Rethink your job search with the AARP job board. Find opportunities for experienced workers today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Sessions problem is lying under oath

Message 1 of 13

@pc6063 wrote:

Richva--Sessions sets a great example as America's top cop by committing perjury. 

Children sure can't look to this WH for people to emulate.

I will accept his guilt when he is found guilty. That is the American way (for now). I understand that there is a certain part of our population that sees such issues as settled by mobs in the street, but we are not there (yet).

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 13

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Have you read Franken's question?? Actually, Sessions would have been better to have just have stuck with the words Franken read.

You are absolutely correct. But he did not answer Franken's question. He said, under oath, that he had had no contact with the Russians during the Presidential campaign.  That turned out to be a lie and he was caught.  "The coverup is always more damaging than the act."

Consider the context and the topic under discussion.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 13

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@afisher wrote:

Donald supporters here run from this reality.    To believe their story one must be either unable to read / comprehend words or not care, just repeat whatever nonsense the alt-right is writing.  

I am afraid it is the latter.  I can almost hear them saying "Yeah, that's the ticket" after reading some weird reasoning put forth by Breitbart. 

As for me, I am finding it hard to believe they are allowed to get away with it. Sessions slimey answer should have been called out immediately, and reformed in to a yes or no question. this stuff is everywhere. Meet the press is the worst.

Have you read Franken's question?? Actually, Sessions would have been better to have just have stuck with the words Franken read.

Putin undoubtedly approves of the sentiments expressed in that post defending Sessions...

I have no idea about Putin but I am sure that logic and common sense support the idea that the subject was engaging with Russia regarding the campaign, not normal Congressional business.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 13

Richva--Sessions sets a great example as America's top cop by committing perjury. 

Children sure can't look to this WH for people to emulate.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 13

@rk9152 wrote:

You are absolutely correct. But he did not answer Franken's question. He said, under oath, that he had had no contact with the Russians during the Presidential campaign.  That turned out to be a lie and he was caught.  "The coverup is always more damaging than the act."

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 13

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@afisher wrote:

Donald supporters here run from this reality.    To believe their story one must be either unable to read / comprehend words or not care, just repeat whatever nonsense the alt-right is writing.  

I am afraid it is the latter.  I can almost hear them saying "Yeah, that's the ticket" after reading some weird reasoning put forth by Breitbart. 

As for me, I am finding it hard to believe they are allowed to get away with it. Sessions slimey answer should have been called out immediately, and reformed in to a yes or no question. this stuff is everywhere. Meet the press is the worst.

Putin undoubtedly approves of the sentiments expressed in that post defending Sessions...

44>45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 13

@MIseker wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@afisher wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 13

Sessions meeting with any covert or overt Russian operative raises questions and invites speculation.  That's bad judgement. 

umb - O.K. but how about meeting with foreign interests as part of one's Senate position?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 13

@Richva wrote:

I keep seeing comments about how this Democrat or that Progressive also met with the Russians.  Just to be clear, the reason Sessions should resign is his lying under oath. Not meeting with the Russian ambassador. 

Sessions meeting with any covert or overt Russian operative raises questions and invites speculation.  That's bad judgement. That meeting may or may not rise to the level of Treason. 

The Public will most likely never know.

His testimony under oath is known, however...by everybody who listened to the hearing, heard a news report or read a credible news release.   He deliberately sidestepped Franken's questions.  He knew or should have known the purpose of the questions.  He evaded.  That evasion was deliberate and was NOT the Truth, the Whole Truth and Nothing But the Truth.  That's a lie.

When provided both time and opportunity to correct his testimony, he did not.  He most certainly had the benefit of counsel during that period and so compounded his culpability.  Now it is perjury.  That cannot be tolerated in any official of the United States. 

The President, his staff and all the cabinet who knowingly participated are party to this offense. Resignation is not sufficient.  These are officials entrusted with the lives of the Citizens and breach of that trust is monumental in scope.  There is absolutely no excuse possible.

Just to be clear, penalties assessed under the law are intended as a deterrent to other slime balls as well as punishment for the person who broke the law. So...where is the outrage of the Law and Order Crowd.  Surely there is a better candidate for Attorney General out there within their ranks.  One that is ethical.  But then again....maybe not and what we saw is what we get once again.

That kind of thing can only go so far before there are serious consequences.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 13

@Richva wrote:

@afisher wrote:

So it begins.
Kudos
Views