Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Schumer and Pelosi MIA

Message 1 of 68

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Trump reminds me of my Aunt Marie. She would be rude to people.  Belittle them. Make up stories and generally act like an emissary of evil.  However, if somebody pointed out her lies, half truths, or condescension, she would act insulted that they had the nerve to treat her so unfairly. 

The President is one of three parts of government. Pelosi and Schumer so represent the other two parts. I would have expected all three to show respect for each other. Trump announced there was no point to a meeting so Pelosi and Schumer decided not to waste anyone's time. Seems efficient to me. 

I hope Aunt Marie paid better attention in civics class than you did. There are three parts of government, the Presidency, the Congress, and the Court. As to Pelosi and Schumer, they represent the minority of one of the parts.

This topic is another "look over there". Trump is a master of it, and his syncophants suck it up with the relish of a dog at a gravy boat. Its all faux outrage by the right, the same people whole heartedly supported stonewalling the entire nation for the 8 years of the Obama presidency. whining is not becoming, and thats what this topic is. then we get the meaningless questions and posts about it..."Do you not think pelosi and shumer said they wouldnt go to the white house?"

Of course they did, and they were right to do so. Trump isnt the King in spite of what his syncophants believe. He isnt chosen by God, or Jesus either.

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 68

@Panjandrum wrote:

ChasKy53:  Now I look upon this as Pelosi and Schumer having a teacher's strike in protest of trump being such a rotten and dishonest student !!!

There was no way they would attend any meeting after the insulting and hostile tweet this morning. I wonder if Trump did that knowing it would cause a giant headache for Ryan? Ryan is going to need Democratic votes to avoid a government shutdown because with the unhinged Freedom Caucus he won't have enough Republican votes. This will give Nancy Pelosi good leverage to get concessions in return for votes. Should be interesting.

I think you have it exactly right! 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 68

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Waht was untrue about the tweet? And, what has "incompetence" have to do with the tweet?

You have the cart before the horse. Trump is incompetent and continues to demonstrate that. I give you the messes he has created in England today.  The Tweeting is just an EXAMPLE of his incompetence. Hey, same England example. How about that. 

Note that Obama never insulted the Republicans while he was in office. He has done so since simply by pointing out the truth. 

Please note that the horse and the cart is about two Dem leaders not showing up for a meeting.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 68

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

@rk9152— You  embarrass yourself making a comment like that about me when you support a sleazebag like trump. 

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Not really. You do not seem to understand that it is possible and even desirable to discuss political differences without going down to the level of dog peeing.

But - that is the pc approach - isn't it?

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 68

@rk9152 wrote:

Waht was untrue about the tweet? And, what has "incompetence" have to do with the tweet?

You have the cart before the horse. Trump is incompetent and continues to demonstrate that. I give you the messes he has created in England today.  The Tweeting is just an EXAMPLE of his incompetence. Hey, same England example. How about that. 

Note that Obama never insulted the Republicans while he was in office. He has done so since simply by pointing out the truth. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 68

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

After tweeting out another ridiculous tweet ensuring that Pelosi and Schumer knew this meeting was nothing more than one of trump’s reality show stunts, these top two Dems withdrew from the meeting. True to his carnival freak show nature, trump made sure that even though Ryan and McConnell flank him at every meeting, trump had the nameplates of the two Dems who weren’t interested in being part of his asinine tricks, placed beside him.

Each day he proves a multiplicity of times that he is a childish fool who will stop at nothing to prove himself to be incapable of acting like an adult, much less a president.

Chalk up another disgraceful act of stupidity for trump.

Since the tweet was truth, it appears that your pc-like insults directed at our President reflect nothing but deep seated negativity and hatred.

Since the tweet was another example of the incompetence of Trump, it appears that your blatant insults reflect nothing but a failing attempt to support Trump no matter how incompetent he is.

I'll try again, "Since the tweet was truth...." - note "truth" not anything about incompetence.

Since the tween was not the truth, your claiming that it was will not suddenly make it so.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 68

@jimc91 wrote:

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

Hmm—The question as to why people are MIA and not doing their job is a good one,  and so I ask you why is trump so often MIA and not doing his job along with his fellow crooked and thug likeRepublicans?

Hmm...  I don't recall President Trump or Ryan and McConnell failing to show up to a planned meeting.  Perhaps I missed it.  Could you point me to such an incident.  Google had no results either.

The pure "emotion" coming from the left is getting in the way of people thinking critically and in this case doing their job.  Trump ran on an agenda and is in the action mode of carrying out the plan.  The democrats are angry about loosing the election.  End of story.  Emotion, anger and hate are all they have and it is driving them insane.  Sad...

Hoyer: GOP Leaders Snubbed Obama

After congressional Republicans said this week that they were too busy to accept President Barack Obama's invitation to a bipartisan leadership meeting today, the White House without fanfare announced the meeting had been postponed until Nov. 30 to accommodate the GOP's schedule.

https://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2010/11/18/hoyer-gop-leaders-snubbed-obama/

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 68

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Panjandrum wrote:

ChasKy53:  Now I look upon this as Pelosi and Schumer having a teacher's strike in protest of trump being such a rotten and dishonest student !!!

There was no way they would attend any meeting after the insulting and hostile tweet this morning. I wonder if Trump did that knowing it would cause a giant headache for Ryan? Ryan is going to need Democratic votes to avoid a government shutdown because with the unhinged Freedom Caucus he won't have enough Republican votes. This will give Nancy Pelosi good leverage to get concessions in return for votes. Should be interesting.

Was the tweet not accurate? So it seems that some are disturbed by the truth.

No, the tweet was not accurate since Schumer and Pelosi were willing to attempt to work with the Republicans before the tweet.

Why are you so disturbed by the truth?

Previously you showed you didn't bother to read the first post before citing it. Now you have shown that you didn't read the tweet before citing it.

What are you thinking???

Previously you lied and now you lied again. What are you thinking?

Read the first post and then get back to me with you 'scuse me.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 68

@Richva wrote:

Trump reminds me of my Aunt Marie. She would be rude to people.  Belittle them. Make up stories and generally act like an emissary of evil.  However, if somebody pointed out her lies, half truths, or condescension, she would act insulted that they had the nerve to treat her so unfairly. 

The President is one of three parts of government. Pelosi and Schumer so represent the other two parts. I would have expected all three to show respect for each other. Trump announced there was no point to a meeting so Pelosi and Schumer decided not to waste anyone's time. Seems efficient to me. 

I hope Aunt Marie paid better attention in civics class than you did. There are three parts of government, the Presidency, the Congress, and the Court. As to Pelosi and Schumer, they represent the minority of one of the parts.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 68

@rk9152— You  embarrass yourself making a comment like that about me when you support a sleazebag like trump. 

Kudos
Views