Honored Social Butterfly

Senate Passes Budget- Not One Cent 4 Wall

The Senate Just Passed Another Continuing Resolution To Fund The Government - Not One Cent For The Trump Memorial Wall

Now let's remember - this was Trumps Major Campaign Promise

"We are building a Wall and Mexico is going to pay for it"

Now if Trump cannot fulfill a Major Campaign Promise when he has a Republican Majority in Congress

Ain't No Way He's Going To Get His Wall With a Democratic House

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

A.   What is the cost estimate of the mystical Wall?

B.   Who is going to pay for this Wall?     

A.   Donald originally suggested that his vision would cost $50B...I suppose that includes all the graft and cost overages.    Then the cost decreased to $20 B... Wait a while, it dropped to   5-6 B and now the $$ is < $2 B.    

Meanwhile the RW consistently portrays MX as a third world nation - so how exactly are they supposed to come up with the 20B...or whatever.

i would suggest that RW perform a tad of due diligence before they rant / rave and perhaps then they would reconsider their demand in a checklist and comprehend how uniformed they appear.   

The RW fearmongering is nothing but a hate for people and a false set of ideas that the "wall" will solve all drug trafficking that Ronald Reagan embraced to target non-white people.  

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

More hilarious responses :   Apparently, the WALL will not be contiguous but it will be a wall.   The RW appears to not comprehend that the non-contiguous wall already exists and does work to funnel people seeking asylum to be funnelled into locations - so that these people are not flooding into all parts of the border.  

Even the lowest IQ Bush comprehended that a complete border wall was nonsense.

Ha ha ha, I too have been on the border in all 3 states mentioned, so what is the point of that stataement....I hypothesize that is mere distraction, along with the bevy of threads that are all about "others" and their go-to distraction that will allow other RW to write nonsense....much like children being kept amused while the adults have serious discussions in the kitchen.  

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Yes I was wrong, but FAIR underestimated those tax numbers. If NH wants to see the numerous flaws in the FAIR Study, he should check out this article from the CATO Institute.

https://www.cato.org/blog/fairs-fiscal-burden-illegal-immigration-study-fatally-flawed

NH keeps ignoring the bottom line and that is, illegal immigrants make tremendous contributions to our economy. Therefore, we have to weigh the additional costs against the immense benefits.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

NH and I can back and forth on this again and again, but here's the bottom line which everyone should understand. There's almost universal agreement in the world of economics that if we could magically remove the 12 million or so illegal immigrants from America (sending them back to their original country), we would have a RECESSION.

That's how important illegal immigrants are to our economy. Nobody's claiming they don't increase costs to the taxpayer, but we have to weigh the numerous benefits against those costs.

Finally, the children of illegal immigrants are often the most successful children in our country. So in addition to helping our economy now, they are creating a positive future for America.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@CriticalThinking wrote:

NH and I can back and forth on this again and again, but here's the bottom line which everyone should understand. There's almost universal agreement in the world of economics that if we could magically remove the 12 million or so illegal immigrants from America (sending them back to their original country), we would have a RECESSION.

That's how important illegal immigrants are to our economy. Nobody's claiming they don't increase costs to the taxpayer, but we have to weigh the numerous benefits against those costs.

Finally, the children of illegal immigrants are often the most successful children in our country. So in addition to helping our economy now, they are creating a positive future for America.

So, you are admitting you were wrong again and they did consider state , local taxes, and SS.  Legal immigration we should all be encouraging but illegal aliens are a detriment to our country both economically, culturally, and safety. That's what we can agree on.  They are a big drain on our country and we all should do everything in our power to curtail this illegal activity.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

So, you are admitting you were wrong again and they did consider state , local taxes, and SS.  Legal immigration we should all be encouraging but illegal aliens are a detriment to our country both economically, culturally, and safety. That's what we can agree on.  They are a big drain on our country and we all should do everything in our power to curtail this illegal activity.

The only Quantifiable Drain on our Country - is the Absolute Dilution of America's White Supremacy

AND

If you were a Honest Person - you would admit that is really what this Uproar from Trump - The Trump Cult & you is all about at least on this issue!

" )
" - Anonymous

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@mickstuder wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

The only Quantifiable Drain on our Country - is the Absolute Dilution of America's White Supremacy

AND

If you were a Honest Person - you would admit that is really what this Uproar from Trump - The Trump Cult & you is all about at least on this issue! 

Legal immigration I'm all for while illegal aliens, not so much. Just like locks provide a deterrent to illegally enter your house, a wall is a deterrent to illegal immigration.  The left is totally wrong on this issue as you are.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

AND

Legal immigration I'm all for while illegal aliens, not so much. Just like locks provide a deterrent to illegally enter your house, a wall is a deterrent to illegal immigration.  The left is totally wrong on this issue as you are.

Tell us in detail how the wall will work in Texas, New Mexico, AZ based on your first hand knowledge of the border there.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

AND

Tell us in detail how the wall will work in Texas, New Mexico, AZ based on your first hand knowledge of the border there.

The "wall" will exist where a wall is practical and where the terrain prohibits entry naturally, there will be no wall.  BTW, I have been at the border in all three states you mentioned and I am familiar with the terrain as you are NOT!

The shutdown affects no one so who cares how long the government is shut down!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/12/21/government-shutdown-how-does-affect-you-what...

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

AND

The "wall" will exist where a wall is practical and where the terrain prohibits entry naturally, there will be no wall.  BTW, I have been at the border in all three states you mentioned and I am familiar with the terrain as you are NOT!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/12/21/government-shutdown-how-does-affect-you-what...

You did not answer my question. You gave me some article you read. I have been to the border also many times as I live in a border state. The last time was about 3 weeks ago. Now tell me how the terrain and special living will be effected by a border wall. Start in Texas and work west. Your last sentence shows you understand little about the shutdown. It will effect a lot of people and that includes you.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

AND

You did not answer my question. You gave me some article you read. I have been to the border also many times as I live in a border state. The last time was about 3 weeks ago. Now tell me how the terrain and special living will be effected by a border wall. Start in Texas and work west. Your last sentence shows you understand little about the shutdown. It will effect a lot of people and that includes you.

That shows how little you know about the terrain and the shutdown. The shutdown will not affect me in the least and probably not you either. Most people are unaffected. Those that are affected are included in the USAToday article I have posted (few people affected).

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

AND

That shows how little you know about the terrain and the shutdown. The shutdown will not affect me in the least and probably not you either. Most people are unaffected. Those that are affected are included in the USAToday article I have posted (few people affected).

You did not answer my question. The question was how the wall will work in Texas, NM, AZ  based on your first hand knowledge not how the Trump govt. shutdown will effect people. The Trump shutdown will effect everyone over time and has started to do that now.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

AND

You did not answer my question. The question was how the wall will work in Texas, NM, AZ  based on your first hand knowledge not how the Trump govt. shutdown will effect people. The Trump shutdown will effect everyone over time and has started to do that now.

I answered your two questions already. I'm not going into detail with you on either. The shutdown will affect me not at all, even if it stays closed. Where the wall can't be built, other ways will be devised and the terrain will take care of some of the border.  Sounds like you are not at all familiar with the area.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

AND

I answered your two questions already. I'm not going into detail with you on either. The shutdown will affect me not at all, even if it stays closed. Where the wall can't be built, other ways will be devised and the terrain will take care of some of the border.  Sounds like you are not at all familiar with the area.

You answered neither question, and you do not go into detail as you have none. That is Trumps problem to. In fact that is the entire far right problem. They have not a clue on how to handle the border, but put what ever comes into their head as what should be done, and in the end nothing correct is  done.

The shutdown will effect 800,000 Fed. employees, and the places they live. There is something like a factor of 10 when you measure the impact on the economies of the areas  they live in. There will be employees of contractors to the Feds. who will never be paid at a later date which happily will happen with the Fed. employees, and that will cost the taxpayers more money so you will be effected by higher taxes. There will be all kind of business who will loose due to this. A lot of vacation areas around the country will be feeling it shortly, and they will lay off people. I live in a vacation western state and they are announcing what is closing tonight. There could be ski areas close that are on US land with US access roads.

