From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Senate acts to defund DOJ med pot attack

Message 1 of 35

Putting peoplein jail for Pot is like putting them in jail for having a beer was during that Prohaibition. Marajuana needs to be legalized NOW, and all the other class 1's DECRIMINALIZED at the same time. Nixon's War on Drugs Blacks and hippies use has been a much more catastrophic disaster than the banning of alcoholic beverages was from 1919 to 1933. All we're doing is financing criminal syndicates that takeover entire countries while our "justice(sic) system destroys families and lives while wasting hundreds of billions we desparately need elsewhere. We can't stop it by locking up the addicts, so why do we insist on continuting this insane process? Lock up the ones who make and distribute it while giving the addict a safe, very low cost place to get their fix in safety, all financed with the money we WON'T be spending maintaing 52% of our current prison population who are in there because of NONVIOLENT drug offenses.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 35

@afisher wrote:

One really has to be some weird sort of polly-anna.    They endorse the Catch-22 - once their are a sufficient number of studies about the safety of THC can we move forward...except that has been the same argument for decades and the purseholders are also the people who will grant access to THC  - which they have refused to release because of the Drug Classification.

The whackadoodle anti-marijuana nutters are blatant liars.

Of ALL the schedule 1 drugs, marijuana is the ONLY ONE that has no fatal dosage level.

In fact - there has NEVER been a fatality scientifically and medically verified to be solely the result of a marijuana "overdose" - statements to the contrary cannot be scientifically validated because they are yet another of those "oxy-republican" lies that conservative "maroons" swallow along with the koolaide...

The concept of a fatality solely due to a marijuana overdose is just as impossible as the myth of a rational, honest, and honorable trump supporter...

trump supporters - by being trump supporters - have self-certified not being rational, honest, or honorable - QED.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 35

One really has to be some weird sort of polly-anna.    They endorse the Catch-22 - once their are a sufficient number of studies about the safety of THC can we move forward...except that has been the same argument for decades and the purseholders are also the people who will grant access to THC  - which they have refused to release because of the Drug Classification.

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 35

@GailL1 wrote:

Until We Meet Again

We will not meet again.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 35

@pc6063 wrote:

Gail--People aren't dying touching marijuana, it's the much harder stuff--nothing to do with pot.

You need to reread my post which you are commenting upon since it my statement answering another poster -

" We Seem to stay busy with the poisonous Chinese made Fentanyl + some other synthetic opiates. People are dying just touching the stuff."

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 35

Gail--People aren't dying touching marijuana, it's the much harder stuff--nothing to do with pot.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 35

Deleted by author

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 35

alfredpacker wrote

Your state is putting people in prison that aren't getting sent to prison in my state - and it's costing you more in taxes for your state's stupidity.
Bye now

---------------------------

Not so much anymore - many of our cities and towns have already declassified a certain amount as a misdemeanor with a small fine, if any.  

Only large amount, I.e distributors, get arrested and are doing jail time.

We Seem to stay busy with the poisonous Chinese made Fentanyl + some other synthetic opiates.  People are dying just touching the stuff.

Bye to you too - have a GREAT evening . . . . . Until We Meet Again . . . PEACE !

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 35

@GailL1 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@GailL1 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

All of the slightly off-topic legalization stuff notwithstanding -

The FACT is that the Senate enacted a budgetary amendment that has the effect of defunding DOJ planed actions to target medical marijuana sellers and users.

Good - hope it makes it through the rest of the appropriations.

Still doesn't solve the logistical problem which we have with marijuana today - the medical one and the rec one.

A problem that's much worse in your state than in mine...

Not necessarily, to be determined by what happens.

It is my guess that the medical benefits of marijuana will be pursued and if found with approved studies that it really has great medical benefits which I think, it will.

then it will be approved as any other medicine - conditons, dosage, side effects, long term use, etc. will all be documented and issued.  

It it will be rescheduled but perhaps not much further down. That is the problem with the rec use.

I don't know what they will do about legal recreational use - I think your state and the others where rec use is legal had better get all the documentation together and further it, bring it up to date as to useage and then file a lawsuit with the other states to seek legal status regardless of what Schedule it ends up on the Controlled Substance Act.

Do you see them removing it from the Controlled Substance Act all together - i don't and that will make legal rec use questionable.

Perhaps all those rec users could run out and get a scrip as to what ails them - 

after the medical info has been issued and approved.

I just don't think this is gonna end well for specifically the rec industry and users - unless it can go Over-the- Counter Woman Wink

Your state is putting people in prison that aren't getting sent to prison in my state - and it's costing you more in taxes for your state's stupidity.

Bye now...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 35

@pc6063 wrote:

Agreed AP--medical marijuana is much different than recreational marijuana. I thought everyone knew that.

Same source - perhaps just a different composition 

Just like that singer that got arrested here -'he said it was for medical purposes - anxiety - but he had it in buds and was smoking it - most people here use the oil THC for their medical needs.

The children which I mentioned earlier in my 1st post on this thread, wouldn't be able to smoke it and actually even eat it.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors