Do you or your loved ones suspect a scam? Report it now to the AARP Fraud Watch Network.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Sending immigrants to sanctuary cities: costlly & illegal

Message 91 of 162

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@Controlled42010 wrote:

Hmm... they could do emergency spending under the declaration of national emergency and place them in Trump hotels....  Just a joke....Relax

Lol!

Actually ManicProgressive, it could save us taxpayers a bundle.

Currently, lil donny is paying the for-profit prisons $760/DAY to put kids in cages inside abandoned Walmarts.

A SUITE in the Washington Trump Tower goes for $699/night, leaving $61 for food, and even in DC that would feed you pretty well.

Of course there's only a couple hundred rooms, and donny is driving to lock up tens of thousands, so many would have to be placed in less sumptious accomodations, like the Mayflower for only $515/nite.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 92 of 162

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Just so we know what kind of incompetence we are dealing with, the Feds lost over 1,400 migrant children.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/nation-now/2018/05/25/immigration-children-separated-families...

Another case of needed legislation. In this case to deal with the ruling of the 9th Circuit about the government holding kids more than 20 days.

And yet, no other president, including those with higher numbers of immigrants, have needed to change the rules. Only the incompetent president we have now. As Rex Tillerson once said "What a Moron".  (Yes, that is disgust of a snowflake you read in my text)

By golly, you do have a short attention span. As I said, previous Presidents were willing to kick the can down the road. President Trump is looking to solve it.

And yet. Previous presidents handled the problem of even more refugees than Trump and WITHOUT putting children in cages or losing 1.400 children in the process. Your statement does not address the facts. 

Once again, they "handled" it by ignoring it.

As to the cages - it was Obama whose cage picture was posted as an attack on Trump. It totally address the points you posted.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 93 of 162

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Just so we know what kind of incompetence we are dealing with, the Feds lost over 1,400 migrant children.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/nation-now/2018/05/25/immigration-children-separated-families...

Another case of needed legislation. In this case to deal with the ruling of the 9th Circuit about the government holding kids more than 20 days.

And yet, no other president, including those with higher numbers of immigrants, have needed to change the rules. Only the incompetent president we have now. As Rex Tillerson once said "What a Moron".  (Yes, that is disgust of a snowflake you read in my text)

By golly, you do have a short attention span. As I said, previous Presidents were willing to kick the can down the road. President Trump is looking to solve it.

And yet. Previous presidents handled the problem of even more refugees than Trump and WITHOUT putting children in cages or losing 1.400 children in the process. Your statement does not address the facts. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 94 of 162

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 95 of 162

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 96 of 162

@Richva wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 97 of 162

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

The  "can" is our failed immigration policy.

Yes, the combination of our failed immigration policy and the President's efforts to control our borders has created quite a mess. There are two solutions. one is to provide the required legislation - I can't see the Dems allowing that. The other is for the President to accept the "open borders" concept of the Dems - I hope we don't see that.

So, I guess you will just have to continue to ignore the reality and harp on "incompetence" and personnel issues.

I can't ignore the reality. Remember, Trump's policies are dumping hundreds of asylum seekers onto my streets. Trump's policies are backing up traffic at the border a short drive from my home. Trump's policies are interfering  with the flow of goods and services. Trump's toothless threats are destroying my country's relationship with its southern neighbors and encouraging more refugees to hurry to our border. 

Those of us in the borderland will keep working hard to fix the mess Trump is creating.  It has nothing to do with the immigration law. It has everything to do with the incompetent way he is applying it. 

But tell the Republicans to keep whining about how this is not the fault of their little snowflake. That the rest of the world is just being mean to him. 

They are arriving here illegally and due to the inaction of the Congress to make needed changes, they have to be dropped or permitted to wander to somebody's street. The President did not create that situation. As to destroying relations with our southern neighbors, it is them either sending the illegals or providing them with a highway. That in itself seems a bit destructive to our relations.

How would you prefer to see him handle it?  I have not heard that "being mean" comment. Where did you get it??

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 98 of 162

@Richva wrote:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/nation-now/2018/05/25/immigration-children-separated-families...Jesus-Tears.jpg

I have a feeling Jesus AGAIN weeps! The children....how could we... as this country founded on the fleeing from a persecution from a tyranny government???

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 99 of 162

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 100 of 162

@rk9152 wrote:

The  "can" is our failed immigration policy.

Yes, the combination of our failed immigration policy and the President's efforts to control our borders has created quite a mess. There are two solutions. one is to provide the required legislation - I can't see the Dems allowing that. The other is for the President to accept the "open borders" concept of the Dems - I hope we don't see that.

So, I guess you will just have to continue to ignore the reality and harp on "incompetence" and personnel issues.

I can't ignore the reality. Remember, Trump's policies are dumping hundreds of asylum seekers onto my streets. Trump's policies are backing up traffic at the border a short drive from my home. Trump's policies are interfering  with the flow of goods and services. Trump's toothless threats are destroying my country's relationship with its southern neighbors and encouraging more refugees to hurry to our border. 

Those of us in the borderland will keep working hard to fix the mess Trump is creating.  It has nothing to do with the immigration law. It has everything to do with the incompetent way he is applying it. 

But tell the Republicans to keep whining about how this is not the fault of their little snowflake. That the rest of the world is just being mean to him. 

Kudos
Views