Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Schumer and Pelosi MIA

Message 21 of 68

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

Screen Shot 2017-11-28 at 5.39.20 PM.png

President Trump with all the world leaders who respect him.

Please help me understand the relationship between that and the Dems leadership not showing up at a budget discussion.

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

Please help me understand the relationship between that and the Dems leadership not showing up at a budget discussion.

Again, this was simply pointless and unnecessary political theater designed to keep the gullible partisans divided, angry and unable to unite against an out-of-control government (no matter WHO sits in the White House).  Trump. McConnell and Ryan knew it and so did Pelosi and Schumer.

Think about it.  When was the last time serious budget negotiations at the federal level has been conducted in front of TV cameras, in the White House, and with only five people?  Just off the top of my head, it NEVER was!

Also, why was Trump even THERE?  The only thing any president can do, per the Constitution, is to submit a budget request, and then it's out of his hands.  No president has ANYTHING to do with budget negotiations, but we are supposed to think otherwise, and apparently it works.

It's "thanks for the budget request Mr. President.  Now its OUR job and you're done.  Go home."

It was just some cheesy photo-op set up by Trump, with Schumer and Pelosi going along with it.

But if you really want to look at this publicity stunt as some kind of  a serious attempt to arrive at a budget  Democratic voters should look at this as a (deliberately) missed opportunity by Pelosi and Schumer.  They had the golden opportunity to ask Trump some VERY difficult questions, right to his face and in front of the media.  But they didn't, and blamed it on some stupid tweet from Trump and the lapdog Media went along with the stunt.

I can't speak for anyone else, but if I was invited to attend that meeting it would take a hell of a lot more than a nasty tweet to keep ME away!  I have some hard questions of my own to ask and I'll be damned if I lost the chance becaue he tweeted something insulting and stupid!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 68

@Richva—Oh please!! Whatever you do don’t steer all right supporters towards the truth. Not only don’t they recognize it, they run from it!  The truth can be a very scary thing as you know – – and IMO anyone who supports the coward trump  probably doesn’t know much about truth,  bravery, and especially not honor. 

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 68

@BigLib—Agreed! SPOT ON!!  Seems to me though, like a dog, trump needs to pee on everything—just in case people forget he is here.  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 68

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 68

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

After tweeting out another ridiculous tweet ensuring that Pelosi and Schumer knew this meeting was nothing more than one of trump’s reality show stunts, these top two Dems withdrew from the meeting. True to his carnival freak show nature, trump made sure that even though Ryan and McConnell flank him at every meeting, trump had the nameplates of the two Dems who weren’t interested in being part of his asinine tricks, placed beside him.

Each day he proves a multiplicity of times that he is a childish fool who will stop at nothing to prove himself to be incapable of acting like an adult, much less a president.

Chalk up another disgraceful act of stupidity for trump.

Since the tweet was truth, it appears that your pc-like insults directed at our President reflect nothing but deep seated negativity and hatred.

Since the tweet was another example of the incompetence of Trump, it appears that your blatant insults reflect nothing but a failing attempt to support Trump no matter how incompetent he is.

I'll try again, "Since the tweet was truth...." - note "truth" not anything about incompetence.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 68

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

Hmm—The question as to why people are MIA and not doing their job is a good one,  and so I ask you why is trump so often MIA and not doing his job along with his fellow crooked and thug likeRepublicans?

Schumer and Pelosi were more than willing to work with trump until he put out his ridiculous tweet.

And by the way, where was trump in Charlottesville??  oh yeah on the side of the KKK, white nationalist and other such racist groups. Where was trumpwhen Roy Moore was accused of molesting young girls over decades? Oh yeah,  on the side of a pedophile.

There is only one way to defend trumps actions with regard to his ridiculous tweet that made it very clear he was unwilling to work with the Democratic leaders – – insanity and total incompetence.   The mentally ill person in the White House needs to be removed ASAP. 

Another example of the blind hatred of the left. A topic about the national budget becomes about Moore, Charlottesville, mentally ill, KKK.

Be happy, don't worry - the sun will shine tomorrow.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 68

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Panjandrum wrote:

ChasKy53:  Now I look upon this as Pelosi and Schumer having a teacher's strike in protest of trump being such a rotten and dishonest student !!!

There was no way they would attend any meeting after the insulting and hostile tweet this morning. I wonder if Trump did that knowing it would cause a giant headache for Ryan? Ryan is going to need Democratic votes to avoid a government shutdown because with the unhinged Freedom Caucus he won't have enough Republican votes. This will give Nancy Pelosi good leverage to get concessions in return for votes. Should be interesting.

Was the tweet not accurate? So it seems that some are disturbed by the truth.

No, the tweet was not accurate since Schumer and Pelosi were willing to attempt to work with the Republicans before the tweet.

Why are you so disturbed by the truth?

Previously you showed you didn't bother to read the first post before citing it. Now you have shown that you didn't read the tweet before citing it.

What are you thinking???

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 68

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Well, it does appear that part of the Democrats job is to teach baby Donald not to be such an uncouth individuals. The lessons he would have learned in childhood had he not had his own bodyguards and private schools. 

No worries, Donald will have plenty of time to study up while the government is shut down. Even more if his taunts to Kim Jung Un result in nuclear war. 

The man is such an incompetent idiot. 

The issue is our  national tax code - not couth.

No, the issue is the incompetence of Trump. You should follow your own demands and read the first post in this thread.

Nothing in the first post about incompetence or couth. What first post did you read or do you just have a standard set of insults to dole out regardless of application??

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 68

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

Trump spoke reporters after the meeting with House Speaker Paul Ryan and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, but made sure he left the seats reserved for Pelosi and Schumer empty, with their name tags still in place.

McConnell and Ryan, however, attended the meeting anyway, urging their Democratic colleagues to join.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/11/28/donald-trump-leaves-chuck-nancy-seats-empty-talk-...

Only an idiot would attend that meeting after our PIGGISH PRESIDENT tweeted,"I don't see a deal".

Sounds like what little mind he has was already made up.

Well, at least McConnell and Ryan attended along with the President..............

Oh, wait a second, I said only idiots would attend the meeting........ I was right!!!!!!!!

Again, BRIETBART....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT A JOKE OF A NEWS SOURCE!!!!!

Was the tweet not accurate?

Again that topic about the unhappiness is shown to be true when someone uses phony laughing to express his/her/its negativity and hatred.

no it wasnt accurate. lol. its a Trump tweet. My wife follows him and reads them all in the morning for our first chuckle of the day. Much hilarity today to follow yesterdays. its time to dig in to some real news to see what he is distracting from other than his failed legislative agenda.

O.K. maybe your wife can answer the question - Was the tweet not accurate?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 68

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

Why are they MIA and not doing their job?  The short answer is they do not like President Trump...

Pure emotion is preventing them from showing up to work and do what they were elected to do.  

What a poor excuse...

Seems to me that they are doing their job, it is not their job to bow to Trump to boost his ego.

Since Trump only wants 'yes men' what was the purpose of the meeting?

Again, how do you arrive at a mutually acceptable solution if you refuse to talk?

You should ask Trump and the Republicans that since they are the ones refusing to negotiate.

Not showing up is well beyond a claim of "refusing to negotiate".

Kudos
Views