Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 1 of 4

Thanks john.  I followed the link before I posted to GS.  I highly recommend anyone wanting to know more read it as well.  I'm not going to comment further.  The events and the consequences simply should not be politicized.  It is not fitting.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

@umbarch64wrote:

@gruffstuffwrote:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2018/02/23/scripted-controversy-cnn-releases-ema...

‘Scripted’ controversy: CNN releases emails of correspondence with Florida student

CNN appears to have had enough.

On Friday afternoon, the network released email correspondence between one of its producers, Carrie Stevenson, and a student from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School after last week’s school shooting in Parkland, Fla. The exchanges roared into the news following Wednesday night’s CNN town hall meeting on gun violence. Colton Haab, 17, told a TV station in Florida that he was disappointed with the network: “CNN had originally asked me to write a speech and questions and it ended up being all scripted,” he told ABC affiliate WPLG-TV. He did not attend the town hall.

GS.  I'm sorry, I don't quite 'get it'.  There were emails and the emails got into the 'news'.  Which news, please?  I'd like to know what they said and what CNN did to so offend Colton Haab that he didn't attend the town hall.  Did CNN edit what he had to say and if so, how?  I suspect there is more to it than just his dissapointment about it all being scripted. The whole media setup is capable of that....some more than others. 

I'm pretty sure you have a point, you usually do.  It may be a good one and I'd like to know it.

Here is what I know. CNN asked him to submit 4 questions for their town hall show last night. His father sent CNN a speech 700 words long for him to read. CNN said that was not possible due to time limits and suggested he go back to his questions that he had given to them over the phone, and combine the 4 into 1 due to time. He and father said no. Then FOX News picked it up and made it sound like CNN gave him the questions to ask. At this point it looks like another FOX News created story to make CNN look bad. The far right stops at nothing to further their goals.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

@gruffstuffwrote:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2018/02/23/scripted-controversy-cnn-releases-ema...

‘Scripted’ controversy: CNN releases emails of correspondence with Florida student

On Friday afternoon, the network released email correspondence between one of its producers, Carrie Stevenson, and a student from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School after last week’s school shooting in Parkland, Fla. The exchanges roared into the news following Wednesday night’s CNN town hall meeting on gun violence. Colton Haab, 17, told a TV station in Florida that he was disappointed with the network: “CNN had originally asked me to write a speech and questions and it ended up being all scripted,” he told ABC affiliate WPLG-TV. He did not attend the town hall.

GS.  I'm sorry, I don't quite 'get it'.  There were emails and the emails got into the 'news'.  Which news, please?  I'd like to know what they said and what CNN did to so offend Colton Haab that he didn't attend the town hall.  Did CNN edit what he had to say and if so, how?  I suspect there is more to it than just his dissapointment about it all being scripted. The whole media setup is capable of that....some more than others. 

I'm pretty sure you have a point, you usually do.  It may be a good one and I'd like to know it.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

‘Scripted’ controversy

Message 4 of 4

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Thursday, October 1 – Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall Event

1 p.m. ET - Coronavirus: Vaccines & Coping During the Pandemic