Medicare open enrollment has begun! Learn all about it in AARP's guide to Medicare made easy.

Reply
Trusted Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
153
Views

Re: San Francisco Bay Area Experiences MASS EXODUS Of Residents

153 Views
Message 11 of 74

@sp362wrote:

aruzinsky wrote:

sp362 wrote:

aruzinsky wrote:




None of my quotes are racist because there are no implications of genetic superiority.  The definition of racist is:

 

Racism | Definition of Racism by Merriam-Webster
1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

 

adjective: inherent

existing in something as a permanent, essential, or characteristic attribute.

 
In modern society, race is defined by genes.  

You forgot the definition of the adjective: "showing or feeling discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or believing that a particular race is superior to another."

 

Just some racist comments:

"I see many Mexican beggars."

"Begging, criminal activity and social services."

"people of Mexican ancestry have a cultural propensity to have large, extended families living in relatively small homes."

" Litter on my street is worse than ever.  And, there is more garbage in the alleys than ever."  (attributed to illegal immigrants only)

"And, if the illegals disappeared, other nationalities wouldn't replace them in Home Depot parking lots, because it is culturally beneath them. "

If you can't see how bigoted those statements are, I feel sorry for you and your neighbors.

 

One question for you, just how many of the over 19,000 genes in the Human Genome need to be different for you to classify somebody as a "different race"?


I dunno, but, you can send a DNA sample to a variety of labs and, for a fee, they will tell you your racial makeup.  For example, https://www.ancestry.com/dna/ .

 

The Mexican culture is not the result of Mexican genetics.  For example, if a Mexican family in Mexico adopted a Swedish baby, he would grow up to have a cultural propensity to have a large extended family live in relatively small homes.


Another racist opinion.  Where do you come up with this "cultural propensity"?  Are you going to claim anecdotal observations, which you use to support your bigoted beliefs?  Do you have any actual data that would support your claim?

 

Here is a table of household sizes. https://www.census.gov/data/tables/2016/demo/families/cps-2016.html  Look at the table for average number of people in a household.  You will see that the Hispanic average is 3.25 people, non Hispanic is 2.42 and White only is 2.50.  So this large extended family you keep talking about amounts to less than 1 extra person per house.

 

These facts are why I am calling your statement bigoted and racist.

 


Thank you for providing data to support my claim.  According to your data, the average Hispanic household is (3.25-2.5)/2.5 = 30% larger than white.  And, this included the Hispanic families born within the U.S. who lost Mexican culture, e.g., not speak Spanish.  Thus, recent Mexican immigrants, especially illegals, can reasonably be expected to have even larger households.

 

This is your evil liberal strategy:

 

1. Pretend that all cultures are magically equally good.

 

2. Attack anyone who doesn't agree with your delusion by calling them "racists" and "bigots" in a purely connotative sense, i.e., "racist" = bad, "bigot' = bad.     

 

If the the words, "racist" and "bigot" didn't exist, you liberals wouldn't have a word to stand on.

 

Your strategy didn't work in the last election because rational people are fed up with it. And, it will have the same effect in the next election.  

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
153
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
166
Views

Re: San Francisco Bay Area Experiences MASS EXODUS Of Residents

166 Views
Message 12 of 74

aruzinsky wrote:

sp362 wrote:

aruzinsky wrote:




None of my quotes are racist because there are no implications of genetic superiority.  The definition of racist is:

 

Racism | Definition of Racism by Merriam-Webster
1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

 

adjective: inherent

existing in something as a permanent, essential, or characteristic attribute.

 
In modern society, race is defined by genes.  

You forgot the definition of the adjective: "showing or feeling discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or believing that a particular race is superior to another."

 

Just some racist comments:

"I see many Mexican beggars."

"Begging, criminal activity and social services."

"people of Mexican ancestry have a cultural propensity to have large, extended families living in relatively small homes."

" Litter on my street is worse than ever.  And, there is more garbage in the alleys than ever."  (attributed to illegal immigrants only)

"And, if the illegals disappeared, other nationalities wouldn't replace them in Home Depot parking lots, because it is culturally beneath them. "

If you can't see how bigoted those statements are, I feel sorry for you and your neighbors.

 

One question for you, just how many of the over 19,000 genes in the Human Genome need to be different for you to classify somebody as a "different race"?


