Can blue light from your phone cause vision problems? Find out and learn more about your vision in the AARP Eye Center.

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
130
Views

Re: Sending immigrants to sanctuary cities: costlly & illegal

130 Views
Message 21 of 162

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Sure you can - you can explain what McCarthy has to do with this.


He lied and made false accusations against innocent people too. Not as many lies or false accusations as Trump has done, but McCarthy was the template. Look him up. You will see Yuge similarities to Trump.  Except, McCarthy was pretty smart. 


I have never heard a lefty call McCarthy smart - a new twist. But using the comparison above it would appear that it is the corrupt Obama DoJ that qualifies. McCarthy was trying to get rid of those of a different Party and ideology.


I did a paper on McCarthy.  He once played a charity softball game where all the players had to ride donkeys. He could not get the donkey to go after the ball so he picked up the donkey and carried it.  The man loved to win. 

 

I have never heard anyone but criminals call the Justice Department corrupt. Well, that was before Barr.  

 

 


True - this entire Steele dossier scam is unprecedented. So, it's a new era.
Back to McCarthy - is it your point that there were not Communist in the State Department, Hollywood and Pentagon at the time? Granted he went overboard but they were not all innocent.  Here's an aside for you - back in the day I worked at a place called Idlewild Airport. A passenger was having problems with his connections and I squared it away. He was very appreciative and said, "I know you can't take tips but I'm sure you are allowed to accept souvenirs". He had just arrived from Canada and gave me (as I recall) a Canadian $2 bill. It was Joseph Welch of "Have you no sense of decency, Sir?" fame
However in the case under discussion - who is the innocent one - the "Plan B" schemers, the FBI head who allowed a purchased op research document be used to obtain a FISA warrant to spy on the other Party?  
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
130
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
140
Views

Re: Sending immigrants to sanctuary cities: costlly & illegal

140 Views
Message 22 of 162

 

 

 

 


@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Laurie42010 wrote:

 


When you look at the motley group of characters the Democrats have running - that's what is NOT HAPPENING!


Well in the last Republican Primaries, we had also a bunch of candidates and look who we end up with.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
140
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
130
Views

Re: Sending immigrants to sanctuary cities: costlly & illegal

130 Views
Message 23 of 162

Calling Joe McCarthy "smart" was only IN RELATION TO Cadet Bonespurs, in which case a box of hammers would also appear "smart".

 

As to the ZOMBIE LIE about some ultra liberal Deep State controlling DOJ, there are only 200 Presidential Appointments among 113,543 full time employees, and lil donny got to pick the 200 currently running things.

 

As to President Obama having anything to do with lil donny's disaster at the border, President Obama released the immigrants wearing ankle bracelets and a court date, and 96% showed up for the hearing and most of the remaining 4% simply went back home. Cost per family: about NOTHING.

 

Cadet Bonespurs cause the creation of dozens of for-profit concentration camps to house the immigrants at a cost of $775/DAY for kids and $250/DAY for adults. Cost per family: about $2,050.00 PER DAY.

 

For decades, migrant workers drifted back and forth across the southern border following the harvest. Then jrbush said he'd close the border, so about 10 Million previous migrants decided to stay where the jobs were, creating the large number of undocumented workers Republicans love to hate.

 

When lil donny began ranting about his Wall, it had a similar effect - those who saw America as their only hope of a secure and peaceful life headed North. Again, Republican macho-stupid caused the problem they now seek to blame everyone else for.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
130
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
137
Views

Re: Sending immigrants to sanctuary cities: costlly & illegal

137 Views
Message 24 of 162

@Laurie42010 wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote: Make sure you vote Republican next time!

 

When that is who the Republicans pick for a representation....it's Not Happening!


When you look at the motley group of characters the Democrats have running - that's what is NOT HAPPENING!

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
137
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
134
Views

Re: Sending immigrants to sanctuary cities: costlly & illegal

134 Views
Message 25 of 162


They are arriving here illegally and due to the inaction of the Congress to make needed changes, they have to be dropped or permitted to wander to somebody's street. The President did not create that situation. As to destroying relations with our southern neighbors, it is them either sending the illegals or providing them with a highway. That in itself seems a bit destructive to our relations.   Incomplete statement. if you remember correctly the Senate passed a pretty good immigration law that was bi partisan. and it failed in the HOuse because the Republicans in the House would not accept that it provided a path to citizenship to many of those illegals. Remember? or are is this a "redacted " statement.

 

How would you prefer to see him handle it?  I have not heard that "being mean" comment. Where did you get it??


Ah!!!!!!! the victim game. Poor Trump is not able to resolve an issue because of all the interference by those horrible Democrats and Liberals.  Really?  LOL

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
134
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
125
Views

Re: Sending immigrants to sanctuary cities: costlly & illegal

125 Views
Message 26 of 162

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Sure you can - you can explain what McCarthy has to do with this.


He lied and made false accusations against innocent people too. Not as many lies or false accusations as Trump has done, but McCarthy was the template. Look him up. You will see Yuge similarities to Trump.  Except, McCarthy was pretty smart. 


I have never heard a lefty call McCarthy smart - a new twist. But using the comparison above it would appear that it is the corrupt Obama DoJ that qualifies. McCarthy was trying to get rid of those of a different Party and ideology.


I did a paper on McCarthy.  He once played a charity softball game where all the players had to ride donkeys. He could not get the donkey to go after the ball so he picked up the donkey and carried it.  The man loved to win. 

 

I have never heard anyone but criminals call the Justice Department corrupt. Well, that was before Barr.  

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
125
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
118
Views

Re: Sending immigrants to sanctuary cities: costlly & illegal

118 Views
Message 27 of 162

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Sure you can - you can explain what McCarthy has to do with this.


He lied and made false accusations against innocent people too. Not as many lies or false accusations as Trump has done, but McCarthy was the template. Look him up. You will see Yuge similarities to Trump.  Except, McCarthy was pretty smart. 


I have never heard a lefty call McCarthy smart - a new twist. But using the comparison above it would appear that it is the corrupt Obama DoJ that qualifies. McCarthy was trying to get rid of those of a different Party and ideology.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
118
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
133
Views

Re: Sending immigrants to sanctuary cities: costlly & illegal

133 Views
Message 28 of 162

@rk9152 wrote:

Sure you can - you can explain what McCarthy has to do with this.


He lied and made false accusations against innocent people too. Not as many lies or false accusations as Trump has done, but McCarthy was the template. Look him up. You will see Yuge similarities to Trump.  Except, McCarthy was pretty smart. 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
133
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
146
Views

Re: Sending immigrants to sanctuary cities: costlly & illegal

146 Views
Message 29 of 162

@rker321 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Yes, other Presidents dealt with it by kicking the can down the road. We now have a President willing to try to fix the problem of long standing.

 

And yes, he is asking the legislators to legislate.


"Kicking the can down the road"?  There has never been such a mess at the border as Trump has created with his inability to manage and his revolving door employment policies.  There HAS, however, been even larger numbers of asylum seekers so we know that a competent manager could handle the smaller numbers.  I would also point out that other presidents actually proposed legislation or worked with the leaders of the House and Senate to help craft legislation.  The last time Trump did that we ended up shutting down the government for a record breaking month.  

 

We see the incompetence on the border every day.  It has been a unique event in the history of CBP corresponding with the implementation of Trump policies. 


The  "can" is our failed immigration policy.

 

Yes, the combination of our failed immigration policy and the President's efforts to control our borders has created quite a mess. There are two solutions. one is to provide the required legislation - I can't see the Dems allowing that. The other is for the President to accept the "open borders" concept of the Dems - I hope we don't see that.

 

So, I guess you will just have to continue to ignore the reality and harp on "incompetence" and personnel issues.

 

all of this is beginning to sound like the  McCarthy era. He would actually put out  outragoues sayings sand because at the time there was no Internet fact checking was not ablre to deal with the comments

Here we have  the outragedous comments and we do hafe the fact checking so, why don't we start by educating posters as to what we are willing to allow for them to say ?  Open Borders, blame the Democrats and incite the ignorant.
Inconpetence at the highest level but blame Obama
The murderers, rapists criminals Mexican that come to the US.
We will build a wall and Mexico will pay for it.
can I say more?

 


Sure you can - you can explain what McCarthy has to do with this.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
146
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
147
Views

Re: Sending immigrants to sanctuary cities: costlly & illegal

147 Views
Message 30 of 162

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Yes, other Presidents dealt with it by kicking the can down the road. We now have a President willing to try to fix the problem of long standing.

 

And yes, he is asking the legislators to legislate.


"Kicking the can down the road"?  There has never been such a mess at the border as Trump has created with his inability to manage and his revolving door employment policies.  There HAS, however, been even larger numbers of asylum seekers so we know that a competent manager could handle the smaller numbers.  I would also point out that other presidents actually proposed legislation or worked with the leaders of the House and Senate to help craft legislation.  The last time Trump did that we ended up shutting down the government for a record breaking month.  

 

We see the incompetence on the border every day.  It has been a unique event in the history of CBP corresponding with the implementation of Trump policies. 


The  "can" is our failed immigration policy.

 

Yes, the combination of our failed immigration policy and the President's efforts to control our borders has created quite a mess. There are two solutions. one is to provide the required legislation - I can't see the Dems allowing that. The other is for the President to accept the "open borders" concept of the Dems - I hope we don't see that.

 

So, I guess you will just have to continue to ignore the reality and harp on "incompetence" and personnel issues.

 

all of this is beginning to sound like the  McCarthy era. He would actually put out  outragoues sayings sand because at the time there was no Internet fact checking was not ablre to deal with the comments

Here we have  the outragedous comments and we do hafe the fact checking so, why don't we start by educating posters as to what we are willing to allow for them to say ?  Open Borders, blame the Democrats and incite the ignorant.
Inconpetence at the highest level but blame Obama
The murderers, rapists criminals Mexican that come to the US.
We will build a wall and Mexico will pay for it.
can I say more?

 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
147
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.


multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors