It's a hoax designed to make ME look bad. Go out and hug each other.

lol  President Trump NEVER said the virus was a hoax, NEVER.  You all are the best at word twisting and making things up to suit your hate. 

If i remember correctly,  Fauci said that the virus would decrease during the hotter months, because the virus doesn't like the heat.  LOL  Here in Arizona the increase in cases defies that "scientific knowledge".  Like i said, nobody knows EVERYTHING...

@sunluvngal wrote:

If i remember correctly,  Fauci said that the virus would decrease during the hotter months, because the virus doesn't like the heat.  LOL  Here in Arizona the increase in cases defies that "scientific knowledge".  Like i said, nobody knows EVERYTHING...

Unfortunately, I don't think you remember correctly. Fauci did NOT say the coronavirus would disappear during the hotter months. Do not confuse him with the imbecile in the WH who is determined to write his own narrative.

Let me refresh your memory with a choice of back-up links:

I realize these proofs of evidence date back 3 months ago and some people may not remember correctly that it was the idiot in the WH with zero scientific/medical experience who promoted this very "[un]scientific knowledge", and NOT Dr. Fauci.

Regular Social Butterfly

sunluvngal wrote:

MsStretch wrote:  Unfortunately, I don't think you remember correctly. Fauci did NOT say the coronavirus would disappear during the hotter months. Do not confuse him with the imbecile in the WH who is determined to write his own narrative.

I realize these proofs of evidence date back 3 months ago and some people may not remember correctly that it was the idiot in the WH with zero scientific/medical experience who promoted this very "[un]scientific knowledge", and NOT Dr. Fauci.

@MsStretch   I stand corrected on the specifics.

The following is from one of your links: 

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and member of the White House Coronavirus Task Force, said in an interview Thursday that there is a precedent with other infections like influenza. The expectation is, “when the virus gets warmer that the virus goes down in its ability to replicate, to spread.”

In other infections and "common, more benign coronaviruses," Fauci said that a virus "doesn't like warm, moist weather as much as it likes cold, dry weather."

His comments came days after a panel convened by the National Academies of Sciences told the White House that there are still uncertainties if COVID-19 can spread as easily in warm weather as it does in cold weather.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal wrote:

sunluvngal wrote:

MsStretch wrote:  Unfortunately, I don't think you remember correctly. Fauci did NOT say the coronavirus would disappear during the hotter months. Do not confuse him with the imbecile in the WH who is determined to write his own narrative.

@MsStretch   I stand corrected on the specifics.

The following is from one of your links: 

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and member of the White House Coronavirus Task Force, said in an interview Thursday that there is a precedent with other infections like influenza. The expectation is, “when the virus gets warmer that the virus goes down in its ability to replicate, to spread.”

In other infections and "common, more benign coronaviruses," Fauci said that a virus "doesn't like warm, moist weather as much as it likes cold, dry weather."

His comments came days after a panel convened by the National Academies of Sciences told the White House that there are still uncertainties if COVID-19 can spread as easily in warm weather as it does in cold weather.

Dr Fauci never said anything like the virus would decrease, and your support articles tell us that. The one that comes the closet he says Maybe but but do not count on it. The good Dr. was covering for the nonsense Trump was saying, and trying nicely tell all do not listen to Trump like your Gov. did, and look what AZ got.

Liberals want to help people while Trump and his lackies want to hurt people.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal wrote:
Olderscout66 wrote:

ToadPOTUS said: It's a hoax designed to make ME look bad. Go out and hug each other.

lol  President Trump NEVER said the virus was a hoax, NEVER. 

Good point ..... Specifically, Trump said the virus was "another Democratic hoax"

You all are the best at word twisting and making things up to suit your hate.

Denial of what Trump said is"twisting and making things up"!

If i remember correctly,  Fauci said that the virus would decrease during the hotter months, because the virus doesn't like the heat. 

Actually, that's what Trump said. That's why he said it would be gone by April.

LOL  Here in Arizona the increase in cases defies that "scientific knowledge". 

The increased in Arizona is a result of ignoring "scientific knowledge"!

Like i said, nobody knows EVERYTHING...

Well, Trump certainly thinks "he knows EVERYTHING" ...... in his dysfunctional world.

But in the REAL world, he obviously knows NOTHING!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

“the corona virus is more common and less deadly than it first appeared.”

Don't you love radical right wing Trump propaganda articles which some people upload every day? The virus is not as deadly as we originally thought? If it wasn't such a serious issue, I would be LOL. We're up to approximately 130,000 U.S. deaths in a little over 4 months.

Never confuse Trump Cult members by using facts

Regular Social Butterfly

CriticalThinking wrote:

Don't you love radical right wing Trump propaganda articles which some people upload every day? The virus is not as deadly as we originally thought? If it wasn't such a serious issue, I would be LOL. We're up to approximately 130,000 U.S. deaths in a little over 4 months.

lol haha lmao.gif

sunluvngal wrote:  Dontcha just love the unreasonable stuff that the TRUMP HATERS spew on a daily basis...

Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal wrote:
CriticalThinking wrote:

lol haha lmao.gif

sunluvngal wrote:  Dontcha just love the unreasonable stuff that the TRUMP HATERS spew on a daily basis...

Actually, ALL informed people "love" the facts presented by the reasonable people who have not been conned by Trump!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

They did?????
The nation’s top scientific officials so badly botched the diagnosis of a serious but limited health matter that they recommended policies that are the opposite of the ones that they should have offered.

They got it right, and in fact Trump was warned months ahead of the major outbreak, but ignored the warnings. Ooops!!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

Now that's funny. Does Fox Propaganda offer other views? I think NOT. OOOPS!!! I still trust science and the facts thank you!
Honored Social Butterfly

I still trust science and the facts thank you!

You won't find it on CNN/MSNBC!

Honored Social Butterfly

sure as hell won't find it on the Fox Propaganda Network!!!!! Or Breitbart or any Qanon member!
Honored Social Butterfly

Don’t suppose you’ve taken a look at the current number of infections and deaths? Oops, that might expose trump’s inaction and incompetence...which also led to the economy cratering!

@williamb39198 wrote:

Don’t suppose you’ve taken a look at the current number of infections and deaths? Oops, that might expose trump’s inaction and incompetence...which also led to the economy cratering!

Agreed, since the article is from a month ago.  Byline reads (in part): "The latest information suggests the COVID-19 shutdowns were based on faulty science, ...".  Let's go ask AZ or FL or TX how it's working out for them, since most of them chose to disregard this "faulty science".

From the article:

"Remember those lockdowns — when state governments imposed house arrests on their residents, obliterated our civil liberties, and forcibly shut down private businesses to stop a virus that might claim (as one British expert said) 2.2 million American lives?"

Oh, I don't know.  Maybe because of those "house arrests", blah, blah, is the reason "2.2 million American lives (as one British expert said)" weren't claimed.  Of course, that "one British expert" is who we all rely on.  

But, all that aside, nice to know I can go use a "commercially sold vaping product" out in public and just blow clouds of annoying 'fog' into everyone's face because it is not dangerous and it is my 'constitutional right' and 'civil liberty' to do so.   Just as it is for peeps to disregard covering their face and spew spittle in my face.

This is a dangerous diatribe, advocating to not trust the CDC or state officials because scientific knowledge continues to change and evolve about COVID-19.  Ya think?  I mean being a brand new virus and all, never dealt with before.  So this guy says we should just carry on normally until more is known about it.  

Ludicrous.

Puh-leeze. 🙄

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png