Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Sending immigrants to sanctuary cities: costlly & illegal

Message 1 of 162

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Sure you can - you can explain what McCarthy has to do with this.

He lied and made false accusations against innocent people too. Not as many lies or false accusations as Trump has done, but McCarthy was the template. Look him up. You will see Yuge similarities to Trump.  Except, McCarthy was pretty smart. 

I have never heard a lefty call McCarthy smart - a new twist. But using the comparison above it would appear that it is the corrupt Obama DoJ that qualifies. McCarthy was trying to get rid of those of a different Party and ideology.

I did a paper on McCarthy.  He once played a charity softball game where all the players had to ride donkeys. He could not get the donkey to go after the ball so he picked up the donkey and carried it.  The man loved to win. 

I have never heard anyone but criminals call the Justice Department corrupt. Well, that was before Barr.  

True - this entire Steele dossier scam is unprecedented. So, it's a new era.
Back to McCarthy - is it your point that there were not Communist in the State Department, Hollywood and Pentagon at the time? Granted he went overboard but they were not all innocent.  Here's an aside for you - back in the day I worked at a place called Idlewild Airport. A passenger was having problems with his connections and I squared it away. He was very appreciative and said, "I know you can't take tips but I'm sure you are allowed to accept souvenirs". He had just arrived from Canada and gave me (as I recall) a Canadian $2 bill. It was Joseph Welch of "Have you no sense of decency, Sir?" fame
However in the case under discussion - who is the innocent one - the "Plan B" schemers, the FBI head who allowed a purchased op research document be used to obtain a FISA warrant to spy on the other Party?  

McCarthy seems to be a good guy in your eyes. Who was McCarthy lawyer. I guy named Roy Cohen who was from NY and a dirty lawyer. He was in the end disbarred for what he did. He was also Trumps lawyer and got him out of many problems by being crooked. Trump still asks where is my Roy Cohen. Trump wanted some one like him as AG, and he now has someone in Barr. Only someone who is dirty like McCarthy was wants a lawyer like Roy Cohen. Trump fits the same pattern.

Now the Steele dossier. It is nothing more than what happened, and most of it has been proven true. Nothing in it has been proven false. All or most of the intel had the information which they either developed or got from other Intel agencies, and that includes our CIA, and FBI. They used the Steele to further verify what they had, and to see if there was something new in it.  The Steele was never used to obtain any FISA warrant. The information given to the court was developed by our Intel people based on what they could prove happened. This line about the Steele Dossier being the document is not true in fact, but is true in the minds of the right wing enablers as that is what they were told by their leaders, and the experts have explained to all why they would accept that fiction.

When did I say that he was a good guy in my eyes?? See??.....that's how these things run out of time - made up nonsense.

The old far right dodge again. Change the subject when presented with true facts. The experts have told us far right leaders always use made up nonsense when  they pass information on to the enablers. Glad you agree.

Questioning your words is hardly a dodge. Seems like you are building a case for your petty  "times out" game. On that we can agree.

No more time wasted. You know the drill.

I do indeed, no more logic, you run away - bye-bye.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 162

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Sure you can - you can explain what McCarthy has to do with this.

He lied and made false accusations against innocent people too. Not as many lies or false accusations as Trump has done, but McCarthy was the template. Look him up. You will see Yuge similarities to Trump.  Except, McCarthy was pretty smart. 

I have never heard a lefty call McCarthy smart - a new twist. But using the comparison above it would appear that it is the corrupt Obama DoJ that qualifies. McCarthy was trying to get rid of those of a different Party and ideology.

I did a paper on McCarthy.  He once played a charity softball game where all the players had to ride donkeys. He could not get the donkey to go after the ball so he picked up the donkey and carried it.  The man loved to win. 

I have never heard anyone but criminals call the Justice Department corrupt. Well, that was before Barr.  

True - this entire Steele dossier scam is unprecedented. So, it's a new era.
Back to McCarthy - is it your point that there were not Communist in the State Department, Hollywood and Pentagon at the time? Granted he went overboard but they were not all innocent.  Here's an aside for you - back in the day I worked at a place called Idlewild Airport. A passenger was having problems with his connections and I squared it away. He was very appreciative and said, "I know you can't take tips but I'm sure you are allowed to accept souvenirs". He had just arrived from Canada and gave me (as I recall) a Canadian $2 bill. It was Joseph Welch of "Have you no sense of decency, Sir?" fame
However in the case under discussion - who is the innocent one - the "Plan B" schemers, the FBI head who allowed a purchased op research document be used to obtain a FISA warrant to spy on the other Party?  

McCarthy seems to be a good guy in your eyes. Who was McCarthy lawyer. I guy named Roy Cohen who was from NY and a dirty lawyer. He was in the end disbarred for what he did. He was also Trumps lawyer and got him out of many problems by being crooked. Trump still asks where is my Roy Cohen. Trump wanted some one like him as AG, and he now has someone in Barr. Only someone who is dirty like McCarthy was wants a lawyer like Roy Cohen. Trump fits the same pattern.

