From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
331
Views

Re: Senator Shaheens Take On Trumpcare

331 Views
Message 1 of 21

@alotofgrey wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

It is becoming clearer and clearer that the only viable answer is America adopting a single payer national health care plan.


Chas,

 

National single-payer health “care” plan? As far as I know there none of those on this planet. However…

 

There are national single-payer health “insurance” plans. Is that what you are refering to? Health “insurance”?

 

Along that line: Each of the other 36 developed  countries and many of the under developed countries have a  national single-payer health “insurance” plan. Why?

 

Each implemented that to get rid of the “national” health insurance nightmare problem that we have. None have that problem anymore. We still do. Why?

 

Our Republican Obamacare health “insurance” plan was supposed to get rid of it. We all know how well that worked.

 

Note: Obamacare, Medicare, and Medicaid are health “insurance” plans. Not one is a health "care" plan. If you need some kind of health care do not go to one of those offices.


Please quit mincing words over health care and health care insurance, you knew what I meant.

 

Obamacare (republican written), and the New Republican Plan, both use private insurance policies to try and fix our problem and no, it will not completely work ........ ever.

 

Besides, I have health care provided for me in retirement. There is money in a fund put there as part of my and all worker's compensation for working. An insurance giant is contracted to 'manage' the plan, using that fund. That is not actually "insurance". It was the same way when I was working. So, using that logic, if taxes are collected and put into a fund, then insurance giants are contracted to manage the plan from that fund, technically it's not an insurance policy either. But who wants to mince words, right?


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
331
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
332
Views

Re: Senator Shaheens Take On Trumpcare

332 Views
Message 2 of 21

The reason that we don't have a single Payer system or insurance as you say, is because, 
someone in this country has managed to drill into the minds of Americans that a single payer is "socialized medicine"  and you know how that sounds to the minds of many uninformed Americans. "Communism"   LOL

The rest of the world marches at a rate of being able to solve problems that we in this country cannot or will not solve because, our politicians have playes with our minds, and the typical  American is either to dumb to research or simply don't care or is simply too lazy to find out.
We now have a crisis in this country of gigantic proportions. and people are going to start realizing the amount of BS that they have been swallowing for years and years. hoping is not too late. 
Of course none of thesed plans will work out in the long run. but thing will get really bad, untill this country wakes up and demand that our government stop the BS and deal with this problem on a permanent basis.

 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
332
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
338
Views

Re: Senator Shaheens Take On Trumpcare

338 Views
Message 3 of 21

@ChasKy53 wrote:

It is becoming clearer and clearer that the only viable answer is America adopting a single payer national health care plan.


Chas,

 

National single-payer health “care” plan? As far as I know there none of those on this planet. However…

 

There are national single-payer health “insurance” plans. Is that what you are refering to? Health “insurance”?

 

Along that line: Each of the other 36 developed  countries and many of the under developed countries have a  national single-payer health “insurance” plan. Why?

 

Each implemented that to get rid of the “national” health insurance nightmare problem that we have. None have that problem anymore. We still do. Why?

 

Our Republican Obamacare health “insurance” plan was supposed to get rid of it. We all know how well that worked.

 

Note: Obamacare, Medicare, and Medicaid are health “insurance” plans. Not one is a health "care" plan. If you need some kind of health care do not go to one of those offices.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
338
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
371
Views

Re: Senator Shaheens Take On Trumpcare

371 Views
Message 4 of 21

@ChasKy53 wrote:

 


It is becoming clearer and clearer that the only viable answer is America adopting a single payer national health care plan.


After all the jockeying for advantage between ideologues is over, statespersons would do that.

 

Aong the way there are interim measures that would allow for private enterprise to function in the interests of the People IF they would.  They would have to voluntarily limit profit.  Adequate Health Care IS a necessity.  The People cannot do without it and shouldn't have to.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
371
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
379
Views

Re: Senator Shaheens Take On Trumpcare

379 Views
Message 5 of 21

@GailL1 wrote:

rker321

I believe you are confusing "older people" with "seniors".

 

In this thread we are talking about the individual healthcare marketplace and it's risk factors to premiums.  We are NOT talking about Medicare.

 

The individual marketplace has to have a weighted balance of healthy to unhealthy in order for premiums to be held down.  One of the problems with Obamacare (ACA) was that younger people ( 20 - 35 ) did not sign up because they didn't see the need based on their health or that it was too expensive based on their finances.  Paying the penalty, if they couldn't find a way out of it, was a better option for them financially.

 

So we have to find a way to get these young and healthy into the marketplace to balance out the healthy to the unhealthy, many of which are older people, the age before they can go on Medicare.

 


It is becoming clearer and clearer that the only viable answer is America adopting a single payer national health care plan.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
379
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
386
Views

Re: Senator Shaheens Take On Trumpcare

386 Views
Message 6 of 21

Whatever is done it has to be paid for.  That will not be in dollars, which after all is only a medium of exchange.  It will be in the amount of time a human being spends of his/her life. 

 

We must recognize that simple fact.  Without an organized society, we perish.  Society must function fairly as a condition of continuation.  We pay for what we get....it has to be that way.