I dunno, but, you can send a DNA sample to a variety of labs and, for a fee, they will tell you your racial makeup.  For example, https://www.ancestry.com/dna/ .

 

The Mexican culture is not the result of Mexican genetics.  For example, if a Mexican family in Mexico adopted a Swedish baby, he would grow up to have a cultural propensity to have a large extended family live in relatively small homes.


Another racist opinion.  Where do you come up with this "cultural propensity"?  Are you going to claim anecdotal observations, which you use to support your bigoted beliefs?  Do you have any actual data that would support your claim?

 

Here is a table of household sizes. https://www.census.gov/data/tables/2016/demo/families/cps-2016.html  Look at the table for average number of people in a household.  You will see that the Hispanic average is 3.25 people, non Hispanic is 2.42 and White only is 2.50.  So this large extended family you keep talking about amounts to less than 1 extra person per house.

 

These facts are why I am calling your statement bigoted and racist.

 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
166
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
182
Views

Re: San Francisco Bay Area Experiences MASS EXODUS Of Residents

182 Views
Message 13 of 74

sp362 wrote:

aruzinsky wrote:

sp362 wrote:

aruzinsky wrote:



 


Stop lying about my assumptions.  My implication was that less than 8% of the stand-by jurors were Hispanic because I was including Indians and Asians in my count.  The Hispanic population of Cook County was about 25.3% according to the 2010 census.  Thus, it seems that more than (25.3 - 8)/25.3 = 68% of the Hispanics in Cook County are illegal.  I don't expect anyone to believe me.  I expect them to take their own counts during jury duty and do the math. 


Indignation is always a last resort.  You seem to have a basic problem with math, try again.  Also, you can point out to me which of your points that I have called out are not racist.


None of my quotes are racist because there are no implications of genetic superiority.  The definition of racist is:

 

Racism | Definition of Racism by Merriam-Webster
1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

 

adjective: inherent

existing in something as a permanent, essential, or characteristic attribute.

 
In modern society, race is defined by genes.  

You forgot the definition of the adjective: "showing or feeling discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or believing that a particular race is superior to another."

 

Just some racist comments:

"I see many Mexican beggars."

"Begging, criminal activity and social services."

"people of Mexican ancestry have a cultural propensity to have large, extended families living in relatively small homes."

" Litter on my street is worse than ever.  And, there is more garbage in the alleys than ever."  (attributed to illegal immigrants only)

"And, if the illegals disappeared, other nationalities wouldn't replace them in Home Depot parking lots, because it is culturally beneath them. "

If you can't see how bigoted those statements are, I feel sorry for you and your neighbors.

 

One question for you, just how many of the over 19,000 genes in the Human Genome need to be different for you to classify somebody as a "different race"?


I dunno, but, you can send a DNA sample to a variety of labs and, for a fee, they will tell you your racial makeup.  For example, https://www.ancestry.com/dna/ .

 

The Mexican culture is not the result of Mexican genetics.  For example, if a Mexican family in Mexico adopted a Swedish baby, he would grow up to have a cultural propensity to have a large extended family live in relatively small homes.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
182
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
184
Views

Re: San Francisco Bay Area Experiences MASS EXODUS Of Residents

184 Views
Message 14 of 74

aruzinsky wrote:

sp362 wrote:

aruzinsky wrote:



 


Stop lying about my assumptions.  My implication was that less than 8% of the stand-by jurors were Hispanic because I was including Indians and Asians in my count.  The Hispanic population of Cook County was about 25.3% according to the 2010 census.  Thus, it seems that more than (25.3 - 8)/25.3 = 68% of the Hispanics in Cook County are illegal.  I don't expect anyone to believe me.  I expect them to take their own counts during jury duty and do the math. 


Indignation is always a last resort.  You seem to have a basic problem with math, try again.  Also, you can point out to me which of your points that I have called out are not racist.


None of my quotes are racist because there are no implications of genetic superiority.  The definition of racist is:

 

Racism | Definition of Racism by Merriam-Webster
1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

 

adjective: inherent

existing in something as a permanent, essential, or characteristic attribute.

 
In modern society, race is defined by genes.  

You forgot the definition of the adjective: "showing or feeling discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or believing that a particular race is superior to another."

 

Just some racist comments:

"I see many Mexican beggars."

"Begging, criminal activity and social services."

"people of Mexican ancestry have a cultural propensity to have large, extended families living in relatively small homes."

" Litter on my street is worse than ever.  And, there is more garbage in the alleys than ever."  (attributed to illegal immigrants only)

"And, if the illegals disappeared, other nationalities wouldn't replace them in Home Depot parking lots, because it is culturally beneath them. "

If you can't see how bigoted those statements are, I feel sorry for you and your neighbors.

 

One question for you, just how many of the over 19,000 genes in the Human Genome need to be different for you to classify somebody as a "different race"?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
184
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
175
Views

Re: San Francisco Bay Area Experiences MASS EXODUS Of Residents

175 Views
Message 15 of 74

sp362 wrote:

aruzinsky wrote:



 


Stop lying about my assumptions.  My implication was that less than 8% of the stand-by jurors were Hispanic because I was including Indians and Asians in my count.  The Hispanic population of Cook County was about 25.3% according to the 2010 census.  Thus, it seems that more than (25.3 - 8)/25.3 = 68% of the Hispanics in Cook County are illegal.  I don't expect anyone to believe me.  I expect them to take their own counts during jury duty and do the math. 


Indignation is always a last resort.  You seem to have a basic problem with math, try again.  Also, you can point out to me which of your points that I have called out are not racist.


None of my quotes are racist because there are no implications of genetic superiority.  The definition of racist is:

 

Racism | Definition of Racism by Merriam-Webster
1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

 

adjective: inherent

existing in something as a permanent, essential, or characteristic attribute.

 
In modern society, race is defined by genes.  
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
175
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
173
Views

Re: San Francisco Bay Area Experiences MASS EXODUS Of Residents

173 Views
Message 16 of 74

aruzinsky wrote:



 


Stop lying about my assumptions.  My implication was that less than 8% of the stand-by jurors were Hispanic because I was including Indians and Asians in my count.  The Hispanic population of Cook County was about 25.3% according to the 2010 census.  Thus, it seems that more than (25.3 - 8)/25.3 = 68% of the Hispanics in Cook County are illegal.  I don't expect anyone to believe me.  I expect them to take their own counts during jury duty and do the math. 


Indignation is always a last resort.  You seem to have a basic problem with math, try again.  Also, you can point out to me which of your points that I have called out are not racist.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
173
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
175
Views

Re: San Francisco Bay Area Experiences MASS EXODUS Of Residents

175 Views
Message 17 of 74

sp362 wrote:

aruzinsky wrote:

sp362 wrote:


 

 


 


"Illegal immigrants do not qualify for social services."

 

Untrue.  They get public schools and healthcare for their childen, college financial aid and prison services.  And, an illegal alien may receive benefits under the Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC) and Food Stamps programs on behalf of his or her U.S. citizen child. A 1997 General Accounting Office (GAO) report determined that in 1995 households headed by illegal aliens received a total of $700 million in AFDC benefits and $430 million in Food Stamps.

The illegal alien receives NOTHING.  The aid is going to their children who are American Citizens.  Are you actually saying that a family can afford to live off the aid given to the children?  An excerpt from the report:"

Although illegal alien parents are not eligible for assistance, their income and assets are taken into account when determining the eligibility of and benefit amounts for their citizen children. Table 1 shows the average monthly benefit amounts under the various programs. Recipients often receive assistance from more than one program. In 1995, about 87 percent of AFDC households also received Food Stamp benefits and 31 percent received housing assistance. No individual may receive both AFDC and SSI benefits."
In 1995, there were about 5 million illegal aliens in the US.  This works out to $226 per person, per year and doesn't include the citizen children, so the amount per person is even less than that.  As far as schools, school taxes in California are paid off the property tax roles.  If they have a residence, they are paying towards the schools.  Whether or not they are paying enough is another question.  I have always paid far more in school taxes, than I have received, but that is the way the system is setup.

 

"A bank or a landlord wants to see proof of income, saying I am begging or stealing won't work."

 

When dealing with a large extended family, only one member need show proof of income and then share the costs with the rest who beg, steal or sell drugs.  Thus, a large extended family can outbid a single person and drive house and rent prices up.  If one person in a family can show proof of income to afford the high housing costs in the Bay Area, you know what that means?  It means they have a good paying job.  So one member has good paying job and that leaves these other Mexicans free to go out and steal and sell drugs.  Do you understand how stupid and racist that comment even is? 

If only 1 member of this family has a good paying job, how are they driving up housing prices?  The amount you can afford in rent is also determined by how much you have to spend on food and other incidentals.  An extended family of 10 living under the same roof has higher costs on food, etc, than a family of four.  Again, if there is more than 1 primary breadwinner and they wanted to have separate houses, that is what drives prices up.  Your implication that all Mexicans are living in large extended families is stupid and bigoted.

 

"Exactly how many days a year does the average citizen serve on a jury and what percentage of illegal immigrants end up before a jury?  I think this last piece of "logic" is a continuation of bigoted views."

 

My assumption is that the percentages of illegals and citizens that end up before a jury are equal.  I only know that in Cook County, IL, I was summoned about once every 5 years in the 1970s and now about once every 3 years.  But, I made an interesting observation, about 8% of the stand-by jurors in the waiting room had olive skin and straight hair but, in the neighborhood outside of the criminal court building, about 95% of the people had olive skin and straight hair.  Thus, I think that the publicized percentages of Mexican illegals are grossly underestimated or outright lies.

You are complaining about going to jury duty every three years?  As far as your observations, are you assuming that everybody you saw with olive skin and straight hair was an illegal immigrant.  The question is not the percentages around the court house, but the percentages in Cook County.  Your observations are also colored by your prejudices, I suggest you look up actual statistics.


 


Stop lying about my assumptions.  My implication was that less than 8% of the stand-by jurors were Hispanic because I was including Indians and Asians in my count.  The Hispanic population of Cook County was about 25.3% according to the 2010 census.  Thus, it seems that more than (25.3 - 8)/25.3 = 68% of the Hispanics in Cook County are illegal.  I don't expect anyone to believe me.  I expect them to take their own counts during jury duty and do the math. 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
175
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
175
Views

Re: San Francisco Bay Area Experiences MASS EXODUS Of Residents

175 Views
Message 18 of 74

aruzinsky wrote:

sp362 wrote:


 

 


 


"Illegal immigrants do not qualify for social services."

 

Untrue.  They get public schools and healthcare for their childen, college financial aid and prison services.  And, an illegal alien may receive benefits under the Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC) and Food Stamps programs on behalf of his or her U.S. citizen child. A 1997 General Accounting Office (GAO) report determined that in 1995 households headed by illegal aliens received a total of $700 million in AFDC benefits and $430 million in Food Stamps.

The illegal alien receives NOTHING.  The aid is going to their children who are American Citizens.  Are you actually saying that a family can afford to live off the aid given to the children?  An excerpt from the report:"

Although illegal alien parents are not eligible for assistance, their income and assets are taken into account when determining the eligibility of and benefit amounts for their citizen children. Table 1 shows the average monthly benefit amounts under the various programs. Recipients often receive assistance from more than one program. In 1995, about 87 percent of AFDC households also received Food Stamp benefits and 31 percent received housing assistance. No individual may receive both AFDC and SSI benefits."
In 1995, there were about 5 million illegal aliens in the US.  This works out to $226 per person, per year and doesn't include the citizen children, so the amount per person is even less than that.  As far as schools, school taxes in California are paid off the property tax roles.  If they have a residence, they are paying towards the schools.  Whether or not they are paying enough is another question.  I have always paid far more in school taxes, than I have received, but that is the way the system is setup.

 

"A bank or a landlord wants to see proof of income, saying I am begging or stealing won't work."

 

When dealing with a large extended family, only one member need show proof of income and then share the costs with the rest who beg, steal or sell drugs.  Thus, a large extended family can outbid a single person and drive house and rent prices up.  If one person in a family can show proof of income to afford the high housing costs in the Bay Area, you know what that means?  It means they have a good paying job.  So one member has good paying job and that leaves these other Mexicans free to go out and steal and sell drugs.  Do you understand how stupid and racist that comment even is? 

If only 1 member of this family has a good paying job, how are they driving up housing prices?  The amount you can afford in rent is also determined by how much you have to spend on food and other incidentals.  An extended family of 10 living under the same roof has higher costs on food, etc, than a family of four.  Again, if there is more than 1 primary breadwinner and they wanted to have separate houses, that is what drives prices up.  Your implication that all Mexicans are living in large extended families is stupid and bigoted.

 

"Exactly how many days a year does the average citizen serve on a jury and what percentage of illegal immigrants end up before a jury?  I think this last piece of "logic" is a continuation of bigoted views."

 

My assumption is that the percentages of illegals and citizens that end up before a jury are equal.  I only know that in Cook County, IL, I was summoned about once every 5 years in the 1970s and now about once every 3 years.  But, I made an interesting observation, about 8% of the stand-by jurors in the waiting room had olive skin and straight hair but, in the neighborhood outside of the criminal court building, about 95% of the people had olive skin and straight hair.  Thus, I think that the publicized percentages of Mexican illegals are grossly underestimated or outright lies.

You are complaining about going to jury duty every three years?  As far as your observations, are you assuming that everybody you saw with olive skin and straight hair was an illegal immigrant.  The question is not the percentages around the court house, but the percentages in Cook County.  Your observations are also colored by your prejudices, I suggest you look up actual statistics.


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
175
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
173
Views

Re: San Francisco Bay Area Experiences MASS EXODUS Of Residents

173 Views
Message 19 of 74

sp362 wrote:

aruzinsky wrote:

sp362 wrote:

aruzinsky wrote:



"that means they are taking up LESS housing than two independent families would be and are thus LOWERING housing prices, not raising them."

 

That's called "begging the question." 

 

http://grammarist.com/rhetoric/begging-the-question-fallacy/

 

I agree, I think you are "begging the question".  The more "breadwinners" that live in a residence, the LESS total residences are needed.  That is the logic.  Just as if everybody lived by themselves, more housing would be needed.

Again, you falsely assume that the number of jobs alone determines the population of the city.  First, many US citizens are retired or otherwise not looking for jobs.  This is AARP, after all, duh!  Secondly, not every illegal is employed.  It is unknown how many illegals are counted in unemployment statistics:

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/archives/empsit_06012007.pdf

If they are retired and not looking for jobs, then they are free to move if they choose.  How is an illegal immigrant going to afford to live if the work is not there and they are not working?  How are they going to afford the high cost of housing? That is why this extra 8% as you call them would be there no matter what.  If you are going to say that 8% of the retired people could leave and not be replaced, I would not argue with that.

 

And, I see many Mexicans hanging around the parking lots of Home Depot looking for pick up work.  And, I see many Mexican beggars.  

Again, that means people are hiring them because there is a need for this labor, REGARDLESS OF IMMIGRATION STATUS.


 


"Again, that means people are hiring them because there is a need for this labor, REGARDLESS OF IMMIGRATION STATUS."

 

Begging is not work.   If all undocumented Mexcan beggars disappeared, they wouldn't be replaced by other beggars.  You are abusing the word "need."  If someone wants to hire an illegal to do gardening work, it is not because they need it.  It is because they want a frivolous improvement to their life style.  And, if the illegals disappeared, other nationalities wouldn't replace them in Home Depot parking lots, because it is culturally beneath them. 

So you are saying ALL Mexicans are beggars?  I seriously doubt a beggar is able to afford to live in the Bay Area, especially on their own.  Of course somebody is hiring somebody to do work because they need it done.  To state otherwise means you know nothing of basic economics.  Your last sentence is simply too bigoted and stupid to respond to.

 

"The more "breadwinners" that live in a residence, the LESS total residences are needed.  That is the logic.

 

Suppose there is a town of 100 single people living in 100 identical houses.  One of the residents sells his house to a working couple and moves out of the town.  Now there are 101 people living in 100 houses.  That is the logic.

And if two separate working people came to this town who wanted to live separately and there was only one house available, there would be a bidding war and the price would go up.  Conversely, if 10 individuals who were living alone moved away and were replaced by 10 individuals who wanted roommates, there is now a glut of 5 houses and prices would go down.  That is the logic.

 

"How is an illegal immigrant going to afford to live if the work is not there and they are not working?" 

 

Begging, criminal activity and social services.

Illegal immigrants do not qualify for social services.  A bank or a landlord wants to see proof of income, saying I am begging or stealing won't work.  Are you seriously saying all illegal immigrants are beggars and criminals?  If you are, you are simply a bigot who blames others for any failure in their life.

 

Incidentally, there is a type of work that illegal immigrants use but do not contribute to; Jury Labor.  As plaintiffs and defendants in courts of law, illegal immigrants use jury labor, but, illegal immigrants cannot serve on juries. As a result, US citizens are summoned to jury service more often than they would be if there were no illegal immigrants.  For me, that's reason enough to want them deported.     

Exactly how many days a year does the average citizen serve on a jury and what percentage of illegal immigrants end up before a jury?  I think this last piece of "logic" is a continuation of bigoted views.

 

 


 


"Illegal immigrants do not qualify for social services."

 

Untrue.  They get public schools and healthcare for their childen, college financial aid and prison services.  And, an illegal alien may receive benefits under the Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC) and Food Stamps programs on behalf of his or her U.S. citizen child. A 1997 General Accounting Office (GAO) report determined that in 1995 households headed by illegal aliens received a total of $700 million in AFDC benefits and $430 million in Food Stamps.

 

"A bank or a landlord wants to see proof of income, saying I am begging or stealing won't work."

 

When dealing with a large extended family, only one member need show proof of income and then share the costs with the rest who beg, steal or sell drugs.  Thus, a large extended family can outbid a single person and drive house and rent prices up.

 

"Exactly how many days a year does the average citizen serve on a jury and what percentage of illegal immigrants end up before a jury?  I think this last piece of "logic" is a continuation of bigoted views."

 

My assumption is that the percentages of illegals and citizens that end up before a jury are equal.  I only know that in Cook County, IL, I was summoned about once every 5 years in the 1970s and now about once every 3 years.  But, I made an interesting observation, about 8% of the stand-by jurors in the waiting room had olive skin and straight hair but, in the neighborhood outside of the criminal court building, about 95% of the people had olive skin and straight hair.  Thus, I think that the publicized percentages of Mexican illegals are grossly underestimated or outright lies.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
173
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
204
Views

Re: San Francisco Bay Area Experiences MASS EXODUS Of Residents

204 Views
Message 20 of 74

jimc91 wrote:

 

SAN JOSE (KPIX 5) – The number of people packing up and moving out of the Bay Area just hit its highest level in more than a decade.

 

Carole Dabak spent 40 years living in San Jose and now she’s part of the mass exodus that is showing no signs of slowing down.

 

The retired engineer’s packing up and calling it quits about to move to the state of Tennessee.

“I loved it here when I first got here. I really loved it here. But it’s just not the same,” Dabak said.

Of course people come and go from the Bay Area all the time, but for the first time in a long time, more people are leaving the Bay Area than are coming in. And the number one place in the country for out-migration is now, right here.

 

Russell Hancock with Joint Venture Silicon Valley said, “Silicon Valley has been this place that is growing. And it was mostly growing because…people relocating here and relocating from other parts of the world. That’s changing.”

 

Joint Venture Silicon Valley’s own study of the out-migration says workers are moving to Sacramento, Austin, and Portland due to a number of factors. But topping the list is the high cost of housing.

 

“You can’t even contemplate getting into the housing market here,” Hancock said. “And I don’t mean just service workers, I mean highly skilled professionals. The tech elite are having a hard time affording reasonable housing in Silicon Valley. So this is difficult, this makes it very difficult for employers trying to recruit.”

 

Operators of a San Jose U-Haul business say one of their biggest problems is getting its rental moving vans back because so many are on a one-way ticket out of town.

 

Dabak cites crowding, crime and politics as the reasons for her own exodus.

“We don’t like it here anymore. You know, we don’t like this sanctuary state status and just the politics here,” she said.

 

She plans to sell her home for about $1 million, buy a much larger place near Nashville for less than half that and retire closer to family and friends.

 

Nationwide, the cities with the highest inflows, according to Redfin are Phoenix, Las Vegas, Atlanta, and Nashville.

 

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2018/02/08/san-francisco-bay-area-mass-exodus-residents/

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Its always interesting to read the comments at the end of an article like this..

___________________________

 

So, what's your point?


Assume nothing. Question everything. And start thinking.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
204
Views