Now the Steele dossier. It is nothing more than what happened, and most of it has been proven true. Nothing in it has been proven false. All or most of the intel had the information which they either developed or got from other Intel agencies, and that includes our CIA, and FBI. They used the Steele to further verify what they had, and to see if there was something new in it.  The Steele was never used to obtain any FISA warrant. The information given to the court was developed by our Intel people based on what they could prove happened. This line about the Steele Dossier being the document is not true in fact, but is true in the minds of the right wing enablers as that is what they were told by their leaders, and the experts have explained to all why they would accept that fiction.

When did I say that he was a good guy in my eyes?? See??.....that's how these things run out of time - made up nonsense.

The old far right dodge again. Change the subject when presented with true facts. The experts have told us far right leaders always use made up nonsense when  they pass information on to the enablers. Glad you agree.

Questioning your words is hardly a dodge. Seems like you are building a case for your petty  "times out" game. On that we can agree.

No more time wasted. You know the drill.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 162

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Just to clarify, the current Trump policy is to process the asylum seekers and then drop them off outside the CBP processing stations. This has given rise to huge networks of volunteers necessary to do the job the Trump administration has proved incapable of doing.  The asylum seekers are generally sent to their sponsors in the interior in 4-72 hours.  

Now, he wants to transport the asylum seekers to cities who refuse to spend their scarce resources enforcing laws for the feds.  Looking at the change in political attitudes dropping them off locally has caused, I am starting to think taking this on the road would be a huge boon with very little cost to the "Sanctuary Cities",  

The sanctuary cities don't want to report the illegals to ICE so now ICE can bring those illegals to the sanctuary cities where they are so loved.

Why is it so hard for you keep pretending that these are people here illegally? 

Why is it so hard for you to see when these aliens miss their hearing (which most do), they become illegal aliens, hence the word ILLEGAL! Move them to sanctuary cities where they are praised, worshiped, and loved.

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 162

The confusion of the 2nd Amendment and the whole "militia" argument?  They held some 300 people at gun point.

CNN- 4/19/2019 - "A Militia group detained migrants at the border. The ACLU calls it kidnapping"

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/19/us/border-militia-migrants/index.html

From the above article: "A US Customs and Border Protection spokesman declined to comment on the group itself or the social media posts, but said the agency "does not endorse or condone private groups or organizations taking enforcement measures into their own hands."

"Interference by civilians in law enforcement matters could have public safety and legal consequences for all parties involved."

"By law, they cannot conduct an arrest," the official said. "If they do, then somebody needs to do something about it."

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 162

@Richva wrote:

Just to clarify, the current Trump policy is to process the asylum seekers and then drop them off outside the CBP processing stations. This has given rise to huge networks of volunteers necessary to do the job the Trump administration has proved incapable of doing.  The asylum seekers are generally sent to their sponsors in the interior in 4-72 hours.  

Now, he wants to transport the asylum seekers to cities who refuse to spend their scarce resources enforcing laws for the feds.  Looking at the change in political attitudes dropping them off locally has caused, I am starting to think taking this on the road would be a huge boon with very little cost to the "Sanctuary Cities",  

People in NM don't want them, sanctuary cities don't want them - where do you want them to be and how would you get them there?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 162

@Olderscout66 wrote:

For the last 200+ years, America has gotten along just fine allowing a steady stream of people moving back and forth across our borders for jobs, travel, and to find a new home. Same thing has been going on everywhere else since the beginning of recorded history and it is only the xenophobic nutjobs who think its a problem that must be ended.

Using 12th Century tech to solve a 21st Century problem is typically Republican. Using baseless slanders to gin up hatred against immigrants and refugees is likewise an exclusively Republican pastime in America - Both are designed to divert attention from the actual problems we need to solve, and the total inability of Republicans to even formulate a proposal for a solution, let alone present an actual plan to make America better for all our citizens.

Yes, people moved back and forth, these caravans are new.

As to the 12th century solution - physical barriers are in use - today - alll over the world.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 162

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

The sanctuary cities don't want to report the illegals to ICE so now ICE can bring those illegals to the sanctuary cities where they are so loved.

Why is it so hard for you keep pretending that these are people here illegally? 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 162

@Richva wrote:

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 162

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 162

For the last 200+ years, America has gotten along just fine allowing a steady stream of people moving back and forth across our borders for jobs, travel, and to find a new home. Same thing has been going on everywhere else since the beginning of recorded history and it is only the xenophobic nutjobs who think its a problem that must be ended.

Using 12th Century tech to solve a 21st Century problem is typically Republican. Using baseless slanders to gin up hatred against immigrants and refugees is likewise an exclusively Republican pastime in America - Both are designed to divert attention from the actual problems we need to solve, and the total inability of Republicans to even formulate a proposal for a solution, let alone present an actual plan to make America better for all our citizens.

Kudos
Views