Here we see how the far right care about no one but themselves. 800,000 people is the starting number effected and we are told by the far right they do not care about them since they are not effected. This is what Trump and his enablers have given the country. Well I do care about these people as should every true American and this Trump caused mess should never have happened. We can thank everyone who voted for rump for this as Trump has not changed in 70 years yet they voted for him.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Not Happening is so biased on this issue that he's not thinking clearly. For those who deal with facts, the FAIR study did not calculate any of the following in their study of Illegal immigrants who:

• Pay Sales Taxes
  • Pay Property Taxes
  • Are often the heart and soul of many businesses which hire them
  • Pay Social Security Taxes but usually don't receive any benefits
  • It's estimated they paid hundreds of billions into the Social Security Trust Fund

Fair counted millions of extra people (4.2 million) which made their final numbers completely inaccurate.If I had millions of people and then multiple that bogus number numerous times, I can also make the figures for illegal immigrants look horrible.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Not Happening is so biased on this issue that he's not thinking clearly. For those who deal with facts, the FAIR study did not calculate any of the following in their study of Illegal immigrants who:

• Pay Sales Taxes
  • Pay Property Taxes
  • Are often the heart and soul of many businesses which hire them
  • Pay Social Security Taxes but usually don't receive any benefits
  • It's estimated they paid hundreds of billions into the Social Security Trust Fund

Fair counted millions of extra people which made their final numbers completely inaccurate.If I had millions of people and then multiple that bogus number numerous times, I can also make the figures for illegal immigrants look horrible.

You are wrong again (as usual).  The Fair Study did include all taxes paid in (state & local), did include SS payments and all the things you said weren't included.  Take a look AGAIN and see that your post is totally inaccurate!

https://fairus.org/issue/publications-resources/fiscal-burden-illegal-immigration-united-states-taxp...

Honored Social Butterfly

Not posted..

You are wrong again (as usual). The Fair Study did include all taxes paid in (state & local), did include SS payments and all the things you said weren't included. Take a look AGAIN and see that your post is totally inaccurate!

https://fairus.org/issue/publications-resources/fiscal-burden-illegal-immigration-united-states-taxp...

I have found that trying to get posters like CT to understand is like talking to my cat..my cat is deaf.

Total Economic Impact of Illegal Immigration 116 Billion! And Nancy and Chuck are having a Hissy Fit over spending 5 Billion to protect our country...it shows they do not care about keeping country

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:
And Nancy and Chuck are having a Hissy Fit over spending 5 Billion to protect our country...it shows they do not care about keeping country

This is where you all on the right keep getting it wrong. Nancy, Chuck, and the D's are not opposed to border security. The D's are opposed to Trump's freakin' wall. Most of you don't live anywhere near the southern border, yet you keep harping on the stupid wall. What they need are tons of new equipment and additional border agents, i.e. border security

"Music can change the world because it can change people." - Bono
Honored Social Butterfly

Friday December 21 2018 - Republican Controlled Congress Adjourns

Trump Government Shut-down Imminent

" )
" - Anonymous

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

There are many flaws in the heavily biased FAIR study, but here are some of them.

FAIR included in their cost estimates the nearly 4.2 million U.S. citizens who are the children of undocumented immigrants. By adding the citizen children to their undocumented population estimate of 12.5 million, FAIR looked at the total cost of roughly 16.7 million people

"They blame all the costs on the children, but ignore the taxes they will pay."

The FAIR study estimated an annual cost of $8,075 per person, so not including those citizens would reduce the estimate by more than $43.6 billion

Deconstructing the organization's math gets somewhat complicated beyond that figure, because the per-person rate includes $13.1 billion in spending on programs available only to citizens. The result of that is an inflation of the per-person rate overall.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@CriticalThinking wrote:

There are many flaws in the heavily biased FAIR study, but here are some of them.

FAIR included in their cost estimates the nearly 4.2 million U.S. citizens who are the children of undocumented immigrants. By adding the citizen children to their undocumented population estimate of 12.5 million, FAIR looked at the total cost of roughly 16.7 million people

"They blame all the costs on the children, but ignore the taxes they will pay."

The FAIR study estimated an annual cost of $8,075 per person, so not including those citizens would reduce the estimate by more than $43.6 billion

Deconstructing the organization's math gets somewhat complicated beyond that figure, because the per-person rate includes $13.1 billion in spending on programs available only to citizens. The result of that is an inflation of the per-person rate overall.

So using your assumption (legal children), the cost would be reduced to a COST of ONLY $73 billion per year for illegal aliens excluding their legal children (a big burden for illegal aliens)!

BUILD THE WALL and use the money for legal immigrants and U.S. citizens!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Here's a perfect example of right wing propaganda that Trump Cult members soak up because it fits into their narrative of the world.

"Illegal Immigration Costs the U.S. $116 billion each year."

For those who understand research and the scientific method, the above is hogwash. I've already illustrated the serious flaws in their research.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

You might want to visit the EDIT button and change the name of this thread...  $5.7B for the border security project...

You guys are just TOO FUNNY!!

VIMTSTL
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@jimc91 wrote:

You might want to visit the EDIT button and change the name of this thread...  $5.7B for the border security project...

And we should all accept your Premise because............................................????

Words Matter - Senate - House - Etc

FACTS

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Senate on Wednesday passed legislation to fund several federal agencies through Feb. 8 and avert a partial government shutdown, but without including $5 billion for a U.S.-Mexico border wall that President Donald Trump demanded.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-congress-budget/congress-to-push-stop-gap-funding-bill-with-n...

" )
" - Anonymous

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@mickstuder wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

And we should all accept your Premise because............................................????

Words Matter - Senate - House - Etc

FACTS

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Senate on Wednesday passed legislation to fund several federal agencies through Feb. 8 and avert a partial government shutdown, but without including $5 billion for a U.S.-Mexico border wall that President Donald Trump demanded.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-congress-budget/congress-to-push-stop-gap-funding-bill-with-n...

Facts: Trump will veto without funding for the wall!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@jimc91 wrote:

Your attempt to include a wall as an element of border security is not funny ha-ha. Have the Trumpettes realized the "Mexico will pay for it" bit was an absurd lie from the getgo, so now you want us to pay for it?

Now Der Trumper is fixin' to close down part of the Government, INCLUDING Home Land Security to satisfy the lunitic fringe that still supports him. Let's see how that works out.

The seven appropriations that will run out of money 21 Dec are:Agriculture; Commerce, Justice, Science; Financial Services & General Government; Homeland Security; Interior, Environment; State, Foreign Operations; and Transportation, HUD.

Please note the Orange Toad is cutting off the money he said he'd give farmers because his moronic Trade War is bankrupting them. Also DOJ, which would theoretically shut down Mueller.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

Your attempt to include a wall as an element of border security is not funny ha-ha, it's funny demented. Have the Trumpettes realized the "Mexico will pay for it" bit was an absurd lie from the getgo, so now you want us to pay for it?

Now Der Trumper is fixin' to close down part of the Government, INCLUDING Home Land Security to satisfy the lunitic fringe that still supports him. Let's see how that works out.

The seven appropriations that will run out of money 21 Dec are:Agriculture; Commerce, Justice, Science; Financial Services & General Government; Homeland Security; Interior, Environment; State, Foreign Operations; and Transportation, HUD.

Please note the Orange Toad is cutting off the money he said he'd give farmers because his moronic Trade War is bankrupting them. Also DOJ, which would theoretically shut down Mueller.

Us paying for it is a lot cheaper than the cost of the illegal aliens that come here considering crime committed, welfare costs, medical costs, education costs, and it insures a more likely vision of controlled immigration (which the left hates).

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

The undocumented immigrants now living in the USA cost us NOTHING and provide a net positive effect on our economy.

On average, they earn $18,600p.a. ($10.25/hrx34hr/wkx52wk/yr) and 75% of them pay FICA ($18.3 Billion) and Medicare ($3.8Billion) for "benefits" they will NEVER receive.

They also paid $10.6Billion in taxes in 2017.

Since they are willing to work for much less than the "going rate" for whatever job they hold, they keep prices down for all of us.

They CANNOT receive the vast majority of welfare because they don't have valid SSNs.

Their kids may attend school, but there is NO evidence their presence increases the cost (what the government spends) for that schooling.

They are much LESS likely to commit crimes than the average citizen. Here's a thought for the law-n'-order GOPers: MS13 gang members almost all wear identifying tattoos. Why aren't you demanding this be used to ID gang members and either prosecute them as members of a Criminal Enterprise (if they're citizens) or deport them (if they're not)?  Seems the most likely answer to this would be that MS13, like the Nazis and KKK, vote Republican.

So, like every wave of immigrants that went before, the current crop, including those WithOutPapers, is a net POSITIVE for our Nation. They spend everything they earn, so they contribute nearly $198Billion in demand that helps drive our consumption based economy higher.

Only the hate-driven lies from the Republican Party can concoct the notion that somehow we are not made better by the presence of these latest immigrants.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png