 

All else is subterfuge intended to convey advantage.  You pick the players.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
386
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
392
Views

Re: Senator Shaheens Take On Trumpcare

392 Views
Message 7 of 21

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@Tom5678 wrote:
why don't/can't we just OPEN MEDICARE for ALL, NOW!!!

BECAUSE the only way Medicare works is everybody spent 30-40 YEARS contributing to their "insurance" policy WITHOUT collecting any benefits so when they retired they could collect the benefits WITHOUT paying.

 

What we need is a system that requires EVERYONE to contribute to the "premiums" so everyone can afford medical coverage. It's the basis of Civilization - everyone contributes from their surplus so everyone has a better life. Republicans somehow think there was a time when everyone paid taxes, but that has not been the case for the last 11,000 years or so.


What we need is a Congress that does it's job - including funding all it's obligations to all it's citizens in a timely manner..............................................

 

We haven't had a Functional US Congress for at least 6 years and I wouldn;t argue with anyone who said it's probably more like 30 years

 

 

 

 

 

 

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
392
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
395
Views

Re: Senator Shaheens Take On Trumpcare

395 Views
Message 8 of 21

@Tom5678 wrote:
why don't/can't we just OPEN MEDICARE for ALL, NOW!!!

BECAUSE the only way Medicare works is everybody spent 30-40 YEARS contributing to their "insurance" policy WITHOUT collecting any benefits so when they retired they could collect the benefits WITHOUT paying.

 

What we need is a system that requires EVERYONE to contribute to the "premiums" so everyone can afford medical coverage. It's the basis of Civilization - everyone contributes from their surplus so everyone has a better life. Republicans somehow think there was a time when everyone paid taxes, but that has not been the case for the last 11,000 years or so.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
395
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
400
Views

Re: Senator Shaheens Take On Trumpcare

400 Views
Message 9 of 21
why don't/can't we just OPEN MEDICARE for ALL, NOW!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
400
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
408
Views

Re: Senator Shaheens Take On Trumpcare

408 Views
Message 10 of 21
@alotofgrey wrote:
@Richva wrote:

When the doctors' associations, the hospital associations, and the associations representing the patients (AARP) all say it is a bad bill, you have to wonder if polticians really are the ones you want to be "fixing" your nation's healthcare. I seem to remember Obamacare was crafted over 2 years with input from insurance companies and medcal associations.  None of that happened with the Republican version. I suspect it was typed up by a group of monkeys on PCP over a weekend. 

Richiva,

 

Health care problem?  What health care problem? As far as I know, we don’t have one. Our health care system is one of the best on this planet. However….

 

We do have a health “insurance” problem. Is that the problem you are referring to?

 

Note: The Republicans said their ACA market based  health “insurance” program would fix our health “insurance” problem Unfortunately it did not. So now they say their replacement will. Why am I skeptical?

 

1. U.S. spends more on health care than other high-income countries but has worse outcomes

 

2. Despite spending more on health care, Americans had poor health outcomes, including shorter life expectancy and greater prevalence of chronic conditions.

 

3. According to the study, health care spending per person is highest in the U.S. not because Americans go to doctors and hospitals more often.

 

Source - http://www.commonwealthfund.org/publications/issue-briefs/2015/oct/us-health-care-from-a-global-pers...

 

1. Efficiency: On indicators of efficiency, the U.S. ranks last among the 11 countries, with the U.K. and Sweden ranking first and second, respectively. The U.S. has poor performance on measures of national health expenditures and administrative costs as well as on measures of administrative hassles, avoidable emergency room use, and duplicative medical testing.

 

2. Equity: The U.S. ranks a clear last on measures of equity. Americans with below-average incomes were much more likely than their counterparts in other countries to report not visiting a physician when sick; not getting a recommended test, treatment, or follow-up care; or not filling a prescription or skipping doses when needed because of costs. On each of these indicators, one-third or more lower-income adults in the U.S. said they went without needed care because of costs in the past year.

 

3. Healthy lives: The U.S. ranks last overall with poor scores on all three indicators of healthy lives — mortality amenable to medical care, infant mortality, and healthy life expectancy at age 60. Overall, France, Sweden, and Switzerland rank highest on healthy lives.

 

Source - https://www.forbes.com/sites/danmunro/2014/06/16/u-s-healthcare-ranked-dead-last-compared-to-10-othe...

 

1. The U.S. health care system has been subject to heated debate over the past decade, but one thing that has remained consistent is the level of performance, which has been ranked as the worst among industrialized nations for the fifth time, according to the 2014 Commonwealth Fund survey 2014. The U.K. ranked best with Switzerland following a close second.

 

Source - http://time.com/2888403/u-s-health-care-ranked-worst-in-the-developed-world/

 

1. America was 50th out of 55 countries in 2014, according to a Bloomberg index that assesses life expectancy, health-care spending per capita and relative spending as a share of gross domestic product.

 

2. Only Jordan, Colombia, Azerbaijan, Brazil and Russia ranked lower.

 

Source - https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-09-29/u-s-health-care-system-ranks-as-one-of-the-least-...

 

 

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
408
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors