From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Sending immigrants to sanctuary cities: costlly & illegal

Message 151 of 162

One brilliant idea follows another.    Aren't we blessed  ! !   

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 152 of 162

@Richva wrote:

Here in the borderlands, the Trump policies have been dumping immigrants into our streets for almost two years. American citizens have banded together to provide food, fresh clothes, and showers to pick up the slack Trump's inability to manage has created. Transportation to relatives in the interior is arranged and they leave making way for the next round of CBP released immigrants. 

There was an article in the local paper about how CBP is going to drop off 87 immigrants about 50 miles from the facility in El Paso. This is a big deal for CBP as they have not been able to organize a remote drop off before.  I can not wait until Trump tries to manage moving immigrants across the country to specific cities.

If you thought his government shut down was stupid. Wait until he tries something as complicated as THIS. 

What’s going on there? Are those immigrants sponsored by someone? The mission where they are being dropped off? If not, how is the government  tracking them? 

We’ve had an an increase of unaccompanied minors being placed with sponsors here, but it sounds much more above board than what’s happening in this article.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 153 of 162

@Laurie42010 wrote:

Hmm... they could do emergency spending under the declaration of national emergency and place them in Trump hotels....  Just a joke....Relax

Lol!

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 154 of 162

Hmm... they could do emergency spending under the declaration of national emergency and place them in Trump hotels....  Just a joke....Relax

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 155 of 162

Here in the borderlands, the Trump policies have been dumping immigrants into our streets for almost two years. American citizens have banded together to provide food, fresh clothes, and showers to pick up the slack Trump's inability to manage has created. Transportation to relatives in the interior is arranged and they leave making way for the next round of CBP released immigrants. 

There was an article in the local paper about how CBP is going to drop off 87 immigrants about 50 miles from the facility in El Paso. This is a big deal for CBP as they have not been able to organize a remote drop off before.  I can not wait until Trump tries to manage moving immigrants across the country to specific cities.

If you thought his government shut down was stupid. Wait until he tries something as complicated as THIS. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 156 of 162

Once again ToadPOTUS croaks from the wrong end of its alimentary canal.

IMHO Bonespurs will let this one die quietly as he realizes it will cost millions to transport the refugees, the cities will easily absorb them into the local economy and Putin's Toady will wind up having to construct some form of "housing" in places he does not carry in elections.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 157 of 162

@mickstuder wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@oceanedge2 wrote:

Right now, I don't believe dt's hot air would make it though legal challenges.  To date, federal courts have ruled his policy moves were illegal 65 times.

However, last week in his visit to Calexico he told border patrol agents to break the law.  Just tell any judge, "Sorry, we don't have room".  The agent's leaders told them, you have to follow the law, doing what the president asks would be taking on a personal liability.

Legal or not, I would not put it past dt to enforce his will, using his fake National Emergency, in getting illegals removed to sanctuary cities and further enforcing his will on local municipalities to accommodate them or begin arresting the arrivals, caring for them in their own detention facilities.  I know that seems extreme but dt is extreme and also mad.  I don't see how the current chaos will find any good outcome.

Hasn't yet...........won't in the future. 

Here's the Thing

Immigrants Once Processed and Released into the USA to await their turn B4 a Immigration Judge - have No Limitations on their Travel............they can go anywhere they want - so Yeah this is a Giant Waste of Tax Payers Money...............Most Immigrants have a planned destination within the USA - a Relative - A Friend - A Promise of a Job - Regrardless of where Trump ships them - they are going to make every effort to reach their destination and there is No Law Stopping Them

Trump thinks Immigrants are all Dumb Incompetent Useless Individuals - Truth be Told - Neither Trump or a Single Member of his Family could Navigate themselves on their own with No Little Money Food or Shelter from Honduras - Guatemela - Costa Rica or Even Central or Southern Mexico into the USA

These Immigrants have all traveled thousands of Miles mostly on Foot - Trump thinks putting them in a Sanctuary City where they have access to Food Shelter A Job & Information as Well as Mass Transit........that somehow this is going to be a Inconvieniece to the Immigrants or the Host Cities 

These Cities are Sanctuary Cities Voluntarily because they are familiar with Immigrants and have a need for them as much a need as the Immigrants have for the Cities

Trump is the Dope

O.K. - you etal got your insults of the President in but have ignored the basic issue - where should they go? I'd say where they are legal, their home countries, but, other than that - where??

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 158 of 162

@Richva wrote:

@oceanedge2 wrote:

Right now, I don't believe dt's hot air would make it though legal challenges.  To date, federal courts have ruled his policy moves were illegal 65 times.

However, last week in his visit to Calexico he told border patrol agents to break the law.  Just tell any judge, "Sorry, we don't have room".  The agent's leaders told them, you have to follow the law, doing what the president asks would be taking on a personal liability.

Legal or not, I would not put it past dt to enforce his will, using his fake National Emergency, in getting illegals removed to sanctuary cities and further enforcing his will on local municipalities to accommodate them or begin arresting the arrivals, caring for them in their own detention facilities.  I know that seems extreme but dt is extreme and also mad.  I don't see how the current chaos will find any good outcome.

Here's the Thing

Immigrants Once Processed and Released into the USA to await their turn B4 a Immigration Judge - have No Limitations on their Travel............they can go anywhere they want - so Yeah this is a Giant Waste of Tax Payers Money...............Most Immigrants have a planned destination within the USA - a Relative - A Friend - A Promise of a Job - Regrardless of where Trump ships them - they are going to make every effort to reach their destination and there is No Law Stopping Them

Trump thinks Immigrants are all Dumb Incompetent Useless Individuals - Truth be Told - Neither Trump or a Single Member of his Family could Navigate themselves on their own with No Little Money Food or Shelter from Honduras - Guatemela - Costa Rica or Even Central or Southern Mexico into the USA

These Immigrants have all traveled thousands of Miles mostly on Foot - Trump thinks putting them in a Sanctuary City where they have access to Food Shelter A Job & Information as Well as Mass Transit........that somehow this is going to be a Inconvieniece to the Immigrants or the Host Cities 

These Cities are Sanctuary Cities Voluntarily because they are familiar with Immigrants and have a need for them as much a need as the Immigrants have for the Cities

Trump is the Dope

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 159 of 162

To watch, once again,trump use other human beings as pawns in his game, is more than deplorable. But much of this needs to be laid at the feet of trump supporters, and repubs in Congress, House and Senate, who have given trump a free pass on whatever he has wanted to do...thankfully we at least have Dems in the House to issue opposition to many of his directives. But much work is yet to be done. 

Be strong and oppose trump

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 160 of 162

@oceanedge2 wrote:

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors