Science is honing in on better ways to treat chronic pain. Read about it in this AARP series.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Securing the border

Message 21 of 45

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Another untruth.....the Chineese (sic) built the Great Wall because they hated the nomadic tribes on the other side...

The Berlin wall was built as an anti-fascist wall.

Believe that the above is incorrect.   The Great Wall of China was not necessarily built because they hated the nomadic tribes but as a protection against them as invaders.  So, in the context of Jim's post, are you claiming they loved being attacked?  Therefore the wall was built to protect the borders of China from invaders.  To keep out those they loved?  Or hated because they attacked them?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Wall_of_China

As far as the Berlin Wall, if the countries of France, Great Britain and the United States are considered fascist, then the statement made by the poster is correct.  Of course it is....I used the same source you did above.However, the wall was built to prevent the people of Berlin from escaping to the democratic Western Zones of the city. Yep, to keep the ideals of the west, those they hated, out.  Thanks for your contribution.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 45

Another untruth.....the Chineese (sic) built the Great Wall because they hated the nomadic tribes on the other side...

Believe that the above is incorrect.   The Great Wall of China was not necessarily built because they hated the nomadic tribes but as a protection against them as invaders.  Therefore the wall was built to protect the borders of China from invaders.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Wall_of_China

As far as the Berlin Wall, if the countries of France, Great Britain and the United States are considered fascist, then the statement made by the poster is correct.  However, the wall was built to prevent the people of Berlin from escaping to the democratic Western Zones of the city.   It was built to contain the citizen of East Berlin.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 45

Should those who actually live and work on the border have a voice in this decision?   All 9 representatives ( D and R) were asked about the Donald wall...they all, yes, ALL said that they opposed .  

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trumps-border-wall-every-congressperson-along-southern-border-opposes-b...

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 45

jimc91:   "They don't build walls because they hate the people on the outside, they build walls because they love the people on the inside..."

Where would Conservatives be without their bumper stickers?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 45

@jimc91 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

"They don't build walls because they hate the people on the outside, they build walls because they love the people on the inside..."

Another untruth.....the Chineese built the Great Wall because they hated the nomadic tribes on the other side...

Clearly, both were built because they hated those on the other side.

Interesting...  

So in your mind the wealthy politicians mentioned in President Trump's speech last night HATE the people on the inside of the wall and love the people on the outside?

Well you may have a point there...  The dimms do appear to care more about the illegal aliens in our country than they do American citizens...

Interesting thought

It's interesting to note that Conservatives must tell untruths and misinform low-information voters to make a point.  The facts are NEVER on their side, as noted by trumps lies last night and those here distorting what another posts.

A profoundly accurate fact.

I was quoting from the speech President Trump made last night.  He said nothing about the Great Wall of China.  So?  

He asked why rich politicians have walls around their homes and offered a positive explanation that I accept.  So?

You apparently do not but contend that those rich politicians hate the people inside and love the people outside.  You know, Jim, when you distort what people post and claim what you think they mean, you're almost always wrong.  Maybe you should avoid the libel.  I don't think it serves you well and proves my point about trumps lies, as well as his supporters "untruths".  

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 45

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

Here's an idea on the wall that might work.  Build it on the Mexican side and call it foreign aid.

Should we do that on the Canadian border also?

Now that weed is legal in Canada, how long do you think it will take for the GOP to demand we build a wall along the Canadian border?.....oh wait, they're white....never mind.....

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 45

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

"They don't build walls because they hate the people on the outside, they build walls because they love the people on the inside..."

Another untruth.....the Chineese built the Great Wall because they hated the nomadic tribes on the other side...

Clearly, both were built because they hated those on the other side.

Interesting...  

So in your mind the wealthy politicians mentioned in President Trump's speech last night HATE the people on the inside of the wall and love the people on the outside?

Well you may have a point there...  The dimms do appear to care more about the illegal aliens in our country than they do American citizens...

Interesting thought

It's interesting to note that Conservatives must tell untruths and misinform low-information voters to make a point.  The facts are NEVER on their side, as noted by trumps lies last night and those here distorting what another posts.

A profoundly accurate fact.

I was quoting from the speech President Trump made last night.  He said nothing about the Great Wall of China.  

He asked why rich politicians have walls around their homes and offered a positive explanation that I accept.  

You apparently do not but contend that those rich politicians hate the people inside and love the people outside.  

It's America!  You feel how you feel and we are each entitled to our own opinion.  

I don't share yours...

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 45

@Soosie wrote:
@cent..............your post is completely off topic. Why don't you start a post that gives you the chance to talk about lying, cheating, birth, etc. This one is about securing the border. None of your business where the poster you answered travels to or from? Seems like a personal question that you have no right to ask.

Did you actually read the entire posting by MaryM328039 ?  Most of what she (or he) posted said nothing about border security. Does the TOS prohibit Cent or anyone else from asking such a question? Well ...... no it doesn't.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 45

@Soosie wrote:

Here's an idea on the wall that might work.  Build it on the Mexican side and call it foreign aid.

Should we do that on the Canadian border also?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 45

@MaryM328039 wrote:
ChasKy53 wrote (in blue text)

I support Trump on everything.  Staunch Republican, I am.  As is your right as an American citizen. 

But, a wall is not going to solve the problem of illegal immigration. No it isn't, I'm glad to see that you realize that. So, do you support trump in shutting down the government to get a wall built?  It may help, but there are so many tunnels, and illegals who want to come to our country will find a way. Many illegals enter this country on our coasts and from the north, what do we do about that?

Lately, the death of children has been prominent in the news. Yes, and a comprehensive plan including funding for fencing, better medical facilities to handle children an families, and item s to improve border security was offered by the Democrats and refused by trump and the Republicans. I do not like to say this, but there are people who would sacrifice the safety of their children to enter our country illegally. I hate to say this but trump and the Republicans sacrifice the safety of all of those children by refusing the funding the Democrats offered.

I like Canada and many other countries, where to enter legally, one must be an asset (have essential employ, such as a physician).  Really? Can you offer any documentation or a reliable source showing that one must have "essential employ" or be a doctor to immigrate to Canada?

I love hispanics.  I do not love they take jobs, healthcare, etc. from US born-citizens. So don't all immigrants other than Hispanics also "take jobs from U. S. born citizens"?  How do they "take health care" away from U. S. born citizens? I know an hispanic who works in our country only to send his income to his family in Mexico doing no stimulation of our economy. Really?  Doesn't this person "stimulate the economy" by spending money in supporting himself/herself in living here? If this person works, taxes are paid too. I know an ""Hispanic" person who has worked here on a green card for thirty-four years paying FICA and all other taxes. He has sent some money home throughout this time. When he retires he will move back to Mexico, and although he has paid FICA taxes all of his life he will only be allowed to draw 50% of his social security benefit. Do you think that's right? I am a nice person ahd hate to be saying this, but that does not seem right. So if you moved to Canada and worked there it would "not seem right" for you to send money here to some of your family members, although you paid all necessary taxes and such in Canada?

Kudos
Views