Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Sessions to offer Nazi's a "safe space"

Message 1 of 7

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Well, Ms. Owen, I believe that it is the obligation of the AG to defend the free speech rights of Americans. Do you not agree??

Mrs Owen agreed. Sessions however did not, by locking out protestors. I realize this all goes with your dystopian future dreams of a hitlerian vice being piped into whatever space you are in, with no dissenting opinion allowed and a governmet that locks up all who oppose fascist ideals. You will feel great in your space, since everyone that disagrees with you will be locked in their cell. Be well winston.

I believe you are missing a key point. Freedom of speech does not include the requirement that anyone listen.

Nor does it require to meet your definition, or anyone else's, of respect.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 7

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Well, Ms. Owen, I believe that it is the obligation of the AG to defend the free speech rights of Americans. Do you not agree??

Mrs Owen agreed. Sessions however did not, by locking out protestors. I realize this all goes with your dystopian future dreams of a hitlerian vice being piped into whatever space you are in, with no dissenting opinion allowed and a governmet that locks up all who oppose fascist ideals. You will feel great in your space, since everyone that disagrees with you will be locked in their cell. Be well winston.

I believe you are missing a key point. Freedom of speech does not include the requirement that anyone listen.

Did  I miss something that lead you to your "piped in" thought?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 7

@rk9152 wrote:

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 7

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 7
I believe Sessions is a man of his word and will enforce the law. We've seen the results of letting rioters take control and be allowed to "vent their frustrations" throughout urban America. If you're old enough to know then you're old enough to suffer the consequences for your actions.

Enough is enough. You break the law, you get arrested. There is too much lawlessness on both sides of the political spectrum. No more coddling.

Justice, mercy or grace... you pick
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 7

{Watch who goes to jail}

Watch who the police stand down for, watch who gets a pass for threats, intimidation, even violence.

Realize it's been that way for a long time, our lifetime.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Sessions to offer Nazi's a "safe space"

Message 7 of 7

https://news.vice.com/story/jeff-sessions-says-antifa-is-like-the-kkk-because-they-wear-masks

Again, Sessions took a shot at the role of those protesting the event. “After the Orwellian-named anti-fascist protesters had successfully shut down numerous campus speaker events with violent riots, Berkeley was forced to spend $600,000 simply to prove the mob was not in control of their school,” Sessions said.

{ here is a line thats farcical}“Starting today,” he said, “we will enforce federal law, defend free speech, and protect students’ free expression from whatever end of the political spectrum it may come.” {Watch who goes to jail}

He also said that school administrators that try to limit speech deemed hateful or offensive are “bending” to student protesters. “In effect, they coddle it and encourage it,” Sessions said.

Student and faculty protesters were reportedly banned from attending the event, which was ironic given the day’s subject matter. {yes indeed free speech}

“However we, the undersigned, condemn the hypocrisy of Attorney General Sessions speaking about free speech.”

The faculty members list a number of examples they believe illustrate their point, like the fact the DOJ is currently prosecuting a woman who laughed during Sessions’ confirmation hearing. In August the DOJ issued a warrant to a web-hosting company, demanding they turn over all information pertaining to groups organizing protests during President Trump’s inauguration.

and folks,

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors