Getting ready to enroll in Medicare? AARP’s Medicare Made Easy has the resources you need to help you make the right choices.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Schumer and Pelosi MIA

Message 11 of 68

@jims730656 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

Screen Shot 2017-11-28 at 5.39.20 PM.png

President Trump with all the world leaders who respect him.

Please help me understand the relationship between that and the Dems leadership not showing up at a budget discussion.

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

Screen Shot 2017-11-28 at 5.39.20 PM.png

President Trump with all the world leaders who respect him.

Please help me understand the relationship between that and the Dems leadership not showing up at a budget discussion.

Again, this was simply pointless and unnecessary political theater designed to keep the gullible partisans divided, angry and unable to unite against an out-of-control government (no matter WHO sits in the White House).  Trump. McConnell and Ryan knew it and so did Pelosi and Schumer.

Think about it.  When was the last time serious budget negotiations at the federal level has been conducted in front of TV cameras, in the White House, and with only five people?  Just off the top of my head, it NEVER was!

Also, why was Trump even THERE?  The only thing any president can do, per the Constitution, is to submit a budget request, and then it's out of his hands.  No president has ANYTHING to do with budget negotiations, but we are supposed to think otherwise, and apparently it works.

It's "thanks for the budget request Mr. President.  Now its OUR job and you're done.  Go home."

It was just some cheesy photo-op set up by Trump, with Schumer and Pelosi going along with it.

But if you really want to look at this publicity stunt as some kind of  a serious attempt to arrive at a budget  Democratic voters should look at this as a (deliberately) missed opportunity by Pelosi and Schumer.  They had the golden opportunity to ask Trump some VERY difficult questions, right to his face and in front of the media.  But they didn't, and blamed it on some stupid tweet from Trump and the lapdog Media went along with the stunt.

I can't speak for anyone else, but if I was invited to attend that meeting it would take a hell of a lot more than a nasty tweet to keep ME away!  I have some hard questions of my own to ask and I'll be damned if I lost the chance becaue he tweeted something insulting and stupid!

Again, what has, "President Trump with all the world leaders who respect him." to do with a budget meeting?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 68

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

@BigLib—Agreed! SPOT ON!!  Seems to me though, like a dog, trump needs to pee on everything—just in case people forget he is here.  

Gee, I miss having a real president!

It's always nice to see a classy pc post.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 68

Bernie Sanders on Twitter: Every Republican except the chairman has left the budget hearing on the tax bill. Why are they afraid to defend their plan to raise taxes on 87 million middle class households?pic.twitter.com/Wl7yytQFyD

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 68

@rker321 wrote:

It continues to be foolish  and to fall for the manipulative posts of some posters. If this  is such a fantastic TaX bill, please let us know how it will affect you. as a senior and a middle class American.

Please do stop the silliness of saying what the Democrats have done or haven't done. 

The issue here is IS THE TAX BILL GOOD FOR MIDDLE AMERICANS AND HOW IT WILL AFFECT YOU AS A SENIOR. 
Quit the bull and answer the questions that are the real issues  in all of this. or simply at least  have the grace not to talk about this tax bill.

Speaking of manipulative posters, you DO see the title of this thread, right?

While I agree with 'is this tax bill good for 'middle Americans (almost definitely not)' and how it affects seniors seniors (badly I would think), the thread IS  about Pelosi and Schumenrr's no-show.   Are you sure you're in the right thread?

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 68

@jimc91 wrote:

Well @rk9152, it looks like the hall monitor is sending me to the principals office...  Who is the principal anyway?

I see.  So the general rule around here is to simply ignore posts that you disagree with and replace actuial comments with snarky responses?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 68

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

After tweeting out another ridiculous tweet ensuring that Pelosi and Schumer knew this meeting was nothing more than one of trump’s reality show stunts, these top two Dems withdrew from the meeting. True to his carnival freak show nature, trump made sure that even though Ryan and McConnell flank him at every meeting, trump had the nameplates of the two Dems who weren’t interested in being part of his asinine tricks, placed beside him.

Each day he proves a multiplicity of times that he is a childish fool who will stop at nothing to prove himself to be incapable of acting like an adult, much less a president.

Chalk up another disgraceful act of stupidity for trump.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Since the tweet was truth, it appears that your pc-like insults directed at our President reflect nothing but deep seated negativity and hatred.

Since the tweet was another example of the incompetence of Trump, it appears that your blatant insults reflect nothing but a failing attempt to support Trump no matter how incompetent he is.

I'll try again, "Since the tweet was truth...." - note "truth" not anything about incompetence.

Since the tween was not the truth, your claiming that it was will not suddenly make it so.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 68

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Panjandrum wrote:

ChasKy53:  Now I look upon this as Pelosi and Schumer having a teacher's strike in protest of trump being such a rotten and dishonest student !!!

There was no way they would attend any meeting after the insulting and hostile tweet this morning. I wonder if Trump did that knowing it would cause a giant headache for Ryan? Ryan is going to need Democratic votes to avoid a government shutdown because with the unhinged Freedom Caucus he won't have enough Republican votes. This will give Nancy Pelosi good leverage to get concessions in return for votes. Should be interesting.

Was the tweet not accurate? So it seems that some are disturbed by the truth.

No, the tweet was not accurate since Schumer and Pelosi were willing to attempt to work with the Republicans before the tweet.

Why are you so disturbed by the truth?

Previously you showed you didn't bother to read the first post before citing it. Now you have shown that you didn't read the tweet before citing it.

What are you thinking???

Previously you lied and now you lied again. What are you thinking?

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 68

Trump reminds me of my Aunt Marie. She would be rude to people.  Belittle them. Make up stories and generally act like an emissary of evil.  However, if somebody pointed out her lies, half truths, or condescension, she would act insulted that they had the nerve to treat her so unfairly. 

The President is one of three parts of government. Pelosi and Schumer so represent the other two parts. I would have expected all three to show respect for each other. Trump announced there was no point to a meeting so Pelosi and Schumer decided not to waste anyone's time. Seems efficient to me. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 68

Well @rk9152, it looks like the hall monitor is sending me to the principals office...  Who is the principal anyway?

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 68

It continues to be foolish  and to fall for the manipulative posts of some posters. If this  is such a fantastic TaX bill, please let us know how it will affect you. as a senior and a middle class American.

Please do stop the silliness of saying what the Democrats have done or haven't done. 

The issue here is IS THE TAX BILL GOOD FOR MIDDLE AMERICANS AND HOW IT WILL AFFECT YOU AS A SENIOR. 
Quit the bull and answer the questions that are the real issues  in all of this. or simply at least  have the grace not to talk about this tax bill.

Kudos
Views