Getting ready to enroll in Medicare? AARP’s Medicare Made Easy has the resources you need to help you make the right choices.

Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Sarah Sanders and Christian Values

Message 1 of 17

Lady Sarah, The Donald, and the entire Republican Party have "used" the "Christian Values" carrot as a draw for the allegiance of their voters.  That (chirstian values) and the anti-abortion issue have been the Repubs bread and butter for years.

I wonder...."Will republican voters ever come to the realization that they are being played/used by a machine that really could care less about  "WE, THE PEOPLE" and whose every move and motive is governed by profit and gain?"

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 17

I guess that I elevated Sarah to a position that she would never have. and I apologize for that.Still feel that when all of this is finished, she should move with her fatheer far far away 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 17

@umbarch64 - I like your comparison!

Trump also takes a few pages from Napoleon's road to dictator play book. Napoleon was, at least in the beginning, a tactician and a strategic thinker. His power went to his head. He used the Pope to "legitimize" his title of Emperor. On the other hand, Trump is just a shoot-from-the-mouth guy. No strategy whatsoever. His head is already to full of himself. It can't get any bigger! Can it?  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 17

Here's the thing and it's always been true since a Human first realized they could make money off of Organizing Religion

Afterall - there is no way to prove anything they claim is True or False

Sorta like calling both Judge Kavanaugh and Professor Ford before the Judiciary Committee - there is no minimum burden of proof - nothing - whatever the members decide - No Rules - no Precedent - just whatever subjective evidence of the day appeal to the whims of each individual Senator

Afterall - the Beliefs even under just the Umbrella of Chrisitianity are as varied as the shapes of snowflakes

Most Importantly - Religious Beliefs - Christian Beliefs - are Fluid.................they exist as they are today in whatever Form the Human Leaders of the Organized Religions say they are

To question a Leader from any Organized Religion is Blasphemy

So again - Sarah Sanders - can practice her brand of Religion anyway she wants - she can come up with whatever excuse for the things that reasonable people know are simply blatant contradicitons and the Leaders of her Religion will give her cover

The Point again - it's all made up - it's whatever Chistians want it to be all about - Today

Tomorrow may be different than yesterday - but Today it's what they say it is Today

My Lifelong hope has always been that there Really is a God - I speak to my God frequently but always on my terms and without ever having to pay someone else for the privledge or the protocol

I hope my God exists mostly so I can see how they deal with the Hypocrits like Sarah Sander her Father and all the other Organized Religious Hypocrits that have ever lived........................

I expect it to be truly Rapturous............................

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 17

I don't mean to imply that 'the donald' is anywhere near the intellect of Niccolo Machiavelli. He's not. People aren't really sure whether or not Machhiavelli was Christian, some think he was a pagan, some an atheist. I mention him because certain aspects of his political and personal philosophy recur with 'the donald'.  I'm not suggesting a reincarnation here, only marked similarities.  Readers may wish to research Machiavelli more thoroughly...it's worth your time if you haven't already done so.

Professed religion may have little to nothing at all to do with actual philosophy of life for some people. It would be better to evaluate such people by looking at the consequences of what they do...particularly in regard to other people. They may, in fact, look upon religion as a tool to be used to achieve their ends [whatever they are] rather than a guiding principle.  

I believe I've mentioned before that the most successful of 'con-men' really do 'believe' what they say when they say it. The appearance of credibility depends on it so the 'mark' will buy into what is being peddled.  Character actors 'immerse' themselves in the character so deeply that the public often come to think the character actor actually is the character....perhaps you have done that one time or another and been completely flummoxed when that turned out not to be true.

Jaques, in Shakespeare's "As You Like It", begins his monologue with, "All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players".  He's right.  In the case of Donald John Trump together with virtually all of his coalition what you see is what they want to portray and nothing at all akin to what you get when you take the make-up off.    

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 17

@MaVolta wrote:

She sounds like someone who wants it both ways. First she says that her faith and work cannot be separated, that it is her duty "to take that message into the darkest places, and the dirtiest places, and the most tainted and dysfunctional places."  Then proceeds to walk all of that back by saying that she is speaking in broad terms, not about the WH, which we all know is dark, dirty, tainted, and dysfunctional under the present regime.

Exactly.  She's a hypocrite just like many of the so-called Christians posting here. Christianity isn't situational, is it?  One always whines when religion is brought up but as Sanders points out, to a REAL Christian, it can't be separated, it's their duty.  Most are frauds. 

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 17

She sounds like someone who wants it both ways. First she says that her faith and work cannot be separated, that it is her duty "to take that message into the darkest places, and the dirtiest places, and the most tainted and dysfunctional places."  Then proceeds to walk all of that back by saying that she is speaking in broad terms, not about the WH, which we all know is dark, dirty, tainted, and dysfunctional under the present regime.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 17

meanwhile a State Senator from OK is headed to jail for sex trafficking.    The values of the republican klan are sinking well into the muck in their own swamp.   Actually, he was caught in a hotel room with a 17 yo male.     This man is one of the orignal tea-partiers, who are the evangelical liars ingrained in the republican party.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/407157-ex-oklahoma-state-senator-sentence-to-15-years-for-c...

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 17

@rker321 wrote:

What Christian values?  the values that many  Evangelists  display?  the ones with the flexible morals.

I do hope that she understands that when this is all over, she may have to move to Canada or perhaps Mexico.  or elsewhere. She has been discredited as a journalist for decades to come.

LOL. And at least one here has been discredited as an astronaut!!!

Sanders isn't a "journalist".  She was a campaign manager and political adviser working as the press secretary, which is a spokesperson.  How can she be discredited as a journalist if she never was one?

"To the moon, Alice".

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 17

What Christian values?  the values that many  Evangelists  display?  the ones with the flexible morals.

I do hope that she understands that when this is all over, she may have to move to Canada or perhaps Mexico.  or elsewhere. She has been discredited as a journalist for decades to come.

Kudos
Views