Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Saudis As Innocent As Brett Kavanaugh

Message 1 of 5

This is why he is defending the despot Prince of Saudi Arabia. Remember people, during the 9/11/01 attacks, 15 of the 19 hijackers were citizen of Saudi Arabia.

I remember 

https://www.federalreserve.gov/boarddocs/testimony/2001/20010125/default.htm

Testimony of Chairman Alan Greenspan
Outlook for the federal budget and implications for fiscal policy 
Before the Committee on the Budget, U.S. Senate 
January 25, 2001

The most recent projections from the OMB indicate that, if current policies remain in place, the total unified surplus will reach $800 billion in fiscal year 2011, including an on-budget surplus of $500 billion. The CBO reportedly will be showing even larger surpluses. Moreover, the admittedly quite uncertain long-term budget exercises released by the CBO last October maintain an implicit on-budget surplus under baseline assumptions well past 2030 despite the budgetary pressures from the aging of the baby-boom generation, especially on the major health programs.

The most recent projections, granted their tentativeness, nonetheless make clear that the highly desirable goal of paying off the federal debt is in reach before the end of the decade. This is in marked contrast to the perspective of a year ago when the elimination of the debt did not appear likely until the next decade.

9/11, Iraq, Afghanistan, Bush tax cuts, the Great Recession, ISIS, Syria, 17 years of war, thousands of Americans dead in the attacks and wars,  tax cuts for billionaires, now we're 21 trillion in debt, over a trillion a year in deficits, no end in sight, and we " can't afford " Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, SNAP all that kind of stuff.

The Saudis ....... gave us Bin Laden, financed Al Qaeda, gave us 17 years of war, a 21 trillion dollar debt, and the prospect of killing Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid.

With the help of Republicans.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5

Trump claims he has no financial ties to Saudi Arabia:

1991: Sold his yacht to a Saudi billionaire for 20 million.

1995: Prince Alawleed of Saudia Arabila invested in a $325 million dollar deal for Trump's Plaza Hotel. Which went bankrupt, leaving Trump owing his investors.

2001: Trump sells the entire 45th floor of Trump world tower, costing $12 millions dollars to The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

2015: Trump at an Alabama rally: "I get along with them (Saudi Arabia). They buy apartment from me. 

2016: During his presidential campaign, Trump created 8 business ventures tied to potential real estates deal in Saudi Arabia. 

This is why he is defending the despot Prince of Saudi Arabia. Remember people, during the 9/11/01 attacks, 15 of the 19 hijackers were citizen of Saudi Arabia.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5

The world is well aware that a significantly large percentage of the Saudi royal family - who control the government of Saudi Arabia - are far more dishonest - and far bigger liars than trump and Kavanaugh - for many more years than the lying, cowardly, draft dodging, dishonest orange toad has been alive...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5

Saudis As Innocent As Brett Kavanaugh

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Just spoke with the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia who totally denied any knowledge of what took place in their Turkish Consulate. He was with Secretary of State Mike Pompeo...

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Just spoke with the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia who totally denied any knowledge of what took place in their Turkish Consulate. He was with Secretary of State Mike Pompeo...

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

...during the call, and told me that he has already started, and will rapidly expand, a full and complete investigation into this matter. Answers will be forthcoming shortly.

An underdiscussed exchange in Trump’s interview with Leslie Stahl Sunday night is his frank explanation about why he mocked Christine Blasey Ford at a rally. After at first denying that he did so, Trump falls back to his real rationale, namely, he won:

Lesley Stahl: And you mimicked Professor Blasey Ford. You mimicked her.

President Donald Trump: Had I not made that speech, we would not have won. I was just saying she didn’t seem to know anything.

Lesley Stahl: No (UNINTEL)—

President Donald Trump: And you’re trying to destroy a life of a man who has been extraordinary.

Lesley Stahl: Why did you have to make fun of her?

President Donald Trump: I didn’t really make fun of her.

Lesley Stahl: Well, they were laughing.

President Donald Trump: What I said the person that we’re talking about didn’t know the year, the time, the place.

Lesley Stahl: Professor Blasey Ford got before the Senate and — and was asked what’s the worst moment. And she said, “When the two boys laughed at me, at my expense.”

President Donald Trump: Okay, fine.

Lesley Stahl: And then I watched you mimic her and thousands of people were laughing at her.

President Donald Trump: They can do what they — I — I will tell you this. The way now Justice Kavanaugh was treated has become a big factor in the midterms. Have you seen what’s gone on with the polls?

Lesley Stahl: But did you have to—

President Donald Trump: Well, I think she was treated with great respect, I’ll — I’ll—

Lesley Stahl: And — but—

President Donald Trump: Be honest with you.

Lesley Stahl: But do you think — you treated her with—

President Donald Trump: There are those that think she shouldn’t have—

Lesley Stahl: Do you think you treated her with respect?

President Donald Trump: I think so, yeah. I did.

Lesley Stahl: But you seem to be saying that she lied.

President Donald Trump: W— you know what? I’m not gonna get into it because we won. It doesn’t matter. We won.

Justifying mockery of a sexual-assault victim — while they insist she mistook her assailant, not even Republicans deny that Ford was assaulted — because he won the vote is not a moral argument. It seems terribly naive and almost quaint at this late date to point it out, but Trump’s lack of interest in even pseudo-morality remains a truly shocking and unique fact about his presidency.

The rationale for confirming Kavanaugh is now the same as the rationale for believing the innocence of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman: They are both on Trump’s side, and can therefore commit any crimes they want.

Comments:

We have to be practical, Aristocrats have money, therefore they can commit any crimes they want, the more money you have ........... the more crimes you can commit.

Tags (3)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Saudis As Innocent As Brett Kavanaugh

Message 5 of 5

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/10/trump-calls-the-saudis-as-innocent-as-brett-kavanaugh.html

Trump Calls the Saudis As Innocent As Brett Kavanaugh

Brett Kavanaugh’s hearings were an important moment for Donald Trump’s standing with the Republican party elite, because the cause had the patina of legitimacy. Kavanaugh’s defenders could insist he deserved due process, and even though they were the ones denying the due process by denying the FBI the chance to interview all the witnesses, his case was presented in the garb of justice and fairness. As many conservatives joyfully noted, it brought Trump and his party elite into tighter formation than they had ever stood before.

But Trump has a way of humiliating his allies, especially when trying to morally justify their support. In an Associated Press interview, Trump used the almost holy cause of Kavanaugh as a point of reference to vouchsafe the innocence of Saudi Arabia’s kingdom, which nobody doubts has murdered dissident journalist Jamal Khashoggi. “Here we go again with you know you’re guilty until proven innocent,” he tells the Associated Press, “I don’t like that. We just went through that with Justice Kavanaugh and he was innocent all the way as far as I’m concerned. So we have to find out what happened.”

The evidence is in fact overwhelming. The New York Times reports that the suspects from the Saudi embassy in Istanbul had tight relationships with Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and his regime. Most recently The Wall Street Journal learned Turkey shared an audio recording of the murder with U.S. officials. Trump’s ratcheting professions of support for the all-but-certain murderers, even as evidence of their guilt piles up, is a revealing display of his method of working through what everybody else regards as moral questions without applying even the slightest bit of morality.

Trump, of course, is not a civil libertarian. Trump’s demands to execute the Central Park Five in the absence of any evidence of guilt, and refusal to acknowledge their exoneration when their innocence was proven, shows the kind of justice he metes out to his enemies. He is not only happy to indulge in guilty-until-proven-innocent when it suits him, he will go farther, into guilty-after-proven-innocent.

Yet most humans, and especially public figures, at least strive for the appearance of caring about justice. What’s amazing about Trump is how little interest he has in even concealing his venality.

Trump initially confessed his interest in absolving Saudi Arabia’s kingdom from guilt lay in the fact that it purchased lots of weapons from the United States. “I don’t like stopping massive amounts of money that’s being poured into our country,” he said of the Saudis, “they are spending $110b on military equipment and on things that create jobs for this country.”

Later, he conveyed that he spoke with the Saudi rulers, and seemed assured by their protestations of innocence, as if this had any evidentiary value at all.

There might be ways to finesse the issue, for Trump to punt the question to some kind of investigative body or international commission, to feign concern over the murder while hoping the media loses interest over time. Trump does not care. He is all but telling the world that the Saudis are his trusted allies, and just as he accepts Vladimir Putin’s claims of innocence in election meddling, so too does he accept those of his orb buddies.

Tags (3)
Kudos
Views
Replies