Prevention is the best medicine when it comes to avoiding surprise medical bills! Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Senate Report findings: Russian election meddling even more extensive than known previously

Message 41 of 53

@Tom5678 wrote:
Highly recommend you read the article.

I did but Ken Dilanian and Ben Popken are not posting here - you are. The reason I asked is because if Macys and Kohls use similar marketing techniques that would not mean they are colluding - it would mean that they are both using what they consider to be the best.

Does that make sense?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Senate Report findings: Russian election meddling even more extensive than known previously

Message 42 of 53

I would say that the 2016 Putin/Russian election ambush and the resulting turmoil now broiling throughout this country illustrates just how effective their efforts were.  Not only did they get their guy in the White House,  but they have in effect torn this country apart as "we" (i.e. YOU and ME -- US) find ourselves at each others throats on this site and others and in bars and across our own dining room tables.  In fact, we are no longer conservative Americans and liberal Americans who simply disagree on certain issues or ideologies.  No.  Now,  we see each other as enemies; enemy combatants even with chants of "lock her or him up" as our righteous war cry.  So see, Russia/Putin has won this battle so far as we have already been divided.  Next, if we are not careful, we (i.e you, me, and our nation as we know it) could be defeated.  Remember: Divide and Conquer is the name of the game in the Art of War!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 53
From what I understand the interference is ongoing by Russia. There is much we can do between now and 2020, the problem sits in the White House.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 53

I just hope that this Country learns from this experience. We take all the necessary steps to never let any foreign government influence our elections again.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 53
you can't rule that out. Russia used all forms of social media. It wouldn't surprise me one bit.
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 53

I seriously wonder if some of the most insistent Trump supporters right here on these forums are, in fact, Russian social bots designed to spread pro-Trump propaganda.  I'm thinking this because some of their reasoning is beyond reason or good sense!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 53

Tom5678

I read the article. Wow!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 53
Highly recommend you read the article.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 53

@Tom5678 wrote:
It has been brought up that many of the same styles and tactics the Russians used, the Trump campaign also used. So that begs the question, was there coordination? I think the answer is yes.

What style and techniques are you talking about?

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Senate Report findings: Russian election meddling even more extensive than known previously

Message 50 of 53

Tom's report can't possibly be correct. Both Trump and Fox repeatedly told their viewers this was fake news.,

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors