Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Schumer and Pelosi MIA

Message 61 of 68

@Richva wrote:

Well, it does appear that part of the Democrats job is to teach baby Donald not to be such an uncouth individuals. The lessons he would have learned in childhood had he not had his own bodyguards and private schools. 

No worries, Donald will have plenty of time to study up while the government is shut down. Even more if his taunts to Kim Jung Un result in nuclear war. 

The man is such an incompetent idiot. 

Now I look upon this as Pelosi and Schumer having a teacher's strike in protest of trump being such a rotten and dishonest student !!!

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 68

Well, it does appear that part of the Democrats job is to teach baby Donald not to be such an uncouth individuals. The lessons he would have learned in childhood had he not had his own bodyguards and private schools. 

No worries, Donald will have plenty of time to study up while the government is shut down. Even more if his taunts to Kim Jung Un result in nuclear war. 

The man is such an incompetent idiot. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 68

@jimc91 wrote:

Why are they MIA and not doing their job?  The short answer is they do not like President Trump...

Pure emotion is preventing them from showing up to work and do what they were elected to do.  

What a poor excuse...

Seems to me that they are doing their job, it is not their job to bow to Trump to boost his ego.

Since Trump only wants 'yes men' what was the purpose of the meeting?

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 68

Looks like pure political theater to me.  I'm thinking that, given Trump's historically low polling numbers, and the fact that the GOP has Congress, much of the SCOTUS and the White House, the government basically belongs to the Republicans.

And since the GOP pretty much has all the power I'm guessing Schumer and Pelosi are playing this game with skill and betting the Republicans will fall flat on their faces and they want no part of it.  And seeing as the Republicans DO have the power they're counting on them falling hard.

It's apparent that the Democrats think that after the GOP collapses (wait til their budget is passed right before Christmas) they will retake the majority and the White House without having to do anything to earn it.

That's how both parties manage to stay in power even while the country is falling apart under both parties' "leadership".  That's how they've played this game for decades.  No matter what goes wrong they blame it on the "other side", but the Republicans can't do that this time around so the Democrats' gambit may work.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 68

@rk9152 wrote:

They do it all the time and get away with it due to the woosiness of the Reps. I recall a time in the '90s when there was a CR sitting on Clinton's desk which we refused to sign and there was partial shut down not long before Christmas. Naturally, the network news was loaded with women crying about their children not getting to have a Christmas because of the Republicans. 

In that case the Reps caved (as always). But......there is a new Sheriff in town, so we shall see what we shall see.

I was happy to see President Trump call the Dem leadership out on this and expose their obstructionist behavior.  

Can you imagine not going to work because you don't like someone that you work with?  

Pure childish behavior driven by emotion has no place in the congress!  

The rest of the Republicans need to grow a set and get on with the agenda.  IMHO of course.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 68

They do it all the time and get away with it due to the woosiness of the Reps. I recall a time in the '90s when there was a CR sitting on Clinton's desk which we refused to sign and there was partial shut down not long before Christmas. Naturally, the network news was loaded with women crying about their children not getting to have a Christmas because of the Republicans. 

In that case the Reps caved (as always). But......there is a new Sheriff in town, so we shall see what we shall see.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 68

Why are they MIA and not doing their job?  The short answer is they do not like President Trump...

Pure emotion is preventing them from showing up to work and do what they were elected to do.  

What a poor excuse...

VIMTSTL
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views
Replies

Schumer and Pelosi MIA

Message 68 of 68

Screen Shot 2017-11-28 at 5.39.20 PM.png

President Donald Trump publicly humiliated Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi for bailing on a meeting at the White House to discuss end of the year budget issues.

The president made his remarks after Senate Minority leader Chuck Schumer and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi nixed a meeting at the White House with Republicans to make an end of the year spending bill deal.

“They decided not to show up, they’ve been all talk and no action,” Trump said.

He told reporters that he would blame Democrats if the government shut down if they failed to reach an agreement.

“I would absolutely blame Democrats if that happens,” he said. “If that happens, it’s going to be over illegals pouring into the country, crime pouring into the country, no border wall which everybody wants. I got elected partially because of a border wall.” 

Trump spoke reporters after the meeting with House Speaker Paul Ryan and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, but made sure he left the seats reserved for Pelosi and Schumer empty, with their name tags still in place.

Democrats complained they were disappointed by the president’s statement on Twitter suggesting that it would be difficult to reach a deal with Democrats, prompting them to cancel the meeting.

“If the President reverses course and decides he wants to be a constructive force…we’re happy to meet with him anytime, anywhere, anyplace,” Schumer told reporters on Tuesday.

McConnell and Ryan, however, attended the meeting anyway, urging their Democratic colleagues to join.

Trump said that he had “somewhat of a lovefest” meeting with Republican leaders about the issues facing Congress at the end of the year.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/11/28/donald-trump-leaves-chuck-nancy-seats-empty-talk-...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Notice that most media will not show the above picture or cover the above story of Schumer and Pelosi MIA and not doing the job their states elected them to do...

Obstructionist in the real sense of the word.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Replies