AARP and the photographers of Magnum Photos look at older people living in new ways around the world in A New Age.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Senate Report findings: Russian election meddling even more extensive than known previously

Message 31 of 53

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Tom5678 wrote:
Highly recommend you read the article.

I did but Ken Dilanian and Ben Popken are not posting here - you are. The reason I asked is because if Macys and Kohls use similar marketing techniques that would not mean they are colluding - it would mean that they are both using what they consider to be the best.

Does that make sense?

No. If you suddenly realized Macy's was running ads that promoted shopping at Kohl's you could easily conclude someone in Macy's ad department was working for and with Kohl's. Right?

So when Russia:

1. Hacks the DNC and Trump uses the stolen emails

2. Hacks State voting records to identify individuals by party

3. Hacks Social media to obtain massive amounts of personal data

4. Places HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of anti-Hillary posts on social media directed to make her look bad to her supporters  and incite long-term non-voters to get to the polls to vote against her (see #2 and #3 above)

5. Those anti-Hillary posts going to people of color in Philadelphia suppressed the vote by more than Trumps margin of victory in Pennsylvania

6. The anti-Hillary posts to those who haven't voted in years in the other 3 swing states is many times more than Trumps margine of victory in WS, MI, and OH.

Do you still claim there's no conspiracy?

Or do you insist that such pervasive connectivity is accidental?

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Tom5678 wrote:

I did but Ken Dilanian and Ben Popken are not posting here - you are. The reason I asked is because if Macys and Kohls use similar marketing techniques that would not mean they are colluding - it would mean that they are both using what they consider to be the best.

Does that make sense?

No. If you suddenly realized Macy's was running ads that promoted shopping at Kohl's you could easily conclude someone in Macy's ad department was working for and with Kohl's. Right?

So when Russia:

4. Places HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of anti-Hillary posts on social media directed to make her look bad to her supporters  and incite long-term non-voters to get to the polls to vote against her (see #2 and #3 above)

5. Those anti-Hillary posts going to people of color in Philadelphia suppressed the vote by more than Trumps margin of victory in Pennsylvania

6. The anti-Hillary posts to those who haven't voted in years in the other 3 swing states is many times more than Trumps margine of victory in WS, MI, and OH.

A perfect example of the flaw in your thinking is #4. Of course Trump was anti-Hillary. That similarity just shows reasonable campaigning on the part of the Trump campaign - not collusion.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Senate Report findings: Russian election meddling even more extensive than known previously

Message 32 of 53

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Never expect a Trump Cult member to deal with the FACTS. They will change the subject or make it personal. 

The FACTS are obvious to any objective person. Every U.S. Intelligence agency has documented the Russian Cyberattacks on our Democracy. Yet we have a President who does nothing about it and even pretends it isn't true. Why?

Why, you ask. Two reasons:

1. It's how he stole the election and will need it again in 2020

2. It's how he keeps Putin from releasing the Golden Shower video

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Senate Report findings: Russian election meddling even more extensive than known previously

Message 33 of 53

Never expect a Trump Cult member to deal with the FACTS. They will change the subject or make it personal. 

The FACTS are obvious to any objective person. Every U.S. Intelligence agency has documented the Russian Cyberattacks on our Democracy. Yet we have a President who does nothing about it and even pretends it isn't true. Why?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 53

We have a radical left wing poster that thinks calling a poster repeatedly (with a differing opinion) a Trump cult member, proves him correct.  Dream on.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Senate Report findings: Russian election meddling even more extensive than known previously

Message 35 of 53

Although we have a Trump Cult member constantly trying to change the subject, it's a fact that virtually every U.S. Intelligence Agency has confirmed the headline of this thread. It's not even debatable.

It's also a fact that our president is doing nothing about the cyberattacks from Russia, other than pretending they never happened.,

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 53

@rk9152 wrote:

@Tom5678 wrote:

Does that make sense?

So when Russia:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 53

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

I would say that the 2016 Putin/Russian election ambush and the resulting turmoil now broiling throughout this country illustrates just how effective their efforts were.  Not only did they get their guy in the White House,  but they have in effect torn this country apart as "we" (i.e. YOU and ME -- US) find ourselves at each others throats on this site and others and in bars and across our own dining room tables.  In fact, we are no longer conservative Americans and liberal Americans who simply disagree on certain issues or ideologies.  No.  Now,  we see each other as enemies; enemy combatants even with chants of "lock her or him up" as our righteous war cry.  So see, Russia/Putin has won this battle so far as we have already been divided.  Next, if we are not careful, we (i.e you, me, and our nation as we know it) could be defeated.  Remember: Divide and Conquer is the name of the game in the Art of War!

Exactly - look at the pussyhat parades right from the get-go and their cheering someone dreaming about blowing up the WH. The turmoil the Russians wanted began once the elections were over and the Dems were howling at the moon and continues today.

Calling someone you disagree with a Nazi certainly is an element in "Divide and Conquer".

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 53

@Tom5678 wrote:
From what I understand the interference is ongoing by Russia. There is much we can do between now and 2020, the problem sits in the White House.

On the other hand, isn't Mueller supposed to dealing with that instead of sex and taxi medallions?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 53

@Tom5678 wrote:
you can't rule that out. Russia used all forms of social media. It wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Good point - that Nazi, fascist, racist, sexist, xenophobe, homophobe, etc. jazz is all over the place. It does sound like a coordinated  effort.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 53

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

I seriously wonder if some of the most insistent Trump supporters right here on these forums are, in fact, Russian social bots designed to spread pro-Trump propaganda.  I'm thinking this because some of their reasoning is beyond reason or good sense!

On the other hand, since the objective of the Russians is to weaken us through division, do you suppose those folks calling Republicans Nazis, fascists, etc. might be those bots. Those claims are certainly "beyond reason or good sense".

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors