Join Dr. Catherine Alicia Georges and Amy Goyer at 10:15 a.m. ET Wednesday for an AARP telephone town hall on family caregiving issues. Register here.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Schiff Supports Nunes Trump Claim on Surveillance

Message 1 of 34

@Richva wrote:

Our current situation is that Trump had already admitted he got his information from a "lawyer on Fox news so go after him".   They later canned "the lawyer" for pushing   false news.  

Making a statement and then trying to find facts to support it is pushing falsh news. This is what Trump did.  

What does that mean? It sounds like you accept the fact that Nunes was right but would like to take the conversation away from that. Some call that "cats", others call it "look over there", and then there is the "straw man" school of thought.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 34

rk9152: Cool - Bill Maher as a source of unbiased news.

It was not offered as "news". Where did you get that notion?

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 34

Our current situation is that Trump had already admitted he got his information from a "lawyer on Fox news so go after him".   They later canned "the lawyer" for pushing   false news.  

Making a statement and then trying to find facts to support it is pushing falsh news. This is what Trump did.  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 34

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

We never really did get to the bottom of the Hillary investigation. Let's face it - yes she broke the law but we can't prove she intended to - is not innocence. The DOJ was politicized (the "Tarmac Summit"). The FBI's New York office was prevented from doing their investigation into the link between the SecState and the family business with regard to the flow of money from foreign nations.

Once again ............... 'deflection' ................ 'look over here' .............. it's all the Right has to offer.

How typical - when a rational, logical answer is not available, claim "deflection......look over there" - you forgot "cats" and "straw man".

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 34

@Olderscout66 wrote:

First off, the FBI investigated Hillary for YEARS and finally reported that she had done nothing wrong.

If you want a great run down on how Der Trumper's Trumpettes deal with the (for Republicans) very slipery concept of Truth, enjoy the following short video

Cool - Bill Maher as a source of unbiased news. And then a comment about "Der Trumper's Trumpettes" slipery(?) concept of Truth.

Strange, truly strange!!!!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 34

@rk9152 wrote:

We never really did get to the bottom of the Hillary investigation. Let's face it - yes she broke the law but we can't prove she intended to - is not innocence. The DOJ was politicized (the "Tarmac Summit"). The FBI's New York office was prevented from doing their investigation into the link between the SecState and the family business with regard to the flow of money from foreign nations.

Once again ............... 'deflection' ................ 'look over here' .............. it's all the Right has to offer.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 34

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

from scout - If ex-General Flynn did NOT betray his country, what's he need immunity from?

If Hillary's staffers did not betray their country. what was their need for immunity? If her staffers didn't betray their country, why was "my lawyer" exemption needed?

Life in  a society run by lawyers.

I keep remembering that famous quote from ex-General Flynn: "If they were not guilty, they would not be talking about immunity".   

And the Hillary staffers....... the "smoke/fire" analogy crosses Party and ideological lines.

Or the "watch what you say because it might come back to bite you when you get caught".  Just trying to get to the bottom of this. We have gotten to the bottom of all the Hillary accusations. No issues. 

Now, we want to get to the bottom of the Trump Campaign's connections to Russia. We shall see if there are any issues. Not with the House Committee, of course. That will be tainted until an if Nunes steps down and he can't do that but I have hope for the Senate and FBI inquiries. 

Man, a lot can happen in just 100 days, eh? I posted Lindsey Grahm's comments on Flynn's actions below. 

Over the weekend, Graham said at a town hall that the situation with Flynn was “getting weirder by the day,” and implored his fellow Republicans to “stay focused” on the investigation into Russia’s attempt to influence the outcome of the presidential election. Graham, who has been critical of the Trump administration’s approach to Russian relations, said Monday that he wouldn’t give immunity to Flynn, and said that Trump’s tweet defending Flynn’s request for immunity was “inappropriate.”

“I don't know what [Flynn] has to offer,” Graham said. “I wouldn’t give immunity to somebody until I knew they had something to offer.”

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 34

@pc6063 wrote:

RE:  Where there is smoke, there is fire comment.  Here's the BIGGEST difference between Secretary Clinton and Trump.

HILLARY--NOT UNDER FEDERAL INVESTIGATION

TRUMP--UNDER FEDERAL INVESTIGATION

While it is true that under the previous Administration the FBI (like other federal agencies) became a private resource of King Obama, I believe that technically the FBI is still a federal agency.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 34

First off, the FBI investigated Hillary for YEARS and finally reported that she had done nothing wrong.

If you want a great run down on how Der Trumper's Trumpettes deal with the (for Republicans) very slipery concept of Truth, enjoy the following short video

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 34

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

from scout - If ex-General Flynn did NOT betray his country, what's he need immunity from?

If Hillary's staffers did not betray their country. what was their need for immunity? If her staffers didn't betray their country, why was "my lawyer" exemption needed?

Life in  a society run by lawyers.

I keep remembering that famous quote from ex-General Flynn: "If they were not guilty, they would not be talking about immunity".   

And the Hillary staffers....... the "smoke/fire" analogy crosses Party and ideological lines.

Or the "watch what you say because it might come back to bite you when you get caught".  Just trying to get to the bottom of this. We have gotten to the bottom of all the Hillary accusations. No issues. 

Now, we want to get to the bottom of the Trump Campaign's connections to Russia. We shall see if there are any issues. Not with the House Committee, of course. That will be tainted until an if Nunes steps down and he can't do that but I have hope for the Senate and FBI inquiries. 

Man, a lot can happen in just 100 days, eh? I posted Lindsey Grahm's comments on Flynn's actions below. 

Over the weekend, Graham said at a town hall that the situation with Flynn was “getting weirder by the day,” and implored his fellow Republicans to “stay focused” on the investigation into Russia’s attempt to influence the outcome of the presidential election. Graham, who has been critical of the Trump administration’s approach to Russian relations, said Monday that he wouldn’t give immunity to Flynn, and said that Trump’s tweet defending Flynn’s request for immunity was “inappropriate.”

“I don't know what [Flynn] has to offer,” Graham said. “I wouldn’t give immunity to somebody until I knew they had something to offer.”

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22