From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Sarah Sanders and Christian Values

Message 11 of 17

“We all need help,” she said. “That’s the whole basis of Christianity. No one is perfect. We are all sinners.”

I suspect this is the mentality behind the abuse of children by clergy.

We might all need help and forgiveness,  but that doesn't translate into turning a blind eye to the wrongdoings others. 

We agree to the rules in a process of representative democracy,  write the rules down on paper,  and call them laws

If we try to hide the breaking of laws, either for politics or religion, or both, we become part of a criminal conspiracy to obstruct justice.

We become the problem.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 17

MASTER OF THE MEANINGLESS REPLY, WELL SAID, WISH I HAD CAME UP WITH IT.

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 17
She learned from an early age how to hide behind the church and be a Bible thumper of the first order. Good training for lying with a straight face. It is a shame that so many so-called Christians can be bullying liars. She must really need that job badly. I know that their many fine people in the Churches of this country and that most take their faith seriously and are true Christians. Sara Sanders is a sad example of a human being. She is just one of the many spin doctors in the White House. I don't think that anyone in the White House would recognize Christian values if they tripped over them. The millions of good people in this country should not be lumped in with these pretenders.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 17

Oh please, Sarah's spin on the facts, aren't exactly the truth. Or even close to being considered the truth. She is a true Trumpite.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 17
@Centristsin2010

She has none, that's why she has lasted so long as the lying spoke person for The Donald. Neither one of them have any Christian Values.
Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 17

The "Christian Values" exhibited by Sarah Slanders and the rest of Der Trumper's reich mirror those of famous Church leaders from the past - the names Torquemada and de Deza spring to mind.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Sarah Sanders and Christian Values

Message 17 of 17

‘No one is perfect’: Here’s how Sarah Huckabee Sanders excuses Trump’s conduct

For a just-published profile of White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders, the New Yorker’s Paige Williams got spotty cooperation. As it turns out, Sanders treats profile writers much the way she treats the press in her increasingly rare briefings. With a meddling touch, that is. Writes Williams: “Sanders may accept that she can’t control the questions she is asked, but she nevertheless tries to take control of every exchange. In her interactions with me, she took this approach to extremes, saying that almost everything was off the record.”

What’s not off the record is the interview that Sanders gave to Baptist Press in January, where she talked about her Christian faith — a topic on which this daughter of a former Southern Baptist preacher turned politician, Mike Huckabee, has always been outspoken. In those comments, Sanders spoke about how religion mixes with politics: “A lot of times people say you need to separate faith and work, and my answer is that you can’t. Because if you are a deep-rooted Christian, your faith is what defines you, and I think that’s something that I try to take with me in everything I do and certainly don’t separate that when I go to work every day.”

In her time with Sanders, Williams poked around on an adjacent topic. Just how did this Christian woman reconcile her Christian principles with the fellow who paid off Stormy Daniels to keep quiet about an alleged extramarital affair? Or, for that matter, hundreds of other offenses to common decency? From the profile:

“I’m not going to my office expecting it to be my church,” [Sanders] answered. “Frankly, if people of faith don’t get involved in the dirty process, then you’re missing the entire point of what we’re called to do. You’re not called to go into the places where everyone already thinks like you and is a believer — you have to go onto a stage where they’re not.” She went on, “You have to take that message into the darkest places, and the dirtiest places, and the most tainted and dysfunctional places. If you can influence even one person, that’s what you’re supposed to do.” (Later, Sanders said that she was speaking broadly, about her social duty as a Christian and not about the White House.)

I said a lot of Americans feel that the person who needs the most help is Trump.

“We all need help,” she said. “That’s the whole basis of Christianity. No one is perfect. We are all sinners.” I asked her if she considered Trump racist. She said no.

“No one is perfect” — what an elegant assertion of false equivalence. As if Trump’s predecessors in the White House were imperfect to the same degree as 45. It’s this ability that separates Sanders from previous press secretary Sean Spicer: She is the master of the unassailable and ultimately meaningless reply.

More at:  ‘No one is perfect’: Here’s how Sarah Huckabee Sanders excuses Trump’s conduct

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors