You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Smart Driver course! Get a free phone charging set with promo code AARP6.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Sending immigrants to sanctuary cities: costlly & illegal

Message 71 of 162

@rk9152 wrote:

I don't understand why you call it "the Trump mess". The caravans are coming - he certainly is not encouraging them. 

Two points here. First, he continues to Tweet that he will close the border completely. The heads of state he wants to hear these threats know they are toothless but the refugees are taking them at face value and trying to get here before the border is closed. 

Second, the idea that Trump is just a poor little snowflake and no one could expect him to show any competence in dealing with large numbers of asylum seekers is disingenuous.  His administration has lost track of 1,400 children in this mess while earlier presidents with larger volumes of immigrants had no such problems. 

it really, really is the Trump mess.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 162

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

If they can leave Frisco (for example) within a day - why aren't they leaving the border area just as fast?

As to the names, I agree but we have one poster who cannot use the word "illegal" and uses "poor brown people" - sounds racist doesn't it? And then another referred to the moving of the illegals away from the border region as equatable to dumping unwanted dogs on the road. I would suggest that the word "Conservative" does not apply in those cases.

Don Jr.?????

Don Jr is known as the (really, really) stupid one.  Even Trump Sr. was quoted in the Mueller report as having little confidence in his abilities.  More of a snowflake than Trump is. 

We (not me personally) are turning around asylum seekers within 4 hours of their being dumped on the streets by ICE. That depends upon the availability of bus and air availability.  They arrive at the shelters, get a small amount of food, showers at the community center, fresh clothing from donations then sit down with (more) volunteers who connect with their relatives and friends in the interior then make travel arrangements. The cities and towns here are appropriating funds to handle the Trump mess. Volunteers are pouring into the centers to help process them. It is a real community response to, what we believe, is an emergency which was intentionally created by planned incompetence. 

Not to be insulting but I don't think I have seen one accurate fact about the Trump border mess during our conversation here. I would suggest you begin doubting your sources.

I don't understand why you call it "the Trump mess". The caravans are coming - he certainly is not encouraging them. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 162

@rk9152 wrote:

If they can leave Frisco (for example) within a day - why aren't they leaving the border area just as fast?

As to the names, I agree but we have one poster who cannot use the word "illegal" and uses "poor brown people" - sounds racist doesn't it? And then another referred to the moving of the illegals away from the border region as equatable to dumping unwanted dogs on the road. I would suggest that the word "Conservative" does not apply in those cases.

Don Jr.?????

Don Jr is known as the (really, really) stupid one.  Even Trump Sr. was quoted in the Mueller report as having little confidence in his abilities.  More of a snowflake than Trump is. 

We (not me personally) are turning around asylum seekers within 4 hours of their being dumped on the streets by ICE. That depends upon the availability of bus and air availability.  They arrive at the shelters, get a small amount of food, showers at the community center, fresh clothing from donations then sit down with (more) volunteers who connect with their relatives and friends in the interior then make travel arrangements. The cities and towns here are appropriating funds to handle the Trump mess. Volunteers are pouring into the centers to help process them. It is a real community response to, what we believe, is an emergency which was intentionally created by planned incompetence. 

Not to be insulting but I don't think I have seen one accurate fact about the Trump border mess during our conversation here. I would suggest you begin doubting your sources.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 162

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

My error I had heard that folks along the border were getting a wee bit tired of being overwhelmed with those "poor brown people" or "stray dogs that nobody wants" depending on which poster you listen to. I figured a but of sharing might be nice for you borderites. Yes, expensive - but you guys (generic) are worth it.

We are getting tired of it. This kind of chaos has never happened before It is almost as if Trump took every bad choice he could in dealing with this issue but that is impossible..........right comrade?  I do have to say, making up facts about how this all works is not helping either.  If Trump could........somehow.......get the logistics together to ship the asylum seekers to a city which will not help Trump in his incompetence, they would be on their way to hosts in the interior within 4-24 hours.  Trump can't be competent even in his childish impulses. 

I would also point out that it is only the Conservative, and ill informed, posters here who call the asylum seekers brown or dogs.  Those of us on the border know how heroic their trips have been and welcome them as much better additions to our society than some unintelligent snowflake like......say.........Don Jr. 

Don Jr.?????

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 162

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

My error I had heard that folks along the border were getting a wee bit tired of being overwhelmed with those "poor brown people" or "stray dogs that nobody wants" depending on which poster you listen to. I figured a but of sharing might be nice for you borderites. Yes, expensive - but you guys (generic) are worth it.

We are getting tired of it. This kind of chaos has never happened before It is almost as if Trump took every bad choice he could in dealing with this issue but that is impossible..........right comrade?  I do have to say, making up facts about how this all works is not helping either.  If Trump could........somehow.......get the logistics together to ship the asylum seekers to a city which will not help Trump in his incompetence, they would be on their way to hosts in the interior within 4-24 hours.  Trump can't be competent even in his childish impulses. 

I would also point out that it is only the Conservative, and ill informed, posters here who call the asylum seekers brown or dogs.  Those of us on the border know how heroic their trips have been and welcome them as much better additions to our society than some unintelligent snowflake like......say.........Don Jr. 

Living in a border state we have seen immigrants sent to cities over 200 miles from the border for some time now. Once again our States largest city was to receive 300 this past weekend and it is not a sanctuary city. They are housed, fed, and sent on their way to the location in the US where they will live. A Sanctuary City in our state is now assisting a city along the border by taking people from them as everything there is filled up. This is good people in action.

New problem at our states border. The far right armed para military group is now patrolling the border armed and telling people they are border patrol and  rounding up immigrants. The Border Patrol knows this is going on. Law suit filed, and our State AG is getting involved to put a stop to it. Once again you see the far right in action.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 162

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 162

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Of course it is expensive. But is it any more expensive to send people to San Francisco than TuLsa? They have to be put someplace, as someone put it, "Like unwanted dogs". Is an "Unwanted dog" any happier in Tulsa than San-Fran?

I am having trouble finding where they are releasing asylum seekers in Tulsa.  Those of us in the border lands are seeing releases as far away as 40 miles from the CBP border positions and they are claiming that as a logistical miracle. 

I don't want to call this out as "fake news" until you have a chance to show me they are releasing asylum seekers anywhere but a few miles from the border. 

It was merely a matter of trying to give those "dogs that no one wants" a better life style. Think of it as a way to get past the "hating brown people" meme.

However, think of the practical side of this - if they keep coming and there is no reason to think they won't, eventually that narrow band is going to become saturated.

So, to be clear, the claim about releasing asylum seekers in Tulsa OK actually was FAKE NEWS.  Just checking. 

That does answer your question though.  Since they are not sending asylum seekers more than a few dozen miles from where they are processed, it would be a YUGE expense to try and send them to the cities which have refused to expend their precious resources enforcing federal laws.  Actually, it would probably get them closer to the host families spread across the interior.  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 162

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Of course it is expensive. But is it any more expensive to send people to San Francisco than TuLsa? They have to be put someplace, as someone put it, "Like unwanted dogs". Is an "Unwanted dog" any happier in Tulsa than San-Fran?

I am having trouble finding where they are releasing asylum seekers in Tulsa.  Those of us in the border lands are seeing releases as far away as 40 miles from the CBP border positions and they are claiming that as a logistical miracle. 

I don't want to call this out as "fake news" until you have a chance to show me they are releasing asylum seekers anywhere but a few miles from the border. 

It was merely a matter of trying to give those "dogs that no one wants" a better life style. Think of it as a way to get past the "hating brown people" meme.

However, think of the practical side of this - if they keep coming and there is no reason to think they won't, eventually that narrow band is going to become saturated.

So, to be clear, the claim about releasing asylum seekers in Tulsa OK actually was FAKE NEWS.  Just checking. 

That does answer your question though.  Since they are not sending asylum seekers more than a few dozen miles from where they are processed, it would be a YUGE expense to try and send them to the cities which have refused to expend their precious resources enforcing federal laws.  Actually, it would probably get them closer to the host families spread across the interior.  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 162

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 162

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views