Check out the 10th anniversary edition of ’99 Great Ways to Save,’ AARP’s annual guide to saving money.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Sending immigrants to sanctuary cities: costlly & illegal

Message 61 of 162

@Olderscout66 wrote:

NO Democrat has advocated "Open Borders" - that is another Republican LIE designed to rev up the lofo base of the GOP.

Your representatives in Congress are doing just that for you by denying money for Trump's border walls and your platform to eliminate ICE!

Now who is lying to prop up the lofo Democrat base???????????

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 162

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

What happened to the ones in the group who were going to adopt some of these families?  Have your plans changed?  I thought some of you would take a dozen or so of the families.  I realize this hardly makes a dent, but think how much it would help.

Those of us who live in the borderlands are forced into the position  of feeding, clothing, housing, and helping to transport these people because of Trump's incompetence. I would say that is pretty close to what you mean by adopting them. 

Not because of Trump's incompetence but because liberals want open borders to get more Democrat votes. Isn't that one of the things that Democrats want is illegal alien voting rights? Why not house some of those illegals since you are pretending to support them?

NO Democrat has advocated "Open Borders" - that is another Republican LIE designed to rev up the lofo base of the GOP.

Lil donny is placing refugee families requesting amnesty into custody KNOWING they can only keep the kids for a max 21 days and when Day 22 rolls around, donny has his minions rip the children from their mother's arms and puts them into "protective custody" in for-profit kiddy prisons at $775 per kid per day and then cons the parents to "self-deport" by telling them its the only way to get the kids back, but of course the Republicans running the kiddy cages aren't informed, so the kids are now in YUGELY profitable "protective custody" forever.

Republicans cheer because no GOPer before has done so much to hand so many tax dollars to other Republicans who do such incredible harm to defenseless poor brown children. At $775/kid/day, those sanctuary cities will be able to cut taxes and still have the best support services for their citizens of anywhere in the USA.

The families accepting kids in New York City can check the entire family into the Ritz Carlton and live on Room Service for what donny's disaster is costing taxpayers.

And yet Republicans cheer and call donny's handling of the disaster HE invented a good thing. Perhaps in addition to not reading, the Trumpettes cannot perform simple mathematical calculations either.

True - $775 per day for those "defenseless brown children" is ridiculous. We should find those Obama cages. They have to be cheaper. Or find a legislative way to be able to reunite them with their families - in their home country.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 162

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I don't understand why you call it "the Trump mess". The caravans are coming - he certainly is not encouraging them. 

Two points here. First, he continues to Tweet that he will close the border completely. The heads of state he wants to hear these threats know they are toothless but the refugees are taking them at face value and trying to get here before the border is closed. 

Second, the idea that Trump is just a poor little snowflake and no one could expect him to show any competence in dealing with large numbers of asylum seekers is disingenuous.  His administration has lost track of 1,400 children in this mess while earlier presidents with larger volumes of immigrants had no such problems. 

it really, really is the Trump mess.

By the numbers;

1. If he didn't tweet, they might come next month instead of this month. Not a solution.

2. The issue is stopping crossings no counting them.

3. The solution is easy - change the legislation that permits applying for asylum inside the country. That dumb idea was not Trump's.

4. Legislatively deal with the craziness of allowing children to be "get out of jail free cards" - another dumb idea that wasn't Trump's.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 162

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I don't understand why you call it "the Trump mess". The caravans are coming - he certainly is not encouraging them. 

Two points here. First, he continues to Tweet that he will close the border completely. The heads of state he wants to hear these threats know they are toothless but the refugees are taking them at face value and trying to get here before the border is closed. 

Second, the idea that Trump is just a poor little snowflake and no one could expect him to show any competence in dealing with large numbers of asylum seekers is disingenuous.  His administration has lost track of 1,400 children in this mess while earlier presidents with larger volumes of immigrants had no such problems. 

Now you have the NM militia holding at gunpoint the illegals until ICE shows up. What is it with liberals that want open borders?

Here are some of the things the militia has been doing for some time now. Stealing from the Armed Forces, Border patrol and NG that were there, Trespassing on private property, Pulling fire arms on local residents. These are all far right people making up the group so you can just image the potencal for serious problems when you read what the experts tell us make up the group.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 162

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

What happened to the ones in the group who were going to adopt some of these families?  Have your plans changed?  I thought some of you would take a dozen or so of the families.  I realize this hardly makes a dent, but think how much it would help.

Those of us who live in the borderlands are forced into the position  of feeding, clothing, housing, and helping to transport these people because of Trump's incompetence. I would say that is pretty close to what you mean by adopting them. 

Not because of Trump's incompetence but because liberals want open borders to get more Democrat votes. Isn't that one of the things that Democrats want is illegal alien voting rights? Why not house some of those illegals since you are pretending to support them?

Lil donny is placing refugee families requesting amnesty into custody KNOWING they can only keep the kids for a max 21 days and when Day 22 rolls around, donny has his minions rip the children from their mother's arms and puts them into "protective custody" in for-profit kiddy prisons at $775 per kid per day and then cons the parents to "self-deport" by telling them its the only way to get the kids back, but of course the Republicans running the kiddy cages aren't informed, so the kids are now in YUGELY profitable "protective custody" forever.

Republicans cheer because no GOPer before has done so much to hand so many tax dollars to other Republicans who do such incredible harm to defenseless poor brown children. At $775/kid/day, those sanctuary cities will be able to cut taxes and still have the best support services for their citizens of anywhere in the USA.

The families accepting kids in New York City can check the entire family into the Ritz Carlton and live on Room Service for what donny's disaster is costing taxpayers.

And yet Republicans cheer and call donny's handling of the disaster HE invented a good thing. Perhaps in addition to not reading, the Trumpettes cannot perform simple mathematical calculations either.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 162

@Richva wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 162

rk posted...

=====================================================

To that poster and others that are on the radical left wing everything is "the Trump mess"....except our great economy, etc.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 162

@Soosie wrote:

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 162

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 162

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Now you have the NM militia holding at gunpoint the illegals until ICE shows up. What is it with liberals that want open borders?

Kudos
Views