Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Senator Orrin Hatch calls sick and dying children pigs feeding at the trough.

Message 1 of 74

My apologies I hit the wrong button. I look forward to giving your discussion a kudo in the future. 

Kids and grannies are important. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Senator Orrin Hatch calls sick and dying children pigs feeding at the trough.

Message 2 of 74

Mr. Krugman is certainly entitled to his opinions.

Now, about "Senator Orrin Hatch calls sick and dying children pigs feeding at the trough" anybody got anything to support that offensive lie?

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 74

An excerpt from Paul Krugman’s article NYTimes 12/7/17

THE REPUBLICAN WAR ON CHILDREN

Then there’s the argument of Senator Chuck Grassley that we need to eliminate estate taxes to reward those who don’t spend their money on “booze or women or movies.” Yes, indeed, letting the likes of Donald Trump Jr. inherit wealth tax-free is a reward for their fathers’ austere lifestyles.
Meanwhile, here’s the funny thing: While there is zero evidence that tax cuts pay for themselves, there’s considerable evidence that aiding lower-income children actually saves money in the long run.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 74

I'm still waiting to see any proof of the veracity of: 

Senator Orrin Hatch calls sick and dying children pigs feeding at the trough

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 74

@Olderscout66

I know what you mean about the benefit program for fed employees. I have had a few friends that worked for our government and sometimes was envious of their benefits program. To me that is so wacky from what Grassley did because all republicans had made a pact to oppose and impede anything that Obama did, even if was was a good program. And no surprise about republicans throwing people under the bus. They have no constructive programs and do not take responsibility for any the negative programs they try to lay on us. Our course there is the obstructionist dems to blame it on. The repubs just get pissed off because the dems won’t participate in the crappy programs they try to initiate. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 74

@williamb39198 wrote:

@bkohatl

@GailL1

@john258

@rk9152

@Olderscout66

So another couple of questions. I think there was mention of Grassley(?) passing an amendment requiring staff to purchase health insurance from ACA. It’s a percentage of cost? Is it deducted from their checks or is it a benefit?

And if the ACA is repealed where will they get insurance? Didn’t Grassley vote for repealing the ACA?

If so wouldn’t it be that he supports the amendment while voting against it?

I really miss a First Lady who is not trying to escape from the White House

Grassley did try and get Congress to nix ACA by making them part of it, so I'd guess he's figuring when GOPers kill ACA by removing the young healthy people, he and his staff will go back on the Federal Employees Health Benifit Program like before. FEHB is great because the Federal workforce is much better educated and has safer work environments that just about anyone not working on Wall Street, which is why Federal workers have such good insurance - they're (collectively) a VERY good risk. Would not be surprised if that really pops off Republicans, so they'll probably redesignate it the Federal Elected Official Health Benefit Program and throw the 2 million active feds and the retirees off and right under the bus.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 74

@GailL1 wrote:

john258 -

My link is from the federal government and it is what New Mexico has reported to them as to the eligibility standards in each of the social welfare programs covered - New Mexico controls these eligibility standards.

As far as the mineral rights go - you are not understanding me - New Mexico should get 100% of the mineral rights for mining/drilling on New Mexico land.

The Federal government should get nil, zero, nada - it is New Mexico land.

Right now the Feds split it with your state since they think of this land as "federal land" - they took it from your state or from the Indians.

Your state or the Indians depending upon where these mineral lands lie should get ALL of the mineral rights monies.

I know where your link is from, but I know what is happening in the real world and that is what I tell you. As I have suggested to you before stop going to national web sites as you will not get the real story. I am sure the state found a way to meet all regs. and do what it is doing as they have been doing it for some years now. Here is an example of why you stop going to the web. Small town about 12 miles north of us (it is in the news today) got a new school crossing guard paid for by Medicaid. The school even put out a press release a few month ago about it. Now I do not think the National guidelines for Medicaid tells all it will pay for crossing guards, but it has. Somehow they were able to fit that in under the rules you love. Do I agree with it? No I do not, but it was done. The State of NM should get its tax rate on extracting oil and gas from everyone and that includes the Feds. Glad you agree. There is nothing wrong with the Fed putting fees on top of state taxes when it comes from Fed. owned land. They should

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 74

@bkohatl

@GailL1

@john258

@rk9152

@Olderscout66

So another couple of questions. I think there was mention of Grassley(?) passing an amendment requiring staff to purchase health insurance from ACA. It’s a percentage of cost? Is it deducted from their checks or is it a benefit?

And if the ACA is repealed where will they get insurance? Didn’t Grassley vote for repealing the ACA?

If so wouldn’t it be that he supports the amendment while voting against it?

I really miss a First Lady who is not trying to escape from the White House

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 74

@john258

@GailL1

It seems that both of you have knowledge of different aspects concerning the healthcare structure which is not my area of expertise. I just know that having medical insurance, private and Medicare part B (now) I feel lucky. With a hip replacement, quitting smoking, and working with my doctor to bring under control blood sugar, cholesterol, and blood pressure. I feel like I’m a good case even at 67, for preventative medicine. I have mine, but I’m concerned about those who don’t have theirs. And just really feel that if the tax cuts go thru, the ACA is repealed, we’re not going to have to worry about the particulars of healthcare or entitlement programs...they won’t exist! Keep telling us what you. More information is better than no information.

As to comments about NM mineral rights, I live in Alaska and we have our 40 years of go rounds with the oil companies. Our delegation to Congress is all republican and just sold out on tax cuts and healthcare in order to drill in ANWR. In our state legislature the senate is controlled by republicans and of course we have to protect those poor little oil companies. Both of these legislative groups have the concern of citizens equivalent to a bag of rocks. But they are concerned about dollars! Keep up the input. 

I still miss a First Lady who does not want to escape from the White House

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 74

john258 -

My link is from the federal government and it is what New Mexico has reported to them as to the eligibility standards in each of the social welfare programs covered - New Mexico controls these eligibility standards.

As far as the mineral rights go - you are not understanding me - New Mexico should get 100% of the mineral rights for mining/drilling on New Mexico land.

The Federal government should get nil, zero, nada - it is New Mexico land.

Right now the Feds split it with your state since they think of this land as "federal land" - they took it from your state or from the Indians.

Your state or the Indians depending upon where these mineral lands lie should get ALL of the mineral rights monies.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs