Get the vision care news and information you need in the AARP Eye Center.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Senate Unanimous Resolution Media Not Enemy

Message 31 of 74

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

When Hitler rose to power in Germany, one of his first targets was the press. Once HItler knew there would be no more criticism coming from the press, he was on his way to becoming a dictator. Every dictator understands the power of a free press.

Still stuck back in the pre-war days in Hitler's Germany? 

How has Trump hindered the media from publishing what they want?

The word "press" is also the entire news media. So you disagree that trump has often tried to suppress the media?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 74

@rker321 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

But is that not definition of the Progressive Movement? And do you not think that the government owns all money and decides who gets what?

And - what is this "vile racism" you see??

But  Rk  you just told us that you didn't believe that the media was not the enemy just the biased media was, but you have not told us who do you think is the biased media So how are we to know who is biased and who is not if you don't tell us

This has been a discussion for years. Are you playing a game here?

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 74

@rk9152 wrote:

But is that not definition of the Progressive Movement? And do you not think that the government owns all money and decides who gets what?

And - what is this "vile racism" you see??

But  Rk  you just told us that you didn't believe that the media was not the enemy just the biased media was, but you have not told us who do you think is the biased media So how are we to know who is biased and who is not if you don't tell us

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 74

@KidBoy2 wrote:

umbarch64 posted...

So, when does the press actually become 'the enemy of the people' kid? When a liar declares something? 'The donald' is a liar, you know?

As you well know...I'm not a fan of any media that cannot or will not separate fact from opinion. Whether done on purpose, out of ignorance or sheer incompetence doesn't matter much. The consequences are nearly indistinguishable. Fact checking tells the tale about that, not duplicity.

'Gossip over the back-yard fence" is not something to be admired. The probability those who indulge 'get it right' is slim to non-existent. Gossip is more often than not intended to damage....not inform. You do think gossip is reprehensible, do you not?

Gossip amounts to a lie you can deny you ever said. Do so and that would be another lie. Sure raises serious question[s] about character. So....when is someone 'entitled' to accept representations of a proven liar? That issue is often used in court. So what say you, kid? Hmmmmm?

A person who has lied has shown their character. Everything they now say is suspect and has to be substantiated before 'believed'.

Fact checking sources I've seen uniformly show 'the donald' has lied. He continues to lie as demonstrated by his abysmal daily performances. I'd say there is no rational reason to think he will not continue to lie and do so without any compunction what-so-ever.

I am more than a bit puzzled about why you think letting a liar declare what is or is not 'Fake News' makes sense. Not rational, so it is. Makes a person into a fool, so it does.

Control access to information allows the dishonest a tool to be used against the honest. 'The donald' has shown himself to be dishonest. You willingly bought it and now defend it. You own it and all the implications that go with it.

=====================================================================

I posted..

I see you are one that is following Trump so that would make you and others "Trump Followers". That is a good thing everyone should be following what are leaders are doing and why...I question if you follow the why...it seems that you and your fellow left wing Trump hatters are blind to the why...posts indicate that.

Wake up and be thankful for the good things ...be happy!

And you post this about me.." You willingly bought it and now defend it. You own it and all the implications that go with it."

That is a great example of false news and posting lies about another poster never have defended Trump when he says things that are not true. I say shame on you!!!!

I see something upset you.  I see that you do admit Trump is a liar.  I don't see where you condemn that practice, find it reprehensible, or disagree with it.  Indeed you invite and even demand his 'critics' take 'why' he lies into account as a reason to excuse his lying. 

I have never seen your posts denounce anything 'the donald' did, implied, lied about or equivocated about....or one that expressed disagreement with any of his expressed intentions, actions or expressed and implied belief. 

Everything I have seen you post expresses support and approval for the man and/or the faction of the Republican Party responsible for his election.  IF that is not a defense, perhaps you would explain how it differs.

I'd say that means, "you bought it".  I don't see you have ever separated yourself from any part of the package and so it all belongs to you now.  Good or bad.  I see nothing good that serves to countebalance the bad. Even if there were, you have not seen fit to publically separate them that I have seen that identifies anything you consider bad.  It is possible I missed it somewhere.  So show me.

Your posts openly defend the man, his actions and those of his supporters.  Your posts overtly disparage those who disagree.  I'd say that means you 'defend' all that.  

IF you now have second thoughts about 'the donald', an honest remorse about either your support for this demagogue, or posts you have made that mislead an unwary reader, now is the time to say so.  I suspect I am not the only one watching to see what you actually do.  I stand by the accuracy of what I say....now it's your turn.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 74

@rk9152 wrote:

How do you "stave off" people becoming LGTBQUE?

That's not possible - people are born straight or gay or bi.

Only deranged dolts and morons don't accept that scientific reality.

Another scientific reality - fifty percent of fertilized human eggs - even before any kind of birth control methods existed - have always failed to implant and remain implanted...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 74

@ManicProgressive wrote:

There are none so blind as those who will not see. 

Yes, so I hear. But what about the antithesis - those who see what isn't there? Examples:

- I know the “why.” He’s narcissistic and that blinds him. He also seems to be in a state of mental decline. Dementia perhaps. 

What are you qualifications to make such a determination?

- And their agenda is to stave off whites becoming the minority

How do you know that?

- but also other people of color, as well as religious minorities, and LGTBQ.

How do you "stave off" people becoming LGTBQUE?

- The anti-immigration movement was a primary goal of Steve Bannon, and still is of Stephen Miller.

It isn't anti-immigration. It is defining our goals from immigration.

- He rescinded DACA without ensuring Congress came up with a solution

Have the DACA kids been shipped out??

- He has discontinued Temporary Protected Status of several groups, including Haitians, El Salvadorans, Nicaragua, and Sudan.

Did you notice the word "Temporary". How long is "Temporary" to you?

....and the beat goes on.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 74

@KidBoy2 wrote:

=========================================================

Your racist opinion ...that you can not back up because what you posted about is not true. It's what you made up...there is a lot of that going around.

Words have meanings...be careful how you use they.

And she is the one who posted on another topic about 'code words'?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 74

There are none so blind as those who will not see. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 74
TemperMental67 posted..

Nope. All facts. The anti-immigration movement was a primary goal of Steve Bannon, and still is of Stephen Miller. Stephen Miller has long wanted to significantly cut back on legal immigration. Even Lindsay Graham says he has too much influence over Trump:

"As long as Stephen Miller is in charge of negotiating immigration, we are going nowhere. He's been an outlier for years," Graham told reporters at the Capitol. "I've talked with the president; his heart is right on this issue. He's got a good understanding of what will sell. And every time we have a proposal, it is only yanked back by staff members."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/stephen-miller-immigration-agitator-and-white-house-survivor...

Then-Homeland Security Director John Kelley stating on TV that he wanted to deliberately separate migrant children from their parents in an effort to deter migration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luvswjOAyPg

Trump reversed the policy that allowed transgender people to join the military.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/05/us/military-transgender-recruits.html

He rescinded DACA without ensuring Congress came up with a solution, thereby making certain immigrants who had a legal status fall back into illegal status. He didn't have to do that. He could have waited and forced Congress to act first. http://thehill.com/latino/348848-sessions-says-DACA-to-end-in-six-months

He's discharging some LEGAL immigrants from the military.

“Since this country has been so good to me, I thought it was the least I could do to give back to my adopted country and serve in the United States military."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-army-discharge-immigrant-recruits-citizenship-t...

He has discontinued Temporary Protected Status of several groups, including Haitians, El Salvadorans, Nicaragua, and Sudan. Again shifting certain immigrants from legal status to illegal status. "The **bleep**hole countries" (His words, not mine).

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-has-ended-temporary-protection-status-for-4-countries-2018-1

He's proposing a rule that forbids legal immigrants from obtaining citizenship if they use legal programs or tax breaks, like the Earned Income Tax Credit.

"These changes are clearly aimed at immigrants here lawfully, since undocumented individuals are already ineligible for nearly all of the benefits and tax credits in question. The changes also would mean that some individuals seeking to come into the United States lawfully to join family could be kept out if anyone in their family has received, or if immigration officials consider them likely to receive, any of these benefits in the future."

https://www.cbpp.org/research/poverty-and-inequality/trump-rule-would-threaten-low-wage-legal-immigr...

All of these policy changes, plus others that he has proposed, like ending family migration, could delay by five years when whites become a minority. From 2044 to 2049.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2018/02/06/trump-immigration-plan-could-keep-whites-in-u...

===================================

I give you credit for trying to back up what you stated as fact. Sorry you did not.

This is what you posted..

TemperMental67 posted..

I know the “why.” He’s narcissistic and that blinds him. He also seems to be in a state of mental decline. Dementia perhaps. So I think he’s being manipulated by people who know how to play narcissists. And their agenda is to stave off whites becoming the minority as long as possible by enacting policies and laws that disproportionately hurt immigrants most of all, but also other people of color, as well as religious minorities, and LGTBQ. This administration mirrors the very bottom of the GOP barrel that cares only to support Constitutional rights for wealthy white Christian males and people who benefit from their staying in power.

That is is your racist opinion...you posted it ..you own it!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 74

@KidBoy2 wrote:
TemperMental67 posted..

I know the “why.” He’s narcissistic and that blinds him. He also seems to be in a state of mental decline. Dementia perhaps. So I think he’s being manipulated by people who know how to play narcissists. And their agenda is to stave off whites becoming the minority as long as possible by enacting policies and laws that disproportionately hurt immigrants most of all, but also other people of color, as well as religious minorities, and LGTBQ. This administration mirrors the very bottom of the GOP barrel that cares only to support Constitutional rights for wealthy white Christian males and people who benefit from their staying in power.

=========================================================

Your racist opinion ...that you can not back up because what you posted about is not true. It's what you made up...there is a lot of that going around.

Nope.  All facts.   The anti-immigration movement was a primary goal of Steve Bannon, and still is of Stephen Miller.   Stephen Miller has long wanted to significantly cut back on legal immigration.    Even Lindsay Graham says he has too much influence over Trump:

"As long as Stephen Miller is in charge of negotiating immigration, we are going nowhere. He's been an outlier for years," Graham told reporters at the Capitol. "I've talked with the president; his heart is right on this issue. He's got a good understanding of what will sell. And every time we have a proposal, it is only yanked back by staff members."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/stephen-miller-immigration-agitator-and-white-house-survivor...

Then-Homeland Security Director John Kelley stating on TV that he wanted to deliberately separate migrant children from their parents in an effort to deter migration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luvswjOAyPg

Trump reversed the policy that allowed transgender people to join the military.  

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/05/us/military-transgender-recruits.html

He rescinded DACA without ensuring Congress came up with a solution, thereby making certain immigrants who had a legal status fall back into illegal status.  He didn't have to do that.   He could have waited and forced Congress to act first.  http://thehill.com/latino/348848-sessions-says-DACA-to-end-in-six-months

He's discharging some LEGAL immigrants from the military.  

“Since this country has been so good to me, I thought it was the least I could do to give back to my adopted country and serve in the United States military."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-army-discharge-immigrant-recruits-citizenship-t...

He has discontinued Temporary Protected Status of several groups, including Haitians, El Salvadorans, Nicaragua, and Sudan.   Again shifting certain immigrants from legal status to illegal status.   "The **bleep**hole countries" (His words, not mine).

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-has-ended-temporary-protection-status-for-4-countries-2018-1

He's proposing a rule that forbids legal immigrants from obtaining citizenship if they use legal programs or tax breaks, like the Earned Income Tax Credit.  

"These changes are clearly aimed at immigrants here lawfully, since undocumented individuals are already ineligible for nearly all of the benefits and tax credits in question. The changes also would mean that some individuals seeking to come into the United States lawfully to join family could be kept out if anyone in their family has received, or if immigration officials consider them likely to receive, any of these benefits in the future."

https://www.cbpp.org/research/poverty-and-inequality/trump-rule-would-threaten-low-wage-legal-immigr...

All of these policy changes, plus others that he has proposed, like ending family migration, could delay by five years when whites become a minority.  From 2044 to 2049. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2018/02/06/trump-immigration-plan-could-keep-whites-in-u...

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors