Confused about which vaccines you need? Check out this list of every shot you should get after 50.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Sen. Corker calls GOP "cultish" and "fearful" under Trump.

Message 11 of 34

Now we have a Republican Senator describing Trump's brainwashed minions as a CULT.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Sen. Corker calls GOP "cultish" and "fearful" under Trump.

Message 12 of 34

@Tom5678 wrote:
you must have missed it my friend, because while he occasionally praises these institution he takes it upon himself to attack the institutions and individuals within those institutions, he doesn't like, because more than likely they are getting closer and closer to having the collusion, money laundering, obstruction of justice and more charges coming his way.

My point exactly - he is calling out the corrupted elements of those fine agencies.

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 34
you must have missed it my friend, because while he occasionally praises these institution he takes it upon himself to attack the institutions and individuals within those institutions, he doesn't like, because more than likely they are getting closer and closer to having the collusion, money laundering, obstruction of justice and more charges coming his way.
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 34

@Tom5678 wrote:

Wow. One more Republican besides McCain who dares to call out and critisize Trump. I agree with him 100%. Most Republicans are so afraid of Trump they probably live in fear of him if they dared get on his bad side. Standing "O" for Senator Corker. Tell it like it is sir!!!

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/republican-sen-bob-corker-calls-gop-cultish-fearful-under-...

Nice to see that Corker still is capable of recognizing reality.

Pity that trump supporters are no longer regularly in full contact with reality.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 34

@Tom5678 wrote:
he might be keeping his promises, but our democracy thanks to both Putin and Trump is going down the drain. Never had we had a President who has taken it upon himself to attack our institutions of our democracy, DOJ and FBI for example, and now talks about be able to pardon himself if he feels he needs it, and well, he just may, because his time is coming. The lies are all starting to catch up to him and I and many others eagerly await the findings of the Mueller probe, if he is allowed to finish it.

Can we agree that a pol keeping his promises is a good thing?

Now, as to attacking institutions - what institutions? He praises the people working in the FBI and DOJ regularly and is trying to clean out the corruption planted in them by the former Administration. That seems more like strengthening our institutions.

As to pardoning - when asked a question, he tends to answer. Granted, not very "political" but certainly honest.

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 34
he might be keeping his promises, but our democracy thanks to both Putin and Trump is going down the drain. Never had we had a President who has taken it upon himself to attack our institutions of our democracy, DOJ and FBI for example, and now talks about be able to pardon himself if he feels he needs it, and well, he just may, because his time is coming. The lies are all starting to catch up to him and I and many others eagerly await the findings of the Mueller probe, if he is allowed to finish it.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 34

@CriticalThinking wrote:

"ct keeps repeating the same Party Line falsehoods"

Party Line? I'm not a member of a political party and never joined one in my life. I've always been an Independent, so what party is RK referring to?

As for falsehoods, all RK has to do is tune into his hero in the White House and he will get so many falsehoods, he'll become dizzy.

rk has no hero so ct is going to have to be a bit more specific.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 34

"ct keeps repeating the same Party Line falsehoods"

Party Line? I'm not a member of a political party and never joined one in my life. I've always been an Independent, so what party is RK referring to?

As for falsehoods, all RK has to do is tune into his hero in the White House and he will get so many falsehoods, he'll become dizzy.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 34

@CriticalThinking wrote:

In Trump World, no diversity of opinion is allowed in the Republican Party. It has become a cult where they pay homage to the Supreme Leader. Trump Cult members don't understand they dynamics, but that's not democracy at work.

Anyone in the party who challenges or disagreed with the Supreme Leader is viciously attacked and becomes the victim of a smear campaign. 

ct keeps repeating the same Party Line falsehoods over and over no matter how often reality is offered.

Being the good guy he is, rk will once again, out of the goodness of his heart, attempt to bring ct (kicking and screaming no doubt) into the real world.

In the real world of politics, differing ideologies and agendas are debated and the pols representing those ideologies and agendas offer themselves for consideration by the electorate. The electorate decides and then we all hope that the pols remain faithful to their promises. 

In the case of the Republican Party and President Trump we do, in fact, have a "Supreme Leader" and it consists of the campaign promises made. It is refreshing to see faithful adherence to those promises being made.

And that is democracy in action.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 34

In Trump World, no diversity of opinion is allowed in the Republican Party. It has become a cult where they pay homage to the Supreme Leader. Trump Cult members don't understand they dynamics, but that's not democracy at work.

Anyone in the party who challenges or disagreed with the Supreme Leader is viciously attacked and becomes the victim of a smear campaign. 

Kudos
Views