Science is honing in on better ways to treat chronic pain. Read about it in this AARP series.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Sen. Graham - "I see no way forward,"

Message 1 of 14

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

I have been hearing many TV hosts asking the same question about Graham.  what has happened to him why now? why is now so chummy with Trump.

There are many people now asking the same question and now some theories are starting to come. 
I have no idea if any of them happen to be true or not. but one is emerging that makes sense although I don't know if is true or  not.
That is that Graham may be gay. and that is something that he cannot afford to become public.

Well, I imagine that eventually we will all find out what it is that has made this change. 

Forget the TV hosts you spend your day getting your thinking from say. What do YOU think - is he wrong???

Here is one of the Problems with Both Trump & Graham

They have about as much Character & Conviction as a Lemming

South Carolina Senator used the same insult against Trump during the 2016 election campaign. Graham called the then-candidate Trump a “kook” in person during an interview with Fox News. He said the other Republicans would get "slaughtered" in the presidential election if Trump became the nominee.

"I think he's a kook. I think he's crazy. I think he's unfit for office," said Graham.

Back in February 2016, the Senator backed former Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush after abandoning his own quest to become Leader of the Free World. He slammed Trump for not being a real Republican and said he was not suitable for the role as president.

"I'm a Republican, and he's not. He's not a conservative Republican, he's an opportunist," Graham said on the program. "He's not fit to be president of the United States."

Source - https://www.newsweek.com/lindsey-graham-called-trump-kook-last-year-slammed-media-same-insult-727716

Source - https://www.thestate.com/news/politics-government/politics-columns-blogs/the-buzz/article60894047.ht...

Excuses.png

Lengthy and colorful but totally ignores the post it was theoretically responding to.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 14

@rk9152 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

I have been hearing many TV hosts asking the same question about Graham.  what has happened to him why now? why is now so chummy with Trump.

There are many people now asking the same question and now some theories are starting to come. 
I have no idea if any of them happen to be true or not. but one is emerging that makes sense although I don't know if is true or  not.
That is that Graham may be gay. and that is something that he cannot afford to become public.

Well, I imagine that eventually we will all find out what it is that has made this change. 

Forget the TV hosts you spend your day getting your thinking from say. What do YOU think - is he wrong???

Here is one of the Problems with Both Trump & Graham

They have about as much Character & Conviction as a Lemming

South Carolina Senator used the same insult against Trump during the 2016 election campaign. Graham called the then-candidate Trump a “kook” in person during an interview with Fox News. He said the other Republicans would get "slaughtered" in the presidential election if Trump became the nominee.

"I think he's a kook. I think he's crazy. I think he's unfit for office," said Graham.

Back in February 2016, the Senator backed former Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush after abandoning his own quest to become Leader of the Free World. He slammed Trump for not being a real Republican and said he was not suitable for the role as president.

"I'm a Republican, and he's not. He's not a conservative Republican, he's an opportunist," Graham said on the program. "He's not fit to be president of the United States."

Source - https://www.newsweek.com/lindsey-graham-called-trump-kook-last-year-slammed-media-same-insult-727716

Source - https://www.thestate.com/news/politics-government/politics-columns-blogs/the-buzz/article60894047.ht...

Excuses.png

( " If I do not believe as you believe, it proves that you do not believe as I believe, and this is all that it proves. Sam Adams )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 14

@rker321 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 14

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 14

Well, Chris, you do have a good point. Several of our posters refer to the President digging his heels in and you and they are overlooking that both sides have done that.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 14

I think Graham has a point about "no way forward". Trump has painted himself into a corner while Pelosi and Schumer have no downside. Trump used the wall and immigration as his clarion call during the 2018 election and the voters turned against him "bigly". The only voters who seem to be in favor of a wall are Trump's base and they are NEVER going to vote for Pelosi or Schumer. 

Trump, on the other hand, has managed to disappoint his base so much this is the last straw for them.  When he folds, and he will have to, it will be the final nail in his political career. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 14

@angeleyes64 wrote:
@mickstuder: Republican South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham. Graham is a surprisingly strong ally of President Donald Trump, but also someone with a demonstrated track record of working across the aisle.
"I was hopeful last night, not hopeful today."

I can just see Senator McCain turning over in his grave at the about face of the New House Mouse for The Donald. He has made such a drastic change it's disgusting. Makes you wonder??

The only excuse that I can find about Graham is that Trump must know something about him that he cannot afford to make public.

Otherwise, the name of John McCain in the lips of Linsey Graham is the most disgusting thing that i have ever heard. He was never his friendly. he simply lived in the shadow of John MCCain and now thinks that he can attach himself to Trump/

I have news for Linsey, Trump doesn't respect him the may have lunch and play golf with him but  when he states something, Trump in his tweets contradict him.

He has become  a disgrace. I  feel very sorry for him.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 14
@mickstuder: Republican South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham. Graham is a surprisingly strong ally of President Donald Trump, but also someone with a demonstrated track record of working across the aisle.
"I was hopeful last night, not hopeful today."

I can just see Senator McCain turning over in his grave at the about face of the New House Mouse for The Donald. He has made such a drastic change it's disgusting. Makes you wonder??
Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 14
ChasKy53 said; America was built on compromise and trump is saying "my way or the hi-way", he acts like a dictator.

I've been saying that for a while now, those secret Putin meetings are teaching him how to become one.
Don't some Dictators starve their people, well what the heck do you think this is if you have NO MONEY TO BUY FOOD ??
Getting a little to scary and close to one for me.
Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 14

Huh, "no way forward"????  Does that mean we go backwards now???  Like how far back???

Kudos
Views